www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - LDC 1.6.0-beta1

reply kinke <noone nowhere.com> writes:
Hi everyone,

on behalf of the LDC team, I'm glad to announce the first beta 
for LDC 1.6. The highlights of this version in a nutshell:

* Based on D 2.076.1.
* Experimental support for dynamic codegen at runtime ('manual 
JIT').
* Many std.math functions are now CTFE-able.

Full release log and downloads: 
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.6.0-beta1

Thanks to all contributors!
Nov 12
next sibling parent =?UTF-8?B?Tm9yZGzDtnc=?= <per.nordlow gmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 12 November 2017 at 15:57:19 UTC, kinke wrote:
 Hi everyone,

 on behalf of the LDC team, I'm glad to announce the first beta 
 for LDC 1.6. The highlights of this version in a nutshell:

 * Based on D 2.076.1.
 * Experimental support for dynamic codegen at runtime ('manual 
 JIT').
 * Many std.math functions are now CTFE-able.

 Full release log and downloads: 
 https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.6.0-beta1

 Thanks to all contributors!
Wow, that's fast! I'm looking forward to discussions concerning the new feature: dynamic codegen at runtime Are there any plans on also using LLVMs jit for run-time generative (meta) programming?
Nov 12
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Brian <zoujiaqing gmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 12 November 2017 at 15:57:19 UTC, kinke wrote:
 Hi everyone,

 on behalf of the LDC team, I'm glad to announce the first beta 
 for LDC 1.6. The highlights of this version in a nutshell:

 * Based on D 2.076.1.
 * Experimental support for dynamic codegen at runtime ('manual 
 JIT').
 * Many std.math functions are now CTFE-able.

 Full release log and downloads: 
 https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.6.0-beta1

 Thanks to all contributors!
Fast update, thank you! There is no version for FreeBSD?
Nov 12
next sibling parent Joakim <dlang joakim.fea.st> writes:
On Monday, 13 November 2017 at 02:35:11 UTC, Brian wrote:
 On Sunday, 12 November 2017 at 15:57:19 UTC, kinke wrote:
 Hi everyone,

 on behalf of the LDC team, I'm glad to announce the first beta 
 for LDC 1.6. The highlights of this version in a nutshell:

 * Based on D 2.076.1.
 * Experimental support for dynamic codegen at runtime ('manual 
 JIT').
 * Many std.math functions are now CTFE-able.

 Full release log and downloads: 
 https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.6.0-beta1

 Thanks to all contributors!
Fast update, thank you! There is no version for FreeBSD?
See my prior response: http://forum.dlang.org/post/ewhlrbimojselcefbeya forum.dlang.org
Nov 13
prev sibling parent reply codephantom <me noyb.com> writes:
On Monday, 13 November 2017 at 02:35:11 UTC, Brian wrote:
 Fast update, thank you!

 There is no version for FreeBSD?
Yeah. Apparently if your on FreeBSD, you're meant to go build it yourself :-( Not sure why. Win32 gets a binary release though ;-)
Nov 13
parent reply Joakim <dlang joakim.fea.st> writes:
On Monday, 13 November 2017 at 13:28:57 UTC, codephantom wrote:
 On Monday, 13 November 2017 at 02:35:11 UTC, Brian wrote:
 Fast update, thank you!

 There is no version for FreeBSD?
Yeah. Apparently if your on FreeBSD, you're meant to go build it yourself :-( Not sure why. Win32 gets a binary release though ;-)
I explained why, the last time we put out a stable release for FreeBSD, ldc 1.2, it only got 4 downloads: http://www.somsubhra.com/github-release-stats/?username=ldc-developers&repository=ldc By comparison, the Win32 build got 282 downloads. Presumably that's why whoever was compiling those FreeBSD builds stopped bothering.
Nov 13
parent codephantom <me noyb.com> writes:
On Monday, 13 November 2017 at 13:37:20 UTC, Joakim wrote:
 I explained why, the last time we put out a stable release for 
 FreeBSD, ldc 1.2, it only got 4 downloads:

 http://www.somsubhra.com/github-release-stats/?username=ldc-developers&repository=ldc

 By comparison, the Win32 build got 282 downloads.  Presumably 
 that's why whoever was compiling those FreeBSD builds stopped 
 bothering.
Fair enough. 4 is better than 0 though. And, you never know, that could have been 4 large enterprises ;-) (plenty of large enterprise use FreeBSD). Now it's getting no downloads at all.
Nov 13
prev sibling parent reply Basile B. <b2.temp gmx.com> writes:
On Sunday, 12 November 2017 at 15:57:19 UTC, kinke wrote:
 Hi everyone,

 on behalf of the LDC team, I'm glad to announce the first beta 
 for LDC 1.6. The highlights of this version in a nutshell:

 * Based on D 2.076.1.
 * Experimental support for dynamic codegen at runtime ('manual 
 JIT').
 * Many std.math functions are now CTFE-able.

 Full release log and downloads: 
 https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.6.0-beta1

 Thanks to all contributors!
Hello, it seems that you've forgot to announce the final release.
Dec 02
parent reply kinke <noone nowhere.com> writes:
On Saturday, 2 December 2017 at 12:13:55 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
 Hello, it seems that you've forgot to announce the final 
 release.
Nope, unfortunately still waiting for one of my compadres to create and upload the OSX package.
Dec 02
parent reply Jacob Carlborg <doob me.com> writes:
On 2017-12-02 13:41, kinke wrote:

 Nope, unfortunately still waiting for one of my compadres to create and 
 upload the OSX package.
Have you thought of automatically build and upload packages using Travis CI? -- /Jacob Carlborg
Dec 02
parent reply David Nadlinger <code klickverbot.at> writes:
On Saturday, 2 December 2017 at 15:47:23 UTC, Jacob Carlborg 
wrote:
 On 2017-12-02 13:41, kinke wrote:

 Nope, unfortunately still waiting for one of my compadres to 
 create and upload the OSX package.
Have you thought of automatically build and upload packages using Travis CI?
That would be a good idea. Also, I uploaded the OS X package just now. (Didn't realise it wasn't built yet…). —David
Dec 02
next sibling parent Jacob Carlborg <doob me.com> writes:
On 2017-12-03 00:08, David Nadlinger wrote:

 That would be a good idea. Also, I uploaded the OS X package just now. 
 (Didn't realise it wasn't built yet…). —David
Here's the Travis CI script for one of my projects [1] that uploads to a GitHub release, both for Linux and macOS. [1] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/remarkify/blob/master/.travis.yml -- /Jacob Carlborg
Dec 03
prev sibling parent reply kinke <noone nowhere.com> writes:
On Saturday, 2 December 2017 at 23:08:50 UTC, David Nadlinger 
wrote:
 On Saturday, 2 December 2017 at 15:47:23 UTC, Jacob Carlborg 
 wrote:
 On 2017-12-02 13:41, kinke wrote:

 Nope, unfortunately still waiting for one of my compadres to 
 create and upload the OSX package.
Have you thought of automatically build and upload packages using Travis CI?
Working on that. It's not that simple though; we use a custom LLVM, which Travis doesn't manage to build alone in a dedicated job (only ~66% before timing out). Luckily, there's AppVeyor and CircleCI which manage. So I need to finish automating the LLVM release before automating the LDC release.
 That would be a good idea. Also, I uploaded the OS X package 
 just now. (Didn't realise it wasn't built yet…). —David
Thx.
Dec 03
parent Jacob Carlborg <doob me.com> writes:
On 2017-12-03 12:52, kinke wrote:

 Working on that. It's not that simple though; we use a custom LLVM, 
 which Travis doesn't manage to build alone in a dedicated job (only ~66% 
 before timing out).
Hmm, I would need to do that as well for DStep :(. That's disappointing. Would caching help [1]? I've also though about using Docker, which could contain a pre-built, perhaps that's more complicated.
 Luckily, there's AppVeyor and CircleCI which manage. 
 So I need to finish automating the LLVM release before automating the 
 LDC release.
I see. [1] https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/caching/ -- /Jacob Carlborg
Dec 03