www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - D Conference -- July Update

reply Brad Roberts <braddr puremagic.com> writes:
(followup-to set to digitalmars.D)

Good news!  I've got a schedule for us.  It's posted on the conference 
website on the speakers page:

	http://d.puremagic.com/conference2007/

I've included the current version of the schedule at the end of this 
email (still subject to slight alterations, though it's fairly solid).

NOTICE:  I've extended the conference to a third day that's totally 
unstructured.  Basically, I've made arrangements for us to be able to 
use the conference rooms on Saturday for whatever we want.  I have a 
feeling there will be people who want to continue talking.  Some had 
asked about time for a code-fest, this is your opportunity.

REMINDER:  We're down to 5 weeks until the conference.  Don't forget to 
book your airline tickets and make hotel reservations soon.

Several of you have asked me who all is going to attend.  For privacy 
reasons, I'm not willing to release a list of names or email addresses, 
but I will say that so far there's been 75 registrations (after weeding 
out a few bogus junk entries).  That includes the speakers but does NOT 
include any amazon employees who might attend.  So, there's going to be 
quite a bunch of us.  If you haven't registered yet, please go to the 
conference website and do so.  I really have to have an accurate list of 
people who are going to attend to have badges made up ahead of time.

See ya there,
Brad

----

Thursday, August 23, 2007
  9:30am-10:00am			Arrive, meet, greet, etc
10:00am-11:30am	Walter & Andrei The Future of D
11:30am- 1:00pm			Lunch
  1:00pm- 2:00pm	Sean		Revealing the Man Behind the Curtain:
				Runtime Library Design for a Modern
`				Language
  2:00pm- 2:15pm			Break
  2:15pm- 3:15pm	Kris Bell	"Array slicing fo shizzle!"
  3:15pm- 3:30pm			Break
  3:30pm- 5:00pm	Brad & Gregor	DSSS and DSource
  5:00pm- ?			Random Q&A with all speakers
  ?     - ?			Beer/Dinner somewhere

Friday, August 24, 2007
  9:30am-10:00am			Arrive, meet, greet, etc
10:00am-11:00am	Kirk		PyD: Connecting D and Python
11:00am-11:15am			Break
11:15am-12:00pm	Don		Generating Truly Optimal Code with a
				Metaprogramming Library
12:00pm- 1:00pm			Lunch
  1:00pm- 2:00pm	Cristian	Anatomy of a Debugger
  2:00pm- 2:15pm			Break
  2:15pm- 3:00pm	Benjamin	Compile Time Abstraction Techniques for
				the D Programming Language
  3:00pm- 3:15pm			Break
  3:15pm- 4:15pm	Bartosz		Software Transactional Memory in D
  4:15pm- 4:30pm			Break
  4:30pm- 5:30pm	Walter & Andrei	The Future of D - Part 2
  5:30pm- ?			Random Q&A with all speakers
  ?     - ?			Beer/Dinner somewhere

Saturday, August 25, 2007
10:00am-?			Free form time for anyone to wants space
				to meet and talk in conference rooms
				with white boards, etc.
Jul 20 2007
next sibling parent reply Dejan Lekic <dejan.lekic gmail.com> writes:
Unfortunately the whole trip would cost me a fortune, so I'll miss the first D
Conference. :( 
However, I would appreciate VERY MUCH if You guys put videos from the
conference on Google or YouTube.

Kind regards
Jul 21 2007
parent janderson <askme me.com> writes:
Dejan Lekic wrote:
 Unfortunately the whole trip would cost me a fortune, so I'll miss the first D
Conference. :( 
 However, I would appreciate VERY MUCH if You guys put videos from the
conference on Google or YouTube.
 
 Kind regards
 

YouTube or google would be a great idea, particularly if they where split up by each talk. I don't mind if the videos come a few months later though (its only fair to those who paid to attend) however I think they would be a great promotional tool for D. Also maybe the second D conference could be announced on Slashdot/Dig as well. -Joel
Jul 21 2007
prev sibling parent reply Will DeVore <william.quartz gmail.com> writes:
Brad Roberts Wrote:

 Several of you have asked me who all is going to attend.  For privacy 
 reasons, I'm not willing to release a list of names or email addresses, 
 but I will say that so far there's been 75 registrations (after weeding 
 out a few bogus junk entries).  That includes the speakers but does NOT 
 include any amazon employees who might attend.  So, there's going to be 
 quite a bunch of us.  If you haven't registered yet, please go to the 
 conference website and do so.  I really have to have an accurate list of 
 people who are going to attend to have badges made up ahead of time.
 

I registered a while back and haven't received any notification yet. I would hate to show up and not be able to attend without a badge. :) -Will.
Jul 21 2007
next sibling parent Brad Roberts <braddr puremagic.com> writes:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007, Will DeVore wrote:

 Brad Roberts Wrote:
 
 Several of you have asked me who all is going to attend.  For privacy 
 reasons, I'm not willing to release a list of names or email addresses, 
 but I will say that so far there's been 75 registrations (after weeding 
 out a few bogus junk entries).  That includes the speakers but does NOT 
 include any amazon employees who might attend.  So, there's going to be 
 quite a bunch of us.  If you haven't registered yet, please go to the 
 conference website and do so.  I really have to have an accurate list of 
 people who are going to attend to have badges made up ahead of time.
 

I registered a while back and haven't received any notification yet. I would hate to show up and not be able to attend without a badge. :) -Will.

The notification was the 'think you for registering' page. There won't be anything physically mailed. I've been sending status updates to the digitalmars.D.announce newsgroup about once a month. I guess it makes sense to send those status updates directly to all registrants as well, just in case there are some that don't follow the newsgroups. I'll do that for the next update. Later, Brad
Jul 21 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Walter Bright <newshound1 digitalmars.com> writes:
Will DeVore wrote:
 I would hate to show up and not be able to attend without a badge. :)

Badges? We ain't got no badges! We doan need no badges! I doan haf to show you any steeenkin badges!
Jul 21 2007
parent reply Pragma <ericanderton yahoo.removeme.com> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 Will DeVore wrote:
 I would hate to show up and not be able to attend without a badge. :)

Badges? We ain't got no badges! We doan need no badges! I doan haf to show you any steeenkin badges!

::applause:: I was waiting for someone to say that. (And it's the full quote from the movie, no less) -- - EricAnderton at yahoo
Jul 24 2007
parent Regan Heath <regan netmail.co.nz> writes:
Pragma wrote:
 Walter Bright wrote:
 Will DeVore wrote:
 I would hate to show up and not be able to attend without a badge. :)

Badges? We ain't got no badges! We doan need no badges! I doan haf to show you any steeenkin badges!

::applause:: I was waiting for someone to say that. (And it's the full quote from the movie, no less)

The original movie quote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinking_badges But not the original book quote which is a little more verbose. regan
Jul 24 2007
prev sibling parent Brad Roberts <braddr puremagic.com> writes:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007, Walter Bright wrote:

 Will DeVore wrote:
 I would hate to show up and not be able to attend without a badge. :)

Badges? We ain't got no badges! We doan need no badges! I doan haf to show you any steeenkin badges!

Um, actually, there will be badges, but you'll get them at the door. :) But nice reproduction of the accent. Later, Brad
Jul 21 2007