www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - Mono-D v2.4.9 - Parser fixes

reply "Alexander Bothe" <info alexanderbothe.com> writes:
Hi everyone,

just wanted to announce a further small version bump of Mono-D. 
And yeah, despite my 2 week-break, development still continues!



Cheers,
Alex
Sep 23 2014
next sibling parent reply "Alexander Bothe" <info alexanderbothe.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 23 September 2014 at 14:02:47 UTC, Alexander Bothe 
wrote:
 Hi everyone,

 just wanted to announce a further small version bump of Mono-D. 
 And yeah, despite my 2 week-break, development still continues!



 Cheers,
 Alex
Durr, forgot to put in links: Release notes: http://wiki.dlang.org/Mono-D_Release_Notes Wiki: http://wiki.dlang.org/Mono-D Github: https://github.com/aBothe/D_Parser / https://github.com/aBothe/Mono-D
Sep 23 2014
next sibling parent reply Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 9/23/14, 7:06 AM, Alexander Bothe wrote:
 On Tuesday, 23 September 2014 at 14:02:47 UTC, Alexander Bothe wrote:
 Hi everyone,

 just wanted to announce a further small version bump of Mono-D. And
 yeah, despite my 2 week-break, development still continues!



 Cheers,
 Alex
Durr, forgot to put in links: Release notes: http://wiki.dlang.org/Mono-D_Release_Notes Wiki: http://wiki.dlang.org/Mono-D Github: https://github.com/aBothe/D_Parser / https://github.com/aBothe/Mono-D
Awesome! I'm using it on OSX, works nice. -- Andrei
Sep 23 2014
next sibling parent "Alexander Bothe" <info alexanderbothe.com> writes:
Already read it on Twitter - nice to hear this! :)

On Tuesday, 23 September 2014 at 16:53:23 UTC, Andrei 
Alexandrescu wrote:
 Awesome! I'm using it on OSX, works nice. -- Andrei
Sep 23 2014
prev sibling parent reply "Piotrek" <p nonexistent.pl> writes:
On Tuesday, 23 September 2014 at 16:53:23 UTC, Andrei 
Alexandrescu wrote:
 On 9/23/14, 7:06 AM, Alexander Bothe wrote:
 On Tuesday, 23 September 2014 at 14:02:47 UTC, Alexander Bothe 
 wrote:
 Hi everyone,

 just wanted to announce a further small version bump of 
 Mono-D. And
 yeah, despite my 2 week-break, development still continues!



 Cheers,
 Alex
Durr, forgot to put in links: Release notes: http://wiki.dlang.org/Mono-D_Release_Notes Wiki: http://wiki.dlang.org/Mono-D Github: https://github.com/aBothe/D_Parser / https://github.com/aBothe/Mono-D
Awesome! I'm using it on OSX, works nice. -- Andrei
Same on Linux and Windows. I think Mono-D is the last bridge before we can see a full-blown IDE written in D. I was shocked how smoothly Mono-D works compared to DDT. On linux it wasn't one click install though. I had to compile Monodevelop myself to get the plugin working. And to be fair I didn't check DDT for some time now. In short, Mono-D FTW! Alexander, thanks for your great contribution. Piotrek
Sep 25 2014
parent reply "Alexander Bothe" <info alexanderbothe.com> writes:
On Thursday, 25 September 2014 at 22:02:14 UTC, Piotrek wrote:
 I was shocked how smoothly Mono-D works compared to DDT.
Well maybe, but there's a lot of performance improvement required -- just open std.traits and see what lags there are due to its attempts to highlight usages of the currently selected symbol identifier :/
 On linux it wasn't one click install though. I had to compile 
 Monodevelop myself to get the plugin working. And to be fair I 
 didn't check DDT for some time now.
Instructions and a precompiled distro-independent bundle are given this time, though!
 In short, Mono-D FTW!

 Alexander, thanks for your great contribution.

 Piotrek
Thanks - and don't forget to file issue reports on github instead of raging silently, please! :-D
Sep 26 2014
parent "Piotrek" <p nonexistent.pl> writes:
On Friday, 26 September 2014 at 07:12:23 UTC, Alexander Bothe 
wrote:
 On Thursday, 25 September 2014 at 22:02:14 UTC, Piotrek wrote:
 I was shocked how smoothly Mono-D works compared to DDT.
Well maybe, but there's a lot of performance improvement required -- just open std.traits and see what lags there are due to its attempts to highlight usages of the currently selected symbol identifier :/
 On linux it wasn't one click install though. I had to compile 
 Monodevelop myself to get the plugin working. And to be fair I 
 didn't check DDT for some time now.
Instructions and a precompiled distro-independent bundle are given this time, though!
 In short, Mono-D FTW!

 Alexander, thanks for your great contribution.

 Piotrek
Thanks - and don't forget to file issue reports on github instead of raging silently, please! :-D
No problem. Additionally, I will try to invest some more time in testing Mono-D. However, I don't speak C# (only reading ability), so don't count on me in terms of coding support ;) Piotrek
Sep 27 2014
prev sibling parent reply "Dylan Knutson" <tcdknutson gmail.com> writes:
In the release notes:
 Sep 23th 2014
Ah yes, who can forget September twentythirth? ;-) Thanks for your work on Mono-D, it has made Xamarin studio a viable IDE for me.
Sep 24 2014
parent "Alexander Bothe" <info alexanderbothe.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 24 September 2014 at 17:43:55 UTC, Dylan Knutson 
wrote:
 In the release notes:
 Sep 23th 2014
Ah yes, who can forget September twentythirth? ;-) Thanks for your work on Mono-D, it has made Xamarin studio a viable IDE for me.
Copypasta ftw! :)
Sep 25 2014
prev sibling parent reply "Mike James" <foo bar.com> writes:
"Alexander Bothe" <info alexanderbothe.com> wrote in message 
news:clmyaoqgxizsicodjapd forum.dlang.org...
 Hi everyone,

 just wanted to announce a further small version bump of Mono-D. And yeah, 
 despite my 2 week-break, development still continues!



 Cheers,
 Alex
Great. Any news of an integrated debugger... :-) -=mike=-
Sep 25 2014
parent "Alexander Bothe" <info alexanderbothe.com> writes:
On Thursday, 25 September 2014 at 10:07:55 UTC, Mike James wrote:
 "Alexander Bothe" <info alexanderbothe.com> wrote in message 
 news:clmyaoqgxizsicodjapd forum.dlang.org...
 Hi everyone,

 just wanted to announce a further small version bump of 
 Mono-D. And yeah, despite my 2 week-break, development still 
 continues!



 Cheers,
 Alex
Great. Any news of an integrated debugger... :-) -=mike=-
Gonna look at the ugly mess tomorrow..although I can't make any promises :/
Sep 25 2014