www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - TDPL sales up from July

reply Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
I thought this might be of interest to the community - as of today, 
August sales of TDPL from erdani.com redirected to Amazon have exceeded 
those in July. The data is only indicative of a trend if anything, as it 
only represents a fraction of the total sales.

Andrei
Aug 26 2010
next sibling parent reply Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich name.com> writes:
Andrei, some spammer keeps removing the errata and putting spam links instead.
I can roll back the changes, but he/she will in no doubt spam again.

Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:

 I thought this might be of interest to the community - as of today, 
 August sales of TDPL from erdani.com redirected to Amazon have exceeded 
 those in July. The data is only indicative of a trend if anything, as it 
 only represents a fraction of the total sales.
 
 Andrei

Aug 27 2010
parent reply Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich name.com> writes:
I've reverted the change, you can see the history and the previous change for
the spam:

http://erdani.com/tdpl/errata/index.php?title=Main_Page&oldid=55
http://erdani.com/tdpl/errata/index.php?title=Main_Page&oldid=49

Andrej Mitrovic Wrote:

 Andrei, some spammer keeps removing the errata and putting spam links instead.
I can roll back the changes, but he/she will in no doubt spam again.
 
 Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:
 
 I thought this might be of interest to the community - as of today, 
 August sales of TDPL from erdani.com redirected to Amazon have exceeded 
 those in July. The data is only indicative of a trend if anything, as it 
 only represents a fraction of the total sales.
 
 Andrei


Aug 27 2010
parent reply Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 8/27/10 12:35 PDT, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
 I've reverted the change, you can see the history and the previous change for
the spam:

 http://erdani.com/tdpl/errata/index.php?title=Main_Page&oldid=55
 http://erdani.com/tdpl/errata/index.php?title=Main_Page&oldid=49

 Andrej Mitrovic Wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up and fix, Andrej. For now I've disabled editing. Andrei
Aug 27 2010
parent Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich gmail.com> writes:
auto newErrata = const(oldErrata);

Btw, glad the sales are up, the book is really enjoyable to read.

Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:

 On 8/27/10 12:35 PDT, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
 I've reverted the change, you can see the history and the previous change for
the spam:

 http://erdani.com/tdpl/errata/index.php?title=Main_Page&oldid=55
 http://erdani.com/tdpl/errata/index.php?title=Main_Page&oldid=49

 Andrej Mitrovic Wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up and fix, Andrej. For now I've disabled editing. Andrei

Aug 27 2010
prev sibling parent reply Daniel de Kok <me danieldk.eu> writes:
On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 22:39:31 -0700, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 I thought this might be of interest to the community - as of today,
 August sales of TDPL from erdani.com redirected to Amazon have exceeded
 those in July. The data is only indicative of a trend if anything, as it
 only represents a fraction of the total sales.

That's excellent news! Do you have any idea how sales compare to other non-mainstream PL books (say Real-World Haskell)? Still have to pick up a copy. It seems that local bookstores have it in stock :). -- Daniel
Aug 29 2010
next sibling parent reply "Nick Sabalausky" <a a.a> writes:
"Daniel de Kok" <me danieldk.eu> wrote in message 
news:i5eemu$1dt$1 digitalmars.com...
 It seems that local bookstores have it in
 stock :).

Really? That surprises me. None of the ones around here have it. (But then again, I live near Cleveland and nearly everyone around here with any real technical talent leaves town as soon as they hit 18, so maybe that's why.)
Aug 29 2010
parent Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 08/29/2010 03:51 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
 "Daniel de Kok"<me danieldk.eu>  wrote in message
 news:i5eemu$1dt$1 digitalmars.com...
 It seems that local bookstores have it in
 stock :).

Really? That surprises me. None of the ones around here have it. (But then again, I live near Cleveland and nearly everyone around here with any real technical talent leaves town as soon as they hit 18, so maybe that's why.)

Couldn't find it at B&N in Houston either. I asked the clerk, he said they only have it on order. Andrei
Aug 29 2010
prev sibling parent reply Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 08/29/2010 03:07 PM, Daniel de Kok wrote:
 On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 22:39:31 -0700, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 I thought this might be of interest to the community - as of today,
 August sales of TDPL from erdani.com redirected to Amazon have exceeded
 those in July. The data is only indicative of a trend if anything, as it
 only represents a fraction of the total sales.

That's excellent news! Do you have any idea how sales compare to other non-mainstream PL books (say Real-World Haskell)? Still have to pick up a copy. It seems that local bookstores have it in stock :). -- Daniel

Hi Daniel! I don't have solid comparison data. One indication is the Amazon sales rank (lower is better). At this moment TDPL has rank 86,607 and Real-World Haskell has rank 133,809. Andrei
Aug 29 2010
parent BLS <windevguy hotmail.de> writes:
On 29/08/2010 23:29, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 On 08/29/2010 03:07 PM, Daniel de Kok wrote:
 On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 22:39:31 -0700, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 I thought this might be of interest to the community - as of today,
 August sales of TDPL from erdani.com redirected to Amazon have exceeded
 those in July. The data is only indicative of a trend if anything, as it
 only represents a fraction of the total sales.

That's excellent news! Do you have any idea how sales compare to other non-mainstream PL books (say Real-World Haskell)? Still have to pick up a copy. It seems that local bookstores have it in stock :). -- Daniel

Hi Daniel! I don't have solid comparison data. One indication is the Amazon sales rank (lower is better). At this moment TDPL has rank 86,607 and Real-World Haskell has rank 133,809. Andrei

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #52,179 Aug/30
Aug 30 2010