www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - DLanguage IntelliJ plugin released

reply Kingsley <kingsley.hendrickse gmail.com> writes:
Hi

I have released an initial attempt at an IntelliJ plugin for D to 
the jetbrains plugin repository.

It's DLanguage version 1.2

It has basic syntax highlighting, autocompletion with DCD, 
compile checking and linting with Dscanner, code formatting with 
Dfmt and navigation jump to classes and functions and dub support 
- recommend using dub

See the GitHub page screenshots for an idea

Enjoy :)

--Kingsley
Dec 25 2015
next sibling parent reply Vadim Lopatin <coolreader.org gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 10:41:26 UTC, Kingsley wrote:
 Hi

 I have released an initial attempt at an IntelliJ plugin for D 
 to the jetbrains plugin repository.

 It's DLanguage version 1.2

 It has basic syntax highlighting, autocompletion with DCD, 
 compile checking and linting with Dscanner, code formatting 
 with Dfmt and navigation jump to classes and functions and dub 
 support - recommend using dub

 See the GitHub page screenshots for an idea

 Enjoy :)

 --Kingsley
Great! Does it have debugging support?
Dec 25 2015
parent reply Kingsley <kingsley.hendrickse gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 11:09:01 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 10:41:26 UTC, Kingsley wrote:
 Hi

 I have released an initial attempt at an IntelliJ plugin for D 
 to the jetbrains plugin repository.

 It's DLanguage version 1.2

 It has basic syntax highlighting, autocompletion with DCD, 
 compile checking and linting with Dscanner, code formatting 
 with Dfmt and navigation jump to classes and functions and dub 
 support - recommend using dub

 See the GitHub page screenshots for an idea

 Enjoy :)

 --Kingsley
Great! Does it have debugging support?
Debugging will be in July 2016
Dec 25 2015
parent Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
On Fri, 2015-12-25 at 20:17 +0000, Kingsley via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
 [=E2=80=A6]
=20
 Debugging will be in July 2016
Or sooner if others chip in and help out? --=20 Russel. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder ekiga.n= et 41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel winder.org.uk London SW11 1EN, UK w: www.russel.org.uk skype: russel_winder
Dec 26 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent Jakob Jenkov <jakob jenkov.com> writes:
On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 10:41:26 UTC, Kingsley wrote:
 Hi

 I have released an initial attempt at an IntelliJ plugin for D 
 to the jetbrains plugin repository.

 It's DLanguage version 1.2

 It has basic syntax highlighting, autocompletion with DCD, 
 compile checking and linting with Dscanner, code formatting 
 with Dfmt and navigation jump to classes and functions and dub 
 support - recommend using dub

 See the GitHub page screenshots for an idea

 Enjoy :)

 --Kingsley
Cool - I am a long time IntelliJ IDEA user :-) I will give it a try!
Dec 25 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Pradeep Gowda <pradeep btbytes.com> writes:
On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 10:41:26 UTC, Kingsley wrote:
 Hi

 I have released an initial attempt at an IntelliJ plugin for D 
 to the jetbrains plugin repository.

 It's DLanguage version 1.2

 It has basic syntax highlighting, autocompletion with DCD, 
 compile checking and linting with Dscanner, code formatting 
 with Dfmt and navigation jump to classes and functions and dub 
 support - recommend using dub
Thanks! I did install it on IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate 15 and take it for a spin. However, it did not create a "dub" project even when I chose "D application with DUB" option in the "New project" screen. Nor was it able to import an existing DUB project.
 See the GitHub page screenshots for an idea
A link to the github page would help me in reporting these bugs?
Dec 25 2015
next sibling parent reply eyveer <eyveer gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 13:57:52 UTC, Pradeep Gowda wrote:

 A link to the github page would help me in reporting these bugs?
https://github.com/kingsleyh/DLanguage I was waiting year for this. Best christmas gift, Thank you! downloading right now :)
Dec 25 2015
parent reply Pradeep Gowda <pradeep btbytes.com> writes:
On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 15:04:42 UTC, eyveer wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 13:57:52 UTC, Pradeep Gowda 
 wrote:

 A link to the github page would help me in reporting these 
 bugs?
https://github.com/kingsleyh/DLanguage
Thank you. The screenshots are very impressive! Gives me motivation to figure out why i couldn't get it to work.
Dec 25 2015
parent reply Bogdan <olar.bogdan.dev gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 15:28:23 UTC, Pradeep Gowda wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 15:04:42 UTC, eyveer wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 13:57:52 UTC, Pradeep Gowda 
 wrote:

 A link to the github page would help me in reporting these 
 bugs?
https://github.com/kingsleyh/DLanguage
Thank you. The screenshots are very impressive! Gives me motivation to figure out why i couldn't get it to work.
Couldn't figure out what went wrong until I read your comment and looked at the screenshots. Try going to Settings/Other Tools/D Tools and press all the "Auto Find" buttons.
Dec 25 2015
parent reply Kingsley <kingsley.hendrickse gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 16:55:32 UTC, Bogdan wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 15:28:23 UTC, Pradeep Gowda 
 wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 15:04:42 UTC, eyveer wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 13:57:52 UTC, Pradeep Gowda 
 wrote:

 A link to the github page would help me in reporting these 
 bugs?
https://github.com/kingsleyh/DLanguage
Thank you. The screenshots are very impressive! Gives me motivation to figure out why i couldn't get it to work.
Couldn't figure out what went wrong until I read your comment and looked at the screenshots. Try going to Settings/Other Tools/D Tools and press all the "Auto Find" buttons.
Raise any issues at the GitHub page and I will fix - I will write some documentation over the next few days also
Dec 25 2015
next sibling parent reply Minas Mina <minas_0 hotmail.co.uk> writes:
I'm trying to build on IntelliJ 15, Ubuntu 15.10:

9:05:55 ΠΜ All files are up-to-date
9:05:55 ΠΜ Error running Run DUB: DUB executable is not 
specified.Configure DUB settings

How do I configure dub settings?
It seems that "configure" is a link (it's underlined) but nothing 
opens when I click on it.
Dec 25 2015
parent reply Minas Mina <minas_0 hotmail.co.uk> writes:
Also, it seems that no [project name].sdl file is created for dub 
projects.
Dec 25 2015
parent Kingsley <kingsley.hendrickse gmail.com> writes:
On Saturday, 26 December 2015 at 07:17:01 UTC, Minas Mina wrote:
 Also, it seems that no [project name].sdl file is created for 
 dub projects.
I've fixed both of those issues and released
Dec 26 2015
prev sibling parent reply Kingsley <kingsley.hendrickse gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 17:43:06 UTC, Kingsley wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 16:55:32 UTC, Bogdan wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 15:28:23 UTC, Pradeep Gowda 
 wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 15:04:42 UTC, eyveer wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 13:57:52 UTC, Pradeep Gowda 
 wrote:

 [...]
https://github.com/kingsleyh/DLanguage
Thank you. The screenshots are very impressive! Gives me motivation to figure out why i couldn't get it to work.
Couldn't figure out what went wrong until I read your comment and looked at the screenshots. Try going to Settings/Other Tools/D Tools and press all the "Auto Find" buttons.
Raise any issues at the GitHub page and I will fix - I will write some documentation over the next few days also
Intellij D plugin version 1.5 released with improved DUB support and bug fixes
Dec 28 2015
parent reply Suliman <evermind live.ru> writes:
On Monday, 28 December 2015 at 19:23:17 UTC, Kingsley wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 17:43:06 UTC, Kingsley wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 16:55:32 UTC, Bogdan wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 15:28:23 UTC, Pradeep Gowda 
 wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 15:04:42 UTC, eyveer wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 13:57:52 UTC, Pradeep Gowda 
 wrote:

 [...]
https://github.com/kingsleyh/DLanguage
Thank you. The screenshots are very impressive! Gives me motivation to figure out why i couldn't get it to work.
Couldn't figure out what went wrong until I read your comment and looked at the screenshots. Try going to Settings/Other Tools/D Tools and press all the "Auto Find" buttons.
Raise any issues at the GitHub page and I will fix - I will write some documentation over the next few days also
Intellij D plugin version 1.5 released with improved DUB support and bug fixes
How to install this plugin on Windows?
Dec 30 2015
parent reply Israel <tl1200 live.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 30 December 2015 at 17:04:15 UTC, Suliman wrote:
 On Monday, 28 December 2015 at 19:23:17 UTC, Kingsley wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 17:43:06 UTC, Kingsley wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 16:55:32 UTC, Bogdan wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 15:28:23 UTC, Pradeep Gowda 
 wrote:
 [...]
Couldn't figure out what went wrong until I read your comment and looked at the screenshots. Try going to Settings/Other Tools/D Tools and press all the "Auto Find" buttons.
Raise any issues at the GitHub page and I will fix - I will write some documentation over the next few days also
Intellij D plugin version 1.5 released with improved DUB support and bug fixes
How to install this plugin on Windows?
Intellij Idea 14 on windows. File > Settings > plugins > browse repositories The plugin does not show up on Intellij Idea 15 though so im guessing it isnt compatible yet and neither on CLion.
Dec 30 2015
parent reply Minas Mina <minas_0 hotmail.co.uk> writes:
On Wednesday, 30 December 2015 at 17:17:07 UTC, Israel wrote:
 On Wednesday, 30 December 2015 at 17:04:15 UTC, Suliman wrote:
 On Monday, 28 December 2015 at 19:23:17 UTC, Kingsley wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 17:43:06 UTC, Kingsley wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 16:55:32 UTC, Bogdan wrote:
 [...]
Raise any issues at the GitHub page and I will fix - I will write some documentation over the next few days also
Intellij D plugin version 1.5 released with improved DUB support and bug fixes
How to install this plugin on Windows?
Intellij Idea 14 on windows. File > Settings > plugins > browse repositories The plugin does not show up on Intellij Idea 15 though so im guessing it isnt compatible yet and neither on CLion.
I am actually using it with IntelliJ 15.
Jan 01
parent reply Kingsley <kingsley.hendrickse gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 1 January 2016 at 15:37:44 UTC, Minas Mina wrote:
 On Wednesday, 30 December 2015 at 17:17:07 UTC, Israel wrote:
 On Wednesday, 30 December 2015 at 17:04:15 UTC, Suliman wrote:
 On Monday, 28 December 2015 at 19:23:17 UTC, Kingsley wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 17:43:06 UTC, Kingsley wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 16:55:32 UTC, Bogdan wrote:
 [...]
Raise any issues at the GitHub page and I will fix - I will write some documentation over the next few days also
Intellij D plugin version 1.5 released with improved DUB support and bug fixes
How to install this plugin on Windows?
Intellij Idea 14 on windows. File > Settings > plugins > browse repositories The plugin does not show up on Intellij Idea 15 though so im guessing it isnt compatible yet and neither on CLion.
I am actually using it with IntelliJ 15.
I'm still on IntelliJ 14 so haven't tried it with 15 personally - but it should be fine. IT should work fine on windows as well - although I'm an OSX user so have only ever tested it on OSX - please raise any windows specific issues at the github project https://github.com/kingsleyh/DLanguage/issues At the moment I've restricted the plugin to Intellij - so it won't work on other jetbrains products - but It should not be hard to get it working on CLion.
Jan 03
parent reply Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
On Sun, 2016-01-03 at 23:46 +0000, Kingsley via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
=20
[=E2=80=A6]
 I'm still on IntelliJ 14 so haven't tried it with 15 personally -=C2=A0
 but it should be fine. IT should work fine on windows as well -=C2=A0
 although I'm an OSX user so have only ever tested it on OSX -=C2=A0
 please raise any windows specific issues at the github project=C2=A0
 https://github.com/kingsleyh/DLanguage/issues
=20
 At the moment I've restricted the plugin to Intellij - so it=C2=A0
 won't work on other jetbrains products - but It should not be=C2=A0
 hard to get it working on CLion.
I have just upgraded to IntelliJ IDEA 16 so I'll give it a try. All my JVM-language projects, I now do a Gradle build specification for and then let IntelliJ IDEA build a project based on that. CLion does the same with CMake. Given we can build D projects with CMake and IntelliJ IDEA plugins can (with a bit of fiddling) be used in CLion, I will try with CLion 1.5. I think D should focus on CLion not on IntelliJ IDEA. --=20 Russel. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder ekiga.n= et 41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel winder.org.uk London SW11 1EN, UK w: www.russel.org.uk skype: russel_winder
Jan 04
parent reply Israel <tl12000 live.com> writes:
On Monday, 4 January 2016 at 12:17:22 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
 On Sun, 2016-01-03 at 23:46 +0000, Kingsley via 
 Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
 [...]
[…]
 [...]
I have just upgraded to IntelliJ IDEA 16 so I'll give it a try. All my JVM-language projects, I now do a Gradle build specification for and then let IntelliJ IDEA build a project based on that. CLion does the same with CMake. Given we can build D projects with CMake and IntelliJ IDEA plugins can (with a bit of fiddling) be used in CLion, I will try with CLion 1.5. I think D should focus on CLion not on IntelliJ IDEA.
I Agree but CLion is not free and accessible as IDEA. I believe it should still get support but IDEA should have top priority.
Jan 05
parent Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
On Tue, 2016-01-05 at 23:19 +0000, Israel via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
 [=E2=80=A6]
=20
 I Agree but CLion is not free and accessible as IDEA. I believe=C2=A0
 it should still get support but IDEA should have top priority.
Actually CLion is free for those who can show their use is for a FOSS project. I have a licence for Zipios. But you have to apply. IntelliJ IDEA Community is indeed just download and go, but it is fundamentally JDK Maven/Gradle oriented. OK so Gradle has a C++ build capability, but it doesn't have a SCons, CMake or Dub one really. My background here is that I think all builds should be driven by a text file. Whilst Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA used to demand manually constructed projects, this approach is now history. All the IDEs now focus on generating projects from external build descriptions. For all my projects I use a Gradle, CMake, or SCons file and then generate projects as needed. I am told there are some differences between plugins for CLion and IntelliJ IDEA but not too different so a single code base should suffice. =C2=A0 --=20 Russel. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder ekiga.n= et 41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel winder.org.uk London SW11 1EN, UK w: www.russel.org.uk skype: russel_winder
Jan 06
prev sibling parent Kingsley <kingsley.hendrickse gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 13:57:52 UTC, Pradeep Gowda wrote:
 On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 10:41:26 UTC, Kingsley wrote:
 [...]
Thanks! I did install it on IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate 15 and take it for a spin. However, it did not create a "dub" project even when I chose "D application with DUB" option in the "New project" screen. Nor was it able to import an existing DUB project.
 [...]
A link to the github page would help me in reporting these bugs?
Ok thanks - I'm still on 14 but will test with 15 next GitHub: https://github.com/kingsleyh/DLanguage
Dec 25 2015
prev sibling parent Minas Mina <minas_0 hotmail.co.uk> writes:
On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 10:41:26 UTC, Kingsley wrote:
 Hi

 I have released an initial attempt at an IntelliJ plugin for D 
 to the jetbrains plugin repository.

 It's DLanguage version 1.2

 It has basic syntax highlighting, autocompletion with DCD, 
 compile checking and linting with Dscanner, code formatting 
 with Dfmt and navigation jump to classes and functions and dub 
 support - recommend using dub

 See the GitHub page screenshots for an idea

 Enjoy :)

 --Kingsley
This is awesome, I really waited for an IntelliJ plugin! I will test on IntelliJ 15 tonight or tomorrow :)
Dec 25 2015