www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - Release Candidate 2.073.0-rc1

reply Martin Nowak <code+news.digitalmars dawg.eu> writes:
First release candidate for 2.073.0.

http://dlang.org/download.html#dmd_beta
http://dlang.org/changelog/2.073.0.html

Comes with a couple of more fixes:
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/compare/v2.073.0-b2...v2.073.0-rc1
https://github.com/dlang/druntime/compare/v2.073.0-b2...v2.073.0-rc1
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/compare/v2.073.0-b2...v2.073.0-rc1
https://github.com/dlang/dub/compare/v1.2.0-beta.2...v1.2.0-rc.1

Please report any bugs at https://issues.dlang.org

-Martin
Jan 18
next sibling parent reply Suliman <evermind live.ru> writes:
On Wednesday, 18 January 2017 at 13:48:06 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
 First release candidate for 2.073.0.

 http://dlang.org/download.html#dmd_beta 
 http://dlang.org/changelog/2.073.0.html

 Comes with a couple of more fixes: 
 https://github.com/dlang/dmd/compare/v2.073.0-b2...v2.073.0-rc1 
 https://github.com/dlang/druntime/compare/v2.073.0-b2...v2.073.0-rc1
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/compare/v2.073.0-b2...v2.073.0-rc1
https://github.com/dlang/dub/compare/v1.2.0-beta.2...v1.2.0-rc.1

 Please report any bugs at https://issues.dlang.org

 -Martin
http://dlang.org/changelog/2.073.0.html#mscrtlib-option How can I set this flag in dub.json? I tried: "dflags": [ "-mscrt=msvcrt" ] but got error: Error: unrecognized switch '-mscrt=msvcrt'
Jan 18
parent reply Rainer Schuetze <r.sagitario gmx.de> writes:
On 19.01.2017 08:32, Suliman wrote:
 http://dlang.org/changelog/2.073.0.html#mscrtlib-option
 How can I set this flag in dub.json? I tried:
 "dflags": [ "-mscrt=msvcrt" ]
 but got error:
 Error: unrecognized switch '-mscrt=msvcrt'
Ouch, the switch is actually called -mscrtlib. We need to fix the documentation...
Jan 19
next sibling parent Rainer Schuetze <r.sagitario gmx.de> writes:
On 19.01.2017 20:22, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
 On 19.01.2017 08:32, Suliman wrote:
 http://dlang.org/changelog/2.073.0.html#mscrtlib-option
 How can I set this flag in dub.json? I tried:
 "dflags": [ "-mscrt=msvcrt" ]
 but got error:
 Error: unrecognized switch '-mscrt=msvcrt'
Ouch, the switch is actually called -mscrtlib. We need to fix the documentation...
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6471 https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1557
Jan 19
prev sibling parent reply Suliman <evermind live.ru> writes:
On Thursday, 19 January 2017 at 19:22:07 UTC, Rainer Schuetze 
wrote:
 On 19.01.2017 08:32, Suliman wrote:
 http://dlang.org/changelog/2.073.0.html#mscrtlib-option
 How can I set this flag in dub.json? I tried:
 "dflags": [ "-mscrt=msvcrt" ]
 but got error:
 Error: unrecognized switch '-mscrt=msvcrt'
Ouch, the switch is actually called -mscrtlib. We need to fix the documentation...
Thanks! Now it's compile. What version of cruntime (I tried: libcmtd, msvcrt msvcrtd) I should use to prevent depending my project on `msvcr120.dll`. Now when I try run vibed-based project on another PC it's give me error about absent `msvcr120.dll`.
Jan 19
parent reply Rainer Schuetze <r.sagitario gmx.de> writes:
On 19.01.2017 21:56, Suliman wrote:
 On Thursday, 19 January 2017 at 19:22:07 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
 On 19.01.2017 08:32, Suliman wrote:
 http://dlang.org/changelog/2.073.0.html#mscrtlib-option
 How can I set this flag in dub.json? I tried:
 "dflags": [ "-mscrt=msvcrt" ]
 but got error:
 Error: unrecognized switch '-mscrt=msvcrt'
Ouch, the switch is actually called -mscrtlib. We need to fix the documentation...
Thanks! Now it's compile. What version of cruntime (I tried: libcmtd, msvcrt msvcrtd) I should use to prevent depending my project on `msvcr120.dll`. Now when I try run vibed-based project on another PC it's give me error about absent `msvcr120.dll`.
If you just want a single executable, the default (libcmt) is good enough. It adds the C runtime as a static library in the link step. The DLL version of the C runtime is used with msvcrt and msvcrtd (the latter is the debug version). This is usually needed if the executable passes memory or other resources to other DLLs. Microsoft recommends to install the redistributable package in that case, e.g. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
Jan 19
parent Suliman <evermind live.ru> writes:
 If you just want a single executable, the default (libcmt) is 
 good enough. It adds the C runtime as a static library in the 
 link step.
I already tried it, but app is still require msvcr120.dll when run it's on another PC.
Jan 20
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Jacob Carlborg <doob me.com> writes:
On 2017-01-18 14:48, Martin Nowak wrote:
 First release candidate for 2.073.0.

 http://dlang.org/download.html#dmd_beta
 http://dlang.org/changelog/2.073.0.html
About the new -mscrt=libname flag. Could we have a more generic name of the flag that would fit for other platforms to specify the C library, i.e. Musl instead of GNU? Or is this something different? -- /Jacob Carlborg
Jan 18
parent reply Martin Nowak <code dawg.eu> writes:
On Thursday, 19 January 2017 at 07:43:29 UTC, Jacob Carlborg 
wrote:
 About the new -mscrt=libname flag. Could we have a more generic 
 name of the flag that would fit for other platforms to specify 
 the C library, i.e. Musl instead of GNU? Or is this something 
 different?
It seems sufficiently different to not worry about a Win only switch, it's used for selecting different flavours of MS libcrt (threaded, debug...). IMO we should try to depart with hard-coding linker flags into the compiler. We had some ideas to make the config file more flexible. https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7044#c16 https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7044#c30
Jan 19
parent Jacob Carlborg <doob me.com> writes:
On 2017-01-19 16:21, Martin Nowak wrote:

 It seems sufficiently different to not worry about a Win only switch,
 it's used for selecting different flavours of MS libcrt (threaded,
 debug...).
 IMO we should try to depart with hard-coding linker flags into the
 compiler.
Fair enough. -- /Jacob Carlborg
Jan 19
prev sibling next sibling parent xtreak <tir.karthi gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 18 January 2017 at 13:48:06 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
 First release candidate for 2.073.0.

 http://dlang.org/download.html#dmd_beta 
 http://dlang.org/changelog/2.073.0.html

 Comes with a couple of more fixes: 
 https://github.com/dlang/dmd/compare/v2.073.0-b2...v2.073.0-rc1 
 https://github.com/dlang/druntime/compare/v2.073.0-b2...v2.073.0-rc1
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/compare/v2.073.0-b2...v2.073.0-rc1
https://github.com/dlang/dub/compare/v1.2.0-beta.2...v1.2.0-rc.1

 Please report any bugs at https://issues.dlang.org

 -Martin
Thanks a lot for the RC. I think the text "to be released Jan 18, 2017" can be removed since its slightly confusing.
Jan 19
prev sibling parent reply Jacob Carlborg <doob me.com> writes:
On 2017-01-18 14:48, Martin Nowak wrote:
 First release candidate for 2.073.0.

 http://dlang.org/download.html#dmd_beta
 http://dlang.org/changelog/2.073.0.html
The changelog is missing an entry to the new default Ddoc theme. I'll see if I can add that. Do we want an image, HTML page or something to show? -- /Jacob Carlborg
Jan 19
parent Jacob Carlborg <doob me.com> writes:
On 2017-01-19 14:57, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

 The changelog is missing an entry to the new default Ddoc theme. I'll
 see if I can add that. Do we want an image, HTML page or something to show?
https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1558 -- /Jacob Carlborg
Jan 19