www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - Silvermirror to mirror websites

reply Chris Wright <dhasenan gmail.com> writes:
Github: https://github.com/dhasenan/silvermirror

Silvermirror is a tool to mirror websites -- download them locally and 
serve copies of them.

Compared to wget, which is the standard tool, its advantages are:

* Resumability
* Reduced memory usage (at least 20x in my tests)
* Consistent URL mapping
* Correctness (fewer assumptions about URL/file mapping)
* Human-readable output
* A simple builtin template engine
* An index of pages available

Future directions:

* Integrated fulltext search
* Better templates
* Better excludes
Jan 14
next sibling parent reply Dukc <ajieskola gmail.com> writes:
You forgot to add a license/unlicense...
Jan 15
parent Chris Wright <dhasenan gmail.com> writes:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 09:53:16 +0000, Dukc wrote:

 You forgot to add a license/unlicense...
Thanks, fixed! MIT licensed, unless someone needs it under another.
Jan 15
prev sibling parent reply Nick B <nick.barbalich gmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 15 January 2017 at 02:28:34 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
 Github: https://github.com/dhasenan/silvermirror

 Silvermirror is a tool to mirror websites -- download them 
 locally and serve copies of them.
What is the version of D that Silvermirror is compiled under ? Nick
Jan 15
parent reply Chris Wright <dhasenan gmail.com> writes:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 21:30:47 +0000, Nick B wrote:

 On Sunday, 15 January 2017 at 02:28:34 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
 Github: https://github.com/dhasenan/silvermirror

 Silvermirror is a tool to mirror websites -- download them locally and
 serve copies of them.
What is the version of D that Silvermirror is compiled under ? Nick
I'm still on 2.071.1. Are you experiencing issues on another version?
Jan 15
parent Nick B <nick.barbalich gmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 15 January 2017 at 23:32:34 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
 On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 21:30:47 +0000, Nick B wrote:
 I'm still on 2.071.1. Are you experiencing issues on another 
 version?
No, just checking. Thanks Nick
Jan 15