www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - Hyridia Project

reply Laurent Dubuisson <skaith_a yahoo.com> writes:
Hello,

At this beginning of year 2007, the Hyridia project is ready to take its 
take-off on a finally stabilized basis.

I thus allow myself to solicit you after being looking the D languages 
for a while now but never really started to use it.

Objectives:
* The prime objective of the project is the installation of a solution 
of business quality for the management of Enterprise-Wide Meta-Dated.
	http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=127974
* Second is to create a financially autonomous community of participants.
	Several tracks are currently studied.

Profiles:
Hyridia is driven by a spirit of Dynamic Association of People in order 
to promote the effective interaction of individuals in order to allow 
everyone expression of his expertise, thereby enabling him to achieve 
his goals.

To advance several profiles are required because nearly all is new:

* Program Level
	Program Coordinator
	Information Coordinator
	Interface Coordinator
	Software Coordinator
	Quality Coordinator

* Project Level
	Project Coordinator
	Information Architect
	Interface Architect
	Software Architect
	Quality Architect

* Main Team Level
	Senior Analyst
	Analyst
	Senior Developer
	Developer
	Translator
	Advisors

In addition to the technical activities it would be awaited that each 
one takes part in the installation of the ideas allowing the realization 
of the second objective.

Technologies :
D, SOA, XML (XMI, XPDL,...)

Skills:
Yours.

Contact :
info hyridia.org

End:
Better wishes with all for this new year!

Laurent.
Jan 09 2007
next sibling parent reply Gregor Richards <Richards codu.org> writes:
OK, now I got a bit lost reading this, but judging by its contents, I'd 
say that Hyridia is a buzz-word-only message generator. Am I right?

  - Gregor Richards
Jan 09 2007
parent reply Bill Baxter <dnewsgroup billbaxter.com> writes:
Gregor Richards wrote:
 OK, now I got a bit lost reading this, but judging by its contents, I'd 
 say that Hyridia is a buzz-word-only message generator. Am I right?
 
  - Gregor Richards

Yeh, I was going to ask if it could leverage a synergistic strategy while shifting processes to new paradigms in a backward-compatible goal-oriented manner to empower and facilitate exponential growth. --bb
Jan 09 2007
next sibling parent reply "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Bill Baxter" <dnewsgroup billbaxter.com> wrote in message 
news:eo1d5n$s45$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Yeh, I was going to ask if it could leverage a synergistic strategy while 
 shifting processes to new paradigms in a backward-compatible goal-oriented 
 manner to empower and facilitate exponential growth.

Wow! I can't wait for this project. ;)
Jan 09 2007
parent reply Laurent Dubuisson <skaith_a yahoo.com> writes:
Thanks Jarrett !
And all too :-)

That's exactly why I started it ;-)

Nearly in guys...I'm just not sure it will be exponential :-)

I hope it will not be a buzz-word-only message generator but really a 
tool to manage the meta-data and to valorise them. But message 
generation is also the base of WebServices no ?

At this time I admit that the framework is very large. That also why I 
decided to post on, to have your advise on.

Even at this time the base test of development show the difference 
between theory and practice.

On my part I'm more skilled in the Business Intelligence use and less in 
the Software Development part. There is a need for this kind of 
meta-data solution from the user point of view but I like, may be too 
much, the MAD approach :-)

And what would be your advice to be less buzz-word-only ?

Cheers,
Laurent.
Jan 10 2007
parent reply Alexander Panek <a.panek brainsware.org> writes:
Laurent Dubuisson wrote:
 Thanks Jarrett !
 And all too :-)
 
 That's exactly why I started it ;-)
 
 Nearly in guys...I'm just not sure it will be exponential :-)
 
 I hope it will not be a buzz-word-only message generator but really a 
 tool to manage the meta-data and to valorise them. But message 
 generation is also the base of WebServices no ?
 
 At this time I admit that the framework is very large. That also why I 
 decided to post on, to have your advise on.
 
 Even at this time the base test of development show the difference 
 between theory and practice.
 
 On my part I'm more skilled in the Business Intelligence use and less in 
 the Software Development part. There is a need for this kind of 
 meta-data solution from the user point of view but I like, may be too 
 much, the MAD approach :-)
 
 And what would be your advice to be less buzz-word-only ?
 
 Cheers,
 Laurent.

To be honest, I didn't quite get what /exactly/ Hyridia should be. Is it an Enterprise framework like available for Java, a platform for developers, just a PR-gag..? Sorry, I really didn't get it, yet. :( Thanks in advance, and best regards, Alex
Jan 10 2007
parent reply Laurent Dubuisson <skaith_a yahoo.com> writes:
 To be honest, I didn't quite get what /exactly/ Hyridia should be. Is it 
 an Enterprise framework like available for Java, a platform for 
 developers, just a PR-gag..? Sorry, I really didn't get it, yet. :(
 
 Thanks in advance, and best regards,
 Alex

Hi, Hyridia is planned to be a Meta-Data management solution/software divided into 4 components. ( 2 components as base/framework and 2 components as end user solution). A tool where it would be possible to manage the meta-data information of a complete enterprise. A buzz word for it is : Enterprise Architecture Tool. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_architecture (Also a link to meta-data) The expected difference is that the meta-data managed by the solution should be usable to generate real process execution code or to drive analysis on. Not (only) to document in a central point the enterprise models. Clearer ? Best Regards, Laurent.
Jan 10 2007
parent Alexander Panek <a.panek brainsware.org> writes:
Laurent Dubuisson wrote:
 To be honest, I didn't quite get what /exactly/ Hyridia should be. Is 
 it an Enterprise framework like available for Java, a platform for 
 developers, just a PR-gag..? Sorry, I really didn't get it, yet. :(

 Thanks in advance, and best regards,
 Alex

Hi, Hyridia is planned to be a Meta-Data management solution/software divided into 4 components. ( 2 components as base/framework and 2 components as end user solution). A tool where it would be possible to manage the meta-data information of a complete enterprise. A buzz word for it is : Enterprise Architecture Tool. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_architecture (Also a link to meta-data) The expected difference is that the meta-data managed by the solution should be usable to generate real process execution code or to drive analysis on. Not (only) to document in a central point the enterprise models. Clearer ?

Definitely, thanks!
 
 
 Best Regards,
 Laurent.

Alex
Jan 10 2007
prev sibling parent reply kris <fu bar.org> writes:
Bill Baxter wrote:
 Gregor Richards wrote:
 
 OK, now I got a bit lost reading this, but judging by its contents, 
 I'd say that Hyridia is a buzz-word-only message generator. Am I right?

  - Gregor Richards

Yeh, I was going to ask if it could leverage a synergistic strategy while shifting processes to new paradigms in a backward-compatible goal-oriented manner to empower and facilitate exponential growth. --bb

LOL -- that's the funniest thing I've seen since the "Speak Server" went offline. Nice one !
Jan 11 2007
next sibling parent Roberto Mariottini <rmariottini mail.com> writes:
kris wrote:
 Bill Baxter wrote:
 Gregor Richards wrote:

 OK, now I got a bit lost reading this, but judging by its contents, 
 I'd say that Hyridia is a buzz-word-only message generator. Am I right?

  - Gregor Richards

Yeh, I was going to ask if it could leverage a synergistic strategy while shifting processes to new paradigms in a backward-compatible goal-oriented manner to empower and facilitate exponential growth. --bb

LOL -- that's the funniest thing I've seen since the "Speak Server" went offline. Nice one !

It's a pity that the italian Hyridia page at: http://www.phibbi.com/index.php?companyname=Hyridia is not easily translatable. :-) Ciao
Jan 11 2007
prev sibling parent reply Leandro Lucarella <llucarella integratech.com.ar> writes:
kris escribió:
 Bill Baxter wrote:
 Gregor Richards wrote:

 OK, now I got a bit lost reading this, but judging by its contents, 
 I'd say that Hyridia is a buzz-word-only message generator. Am I right?

  - Gregor Richards

Yeh, I was going to ask if it could leverage a synergistic strategy while shifting processes to new paradigms in a backward-compatible goal-oriented manner to empower and facilitate exponential growth. --bb

LOL -- that's the funniest thing I've seen since the "Speak Server" went offline. Nice one !

You should see my paper if you liked that: http://www.mazziblog.com.ar/blogarchivosposts/paper.html PS: Generated via SCIgen[1], in case you didn't know it... =) [1] http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/ -- Leandro Lucarella Integratech S.A. 4571-5252
Jan 12 2007
next sibling parent Georg Wrede <georg nospam.org> writes:
Leandro Lucarella wrote:
 kris escribió:
 
 Bill Baxter wrote:
 LOL -- that's the funniest thing I've seen since the "Speak Server" 
 went offline. Nice one !

You should see my paper if you liked that: http://www.mazziblog.com.ar/blogarchivosposts/paper.html

Interesting. I've seen a lot of similar (but serious!) efforts in my academic years. Sometimes I wanted to cry when it was a fellow student, or later any of my students. In your paper I found this particularly amusing: "Note that fiber-optic cables have smoother median hit ratio curves than do refactored web browsers." And I'd like to read " Bose, S.: Architecting courseware using Bayesian epistemologies." The authors of this one, "[11] Hawking, S., Tarjan, R., Lucarella, L., Estrin, D., and Gupta, a. Beleave: Self-learning, lossless theory. In Proceedings of the Conference on Real-Time Models (Aug. 1999)." must have had a particularly good time together writing this. ;-)
Jan 13 2007
prev sibling parent "Andrey Khropov" <andkhropov_nosp m_mtu-net.ru> writes:
Leandro Lucarella wrote:

 You should see my paper if you liked that:
 http://www.mazziblog.com.ar/blogarchivosposts/paper.html
 
 PS: Generated via SCIgen[1], in case you didn't know it... =)
 
 [1] http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/

Yes, and there's one for mission statements too: http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/games/career/bin/ms.cgi How about 'It is our job to synergistically restore timely content so that we may authoritatively foster high-payoff technology while maintaining the highest standards' :-) --
Jan 13 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Julio_C=E9sar_Carrascal_Urquijo?= writes:
Laurent Dubuisson wrote:
 Hello,
 
 At this beginning of year 2007, the Hyridia project is ready to take its 
 take-off on a finally stabilized basis.
 
 I thus allow myself to solicit you after being looking the D languages 
 for a while now but never really started to use it.
 
 Objectives:
 * The prime objective of the project is the installation of a solution 
 of business quality for the management of Enterprise-Wide Meta-Dated.
     http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=127974
 * Second is to create a financially autonomous community of participants.
     Several tracks are currently studied.
 
 Profiles:
 Hyridia is driven by a spirit of Dynamic Association of People in order 
 to promote the effective interaction of individuals in order to allow 
 everyone expression of his expertise, thereby enabling him to achieve 
 his goals.
 
 To advance several profiles are required because nearly all is new:
 
 * Program Level
     Program Coordinator
     Information Coordinator
     Interface Coordinator
     Software Coordinator
     Quality Coordinator
 
 * Project Level
     Project Coordinator
     Information Architect
     Interface Architect
     Software Architect
     Quality Architect
 
 * Main Team Level
     Senior Analyst
     Analyst
     Senior Developer
     Developer
     Translator
     Advisors
 
 In addition to the technical activities it would be awaited that each 
 one takes part in the installation of the ideas allowing the realization 
 of the second objective.
 
 Technologies :
 D, SOA, XML (XMI, XPDL,...)
 
 Skills:
 Yours.
 
 Contact :
 info hyridia.org
 
 End:
 Better wishes with all for this new year!
 
 Laurent.

After reading the 3 PDFs available on the sourceforge project I got the feeling that is another "Nonesuch Beast" (http://steve.yegge.googlepages.com/nonesuch-beast). Would you care to elaborate on the functionality of the project? Thanks
Jan 12 2007
parent Laurent Dubuisson <skaith_a yahoo.com> writes:
Julio César Carrascal Urquijo wrote:
 After reading the 3 PDFs available on the sourceforge project I got the 
 feeling that is another "Nonesuch Beast" 
 (http://steve.yegge.googlepages.com/nonesuch-beast).
 
 Would you care to elaborate on the functionality of the project?
 
 Thanks

Hello, Even if the post seems not to be : I'm in line with you. But it will not be a beast like project attempting to focus on all. I already done it once in my prior job for a client that want it, that's why it will not be here. I think all the major part of a software need to be present at the beginning...having the whole picture in mind that's why it is so large now. But the next step is exactly the one you come with. Here I will start the Use Case diagrams (2 levels and no more) for the solution. I order to be in line with the 7 (Simple use). For the final features I will use existing study to detail what's is needed http://www.metadataresearch.com/ At this time the functionalities list is then starting. If you have time to advice on the core features that any "data manage / tranfer" soft need to have I welcome your input :-) In order to avoid a beast :-) Regards, Laurent.
Jan 15 2007
prev sibling parent reply Georg Wrede <georg nospam.org> writes:
Laurent Dubuisson wrote:
 Hello,
 
 At this beginning of year 2007, the Hyridia project is ready to take its 
 take-off on a finally stabilized basis.
 
 I thus allow myself to solicit you after being looking the D languages 
 for a while now but never really started to use it.

Thank you for your interest in D for this project! The people here may, however, not be representative of the qualities I see as essential for what you are looking for. We are interested in programming, programming languages, the D programming language in particular, and are strong advocates of it, of course. I believe your target audience would be interested in business processes, the modeling of such, the abstract conceptualization of internal relationships between parts of the enterprise model, database theory, and business process reengineering as applied within the enterprise computing system as a whole. Hmm, mighty buzzwords again. In practice this means that neither enough people, nor enough interest in them can be found here, IMHO. And at any rate, actual computer programming (such as using D) is only a small part of the job. People here want to do most or all of their participation in any project by programming (in D). Where to go then? Maybe a business university, or a technical university with a business computing department would be a better choice for you? Students there might feel more at home with the issues Hydridia is about. Incidentally, D may be less known there, but I must say it definitely is a better choice than C or C++ /especially/ for people whose main interest is not computer programming itself.
Jan 13 2007
parent Laurent Dubuisson <skaith_a yahoo.com> writes:
Georg Wrede wrote:
 Thank you for your interest in D for this project!
 
 The people here may, however, not be representative of the qualities I 
 see as essential for what you are looking for. We are interested in 
 programming, programming languages, the D programming language in 
 particular, and are strong advocates of it, of course.
 
 I believe your target audience would be interested in business 
 processes, the modeling of such, the abstract conceptualization of 
 internal relationships between parts of the enterprise model, database 
 theory, and business process reengineering as applied within the 
 enterprise computing system as a whole.

Hi Georg, Sure. I post here because I convinced that business people needs can only be balanced by IT reality. And that I'm looking for people that know the programming language better than I. Sure it could be looked like a buzz word on the IT side but on the business side it is relevant.
 Hmm, mighty buzzwords again. In practice this means that neither enough 
 people, nor enough interest in them can be found here, IMHO. And at any 
 rate, actual computer programming (such as using D) is only a small part 
 of the job. People here want to do most or all of their participation in 
 any project by programming (in D).

That's why I was expecting from this post, but I think I present badly the point. The programming part is not so little. This need will be many clearer : ******************************** Hyridia is looking for D skilled (or willing to learn) people in order to build a enterprise class solution. The solution will be based on XML treatment and data consolidation. The storage may be an Object Oriented Database (need to be validated). The UI will be on a XML and OpenGL (Element ?) interface (need to be validated). ********************************
 
 Where to go then? Maybe a business university, or a technical university 
 with a business computing department would be a better choice for you? 
 Students there might feel more at home with the issues Hydridia is about.

uni are more involved on the reasearch side rather than on the business side : find out to solve and prototype...not building a business real use solution. I think both are a complement. Many ideas found in the uni side but needed to be set-up in the development side. And to finish, thanks for the D languages. Regards, Laurent.
Jan 15 2007