www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - New Entice Designer and DFL Video Tutorial

reply "Chris Miller" <chris dprogramming.com> writes:
A new Entice Designer and DFL beginner video tutorial is out:
    http://www.dprogramming.com/dfl/welcome.php

Thanks to an anonymous DFL user, who goes by the alias D(onkey) Kong or  
d-k, for creating this video tutorial.
Jan 06 2008
next sibling parent reply Bill Baxter <dnewsgroup billbaxter.com> writes:
Chris Miller wrote:
 A new Entice Designer and DFL beginner video tutorial is out:
    http://www.dprogramming.com/dfl/welcome.php
 
 Thanks to an anonymous DFL user, who goes by the alias D(onkey) Kong or 
 d-k, for creating this video tutorial.

Does the video have audio or not? I couldn't hear anything but I'm not sure there's supposed to be sound... --bb
Jan 07 2008
parent Bill Baxter <dnewsgroup billbaxter.com> writes:
Bill Baxter wrote:
 Chris Miller wrote:
 A new Entice Designer and DFL beginner video tutorial is out:
    http://www.dprogramming.com/dfl/welcome.php

 Thanks to an anonymous DFL user, who goes by the alias D(onkey) Kong 
 or d-k, for creating this video tutorial.

Does the video have audio or not? I couldn't hear anything but I'm not sure there's supposed to be sound...

Oh, I hear typing -- so audio but no voice. I guess Donkey Kong didn't want to subject us to his crazy German accent. --bb
Jan 07 2008
prev sibling parent reply "Vladimir Panteleev" <thecybershadow gmail.com> writes:
On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 09:01:30 +0200, Chris Miller <chris dprogramming.com> wrote:

 A new Entice Designer and DFL beginner video tutorial is out:
     http://www.dprogramming.com/dfl/welcome.php

 Thanks to an anonymous DFL user, who goes by the alias D(onkey) Kong or
 d-k, for creating this video tutorial.

I noticed that in the tutorial DK modifies the auto-generated initialization function, contrary to the "Do not manually modify this function" text at the very beginning. I found that this sometimes confuses Entice designer, so it shouldn't be recommended... -- Best regards, Vladimir mailto:thecybershadow gmail.com
Jan 07 2008
parent "Chris Miller" <chris dprogramming.com> writes:
You're right, thanks for clarifying.

I've noticed quite a few people adding to the function there, but it was  
designed to be separate, so you can even collapse and hide it. The correct  
place to add such code is in the constructor where it tells you :)


On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 05:56:09 -0500, Vladimir Panteleev  
<thecybershadow gmail.com> wrote:

 I noticed that in the tutorial DK modifies the auto-generated  
 initialization function, contrary to the "Do not manually modify this  
 function" text at the very beginning. I found that this sometimes  
 confuses Entice designer, so it shouldn't be recommended...

Jan 07 2008