www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - DGui is alive

reply Denis Shelomovskij <verylonglogin.reg gmail.com> writes:
DGui is a lightweight graphic library for Windows with API close to 
.NET's Windows Forms.

The library is written by Trogu Antonio Davide, but he isn't supporting 
it any longer so you can refer me as a current project manager.

One can get examples and OMF import libraries needed to build 
executables from "Downloads" section on project page.

Project repo page:
https://bitbucket.org/dgui/dgui/


Note:

The project API should be stable now, but lots of stylistic renames 
happened recently so if one has a huge codebase using old names and want 
to upgrade to current version you can contact me and I will prepare 
autorenaming scripts for you (I used it to do renaming anyway).

Sorry for API breakage, I just couldn't see all those C-style uppercased 
enums any more.


P.S.

I was waiting to be able to do planned API breaking changes before 
posting here so the announce is half a year later than the project 
resurrection date.

-- 
Денис В. Шеломовский
Denis V. Shelomovskij
May 20 2014
next sibling parent reply "FrankLike" <1150015857 qq.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 20 May 2014 at 07:20:16 UTC, Denis Shelomovskij wrote:
 DGui is a lightweight graphic library for Windows with API 
 close to .NET's Windows Forms.

 The library is written by Trogu Antonio Davide, but he isn't 
 supporting it any longer so you can refer me as a current 
 project manager.

 One can get examples and OMF import libraries needed to build 
 executables from "Downloads" section on project page.

 Project repo page:
 https://bitbucket.org/dgui/dgui/


 Note:

 The project API should be stable now, but lots of stylistic 
 renames happened recently so if one has a huge codebase using 
 old names and want to upgrade to current version you can 
 contact me and I will prepare autorenaming scripts for you (I 
 used it to do renaming anyway).

 Sorry for API breakage, I just couldn't see all those C-style 
 uppercased enums any more.


 P.S.

 I was waiting to be able to do planned API breaking changes 
 before posting here so the announce is half a year later than 
 the project resurrection date.
Good work! DGui need some other controls,such as imageButton,DataView,GridView....e.t.c. Thank you. Frank
May 20 2014
next sibling parent "FrankLike" <1150015857 qq.com> writes:
 DGui is a lightweight graphic library for Windows with API 
 close to .NET's Windows Forms.
DGui's codes are less than DFL,it's a better thing.If it can work on Linux,Mac Os X,maybe change it by Base Class? It's a huge work! Thank you. Frank
May 20 2014
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "FrankLike" <1150015857 qq.com> writes:
Can you put DGui into github.com  and code.dlang.org ?
Let all d's coders build on it!
 Thank you.

 Frank
May 20 2014
parent Denis Shelomovskij <verylonglogin.reg gmail.com> writes:
20.05.2014 18:11, FrankLike пишет:
 Can you put DGui into github.com  and code.dlang.org ?
 Let all d's coders build on it!
 Thank you.

 Frank
It is already in code.dlang.org. As for Github I have already answered here [1]. [1] http://forum.dlang.org/post/llf00b$2pl5$1 digitalmars.com -- Денис В. Шеломовский Denis V. Shelomovskij
May 20 2014
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Suliman" <evermind live.ru> writes:
 DGui need some other controls,such as 
 imageButton,DataView,GridView....e.t.c.

 Thank you.

 Frank
Yes, I very need imageButton. Is there any chance that they will be developed in nearest time? I need example how to draw line (small Paint) with this lib. Does DGUI can do it? If not I would need to look for alternative...
May 20 2014
parent reply Denis Shelomovskij <verylonglogin.reg gmail.com> writes:
20.05.2014 22:46, Suliman пишет:
 DGui need some other controls,such as
 imageButton,DataView,GridView....e.t.c.

 Thank you.

 Frank
Yes, I very need imageButton. Is there any chance that they will be developed in nearest time?
No, not in near future. General usage of buttons with images is a `ToolBar` so there is a `ToolButton` with image. As for other controls, e.g. a regular `Button`, one can draw everything in `paint` event.
 I need example how to draw line (small Paint) with this lib. Does DGUI
 can do it? If not I would need to look for alternative...
Here is an example of button with image and lines drawn on it: https://gist.github.com/denis-sh/56e2104dba7d9793f68d -- Денис В. Шеломовский Denis V. Shelomovskij
May 21 2014
next sibling parent reply "Suliman" <evermind live.ru> writes:
On Wednesday, 21 May 2014 at 08:25:20 UTC, Denis Shelomovskij 
wrote:
 20.05.2014 22:46, Suliman пишет:
 DGui need some other controls,such as
 imageButton,DataView,GridView....e.t.c.

 Thank you.

 Frank
Yes, I very need imageButton. Is there any chance that they will be developed in nearest time?
No, not in near future. General usage of buttons with images is a `ToolBar` so there is a `ToolButton` with image. As for other controls, e.g. a regular `Button`, one can draw everything in `paint` event.
What is the difference between imageButton and ToolButton?
May 21 2014
parent reply Denis Shelomovskij <verylonglogin.reg gmail.com> writes:
21.05.2014 15:05, Suliman пишет:
 On Wednesday, 21 May 2014 at 08:25:20 UTC, Denis Shelomovskij wrote:
 20.05.2014 22:46, Suliman пишет:
 DGui need some other controls,such as
 imageButton,DataView,GridView....e.t.c.

 Thank you.

 Frank
Yes, I very need imageButton. Is there any chance that they will be developed in nearest time?
No, not in near future. General usage of buttons with images is a `ToolBar` so there is a `ToolButton` with image. As for other controls, e.g. a regular `Button`, one can draw everything in `paint` event.
What is the difference between imageButton and ToolButton?
There is no `imageButton` objects in DGui. `ToolButton` is a button placed in `ToolBar` and it can have an image. -- Денис В. Шеломовский Denis V. Shelomovskij
May 21 2014
parent "Suliman" <evermind live.ru> writes:
So about what Frank talk?

 DGui need some other controls,such as
 imageButton,DataView,GridView....e.t.c.
May 21 2014
prev sibling parent "andre" <andre s-e-a-p.de> writes:
On Wednesday, 21 May 2014 at 08:25:20 UTC, Denis Shelomovskij 
wrote:
 20.05.2014 22:46, Suliman пишет:
 DGui need some other controls,such as
 imageButton,DataView,GridView....e.t.c.

 Thank you.

 Frank
Yes, I very need imageButton. Is there any chance that they will be developed in nearest time?
No, not in near future. General usage of buttons with images is a `ToolBar` so there is a `ToolButton` with image. As for other controls, e.g. a regular `Button`, one can draw everything in `paint` event.
 I need example how to draw line (small Paint) with this lib. 
 Does DGUI
 can do it? If not I would need to look for alternative...
Here is an example of button with image and lines drawn on it: https://gist.github.com/denis-sh/56e2104dba7d9793f68d
It would be nice to include such example to the Other examples and also Provide a small build script. Kind regards andre
May 21 2014
prev sibling parent reply Denis Shelomovskij <verylonglogin.reg gmail.com> writes:
20.05.2014 17:46, FrankLike пишет:
 DGui need some other controls,such as
 imageButton,DataView,GridView....e.t.c.
There is no plan to add new controls and I don't see any lacking ones. One can use `paint` event to draw image on button and there is `GridPanel` (with usage example `grid.d`) so I don't understand why `GridView` is needed and what is its purpose. Also I don't know what is `DataView` for. -- Денис В. Шеломовский Denis V. Shelomovskij
May 24 2014
next sibling parent "FrankLike" <1150015857 qq.com> writes:
 There is no plan to add new controls and I don't see any 
 lacking ones.
I test it again,found DGui is the very cool,Memory Usage the least ,2.2M,very cool.,but must use the 'this',if I known some controls,not want use the 'this',then don't compile. Thank you. Frank
May 25 2014
prev sibling next sibling parent "FrankLike" <1150015857 qq.com> writes:
 There is no plan to add new controls and I don't see any 
 lacking ones.
I test it again,found DGui is the very cool,Memory Usage the least ,2.2M,very cool.,but must use the 'this',if I known some controls,not want use the 'this',then don't compile. But for DFL ,it's not be must. Thank you. Frank
May 25 2014
prev sibling next sibling parent "Kagamin" <spam here.lot> writes:
On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 07:20:49 UTC, Denis Shelomovskij 
wrote:
 One can use `paint` event to draw image on button and there is 
 `GridPanel` (with usage example `grid.d`) so I don't understand 
 why `GridView` is needed and what is its purpose. Also I don't 
 know what is `DataView` for.
Haha, well, when people talk about GridView, they mean something like this: https://www.devexpress.com/Products/NET/Controls/WinForms/Grid/
May 26 2014
prev sibling parent reply "Andre" <andre s-e-a-p.de> writes:
On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 07:20:49 UTC, Denis Shelomovskij
wrote:
 20.05.2014 17:46, FrankLike пишет:
 DGui need some other controls,such as
 imageButton,DataView,GridView....e.t.c.
There is no plan to add new controls and I don't see any lacking ones. One can use `paint` event to draw image on button and there is `GridPanel` (with usage example `grid.d`) so I don't understand why `GridView` is needed and what is its purpose. Also I don't know what is `DataView` for.
DGui is really fantastic, it is easy to use and without a big overhead. What I experienced, developers coming from other frameworks might miss a horizontal/vertical layout. This would be much easier than using a grid for this purpose. Also some more examples could boost the popularity of DGui. Especially, how can I create create my own controls? What would be really nice for business developer would be a specific Stringgrid control (like delphi/lazarus has). Here an example http://i.stack.imgur.com/FJFiN.gif Do you accept pull requests if developers provide you new stuff for DGui? Kind regards André
May 26 2014
parent reply Denis Shelomovskij <verylonglogin.reg gmail.com> writes:
26.05.2014 23:08, Andre пишет:
 On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 07:20:49 UTC, Denis Shelomovskij
 wrote:
 20.05.2014 17:46, FrankLike пишет:
 DGui need some other controls,such as
 imageButton,DataView,GridView....e.t.c.
There is no plan to add new controls and I don't see any lacking ones. One can use `paint` event to draw image on button and there is `GridPanel` (with usage example `grid.d`) so I don't understand why `GridView` is needed and what is its purpose. Also I don't know what is `DataView` for.
DGui is really fantastic, it is easy to use and without a big overhead. What I experienced, developers coming from other frameworks might miss a horizontal/vertical layout. This would be much easier than using a grid for this purpose. Also some more examples could boost the popularity of DGui. Especially, how can I create create my own controls?
Horizontal/vertical layout can be achieved using `Control.dock` property. I will think about examples and documentation improvements.
 What would be really nice for business developer would be a
 specific Stringgrid control (like delphi/lazarus has). Here an
 example http://i.stack.imgur.com/FJFiN.gif
Use `ListView` and `TreeView` classes.
 Do you accept pull requests if developers provide you new stuff
 for DGui?
Yes, but I strongly recommend to contact me first to plan and synchronize activities to prevent useless time wasting. -- Денис В. Шеломовский Denis V. Shelomovskij
May 30 2014
next sibling parent "FrankLike" <1150015857 qq.com> writes:
DGui is very cool,but need some other controls,such as 
Calendar,DateTimePicker....e.t.c,but which control can be the 
'data source',for saving data when runing,for filter data?

Thank you.

Frank
Jun 01 2014
prev sibling parent reply "FrankLike" <1150015857 qq.com> writes:
this._gridPanel.scrollBars  =true;
I find it not work.
And it not set the 'Data Source',should add it.

Thank you.
Jun 02 2014
parent reply "uri" <gmail gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 2 June 2014 at 09:06:57 UTC, FrankLike wrote:
 this._gridPanel.scrollBars  =true;
 I find it not work.
 And it not set the 'Data Source',should add it.

 Thank you.
If you have an issue to report for DGui, or feature request, you should do so here: https://bitbucket.org/dgui/dgui/issues It might get missed by DGui devs posting it here.
Jun 02 2014
parent reply "FrankLike" <1150015857 qq.com> writes:
How about the DGui's status?
Jun 25 2014
next sibling parent reply "Gary Willoughby" <dev nomad.so> writes:
On Wednesday, 25 June 2014 at 15:16:03 UTC, FrankLike wrote:
 How about the DGui's status?
https://bitbucket.org/dgui/dgui/issues
Jun 25 2014
parent reply "FrankLike" <1150015857 qq.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 25 June 2014 at 17:32:06 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
 On Wednesday, 25 June 2014 at 15:16:03 UTC, FrankLike wrote:
 How about the DGui's status?
https://bitbucket.org/dgui/dgui/issues
#1to#5,those were built by me.
Jun 26 2014
parent "Gary Willoughby" <dev nomad.so> writes:
On Thursday, 26 June 2014 at 15:24:17 UTC, FrankLike wrote:
 On Wednesday, 25 June 2014 at 17:32:06 UTC, Gary Willoughby 
 wrote:
 On Wednesday, 25 June 2014 at 15:16:03 UTC, FrankLike wrote:
 How about the DGui's status?
https://bitbucket.org/dgui/dgui/issues
#1to#5,those were built by me.
Well done.
Jun 26 2014
prev sibling parent reply "FrankLike" <1150015857 qq.com> writes:
  How about the DGui's status?
Jul 23 2014
parent reply "Gary Willoughby" <dev nomad.so> writes:
On Wednesday, 23 July 2014 at 11:40:01 UTC, FrankLike wrote:
  How about the DGui's status?
https://bitbucket.org/dgui/dgui/issues
Jul 23 2014
parent "francesco cattoglio" <francesco.cattoglio gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 23 July 2014 at 12:58:46 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
 On Wednesday, 23 July 2014 at 11:40:01 UTC, FrankLike wrote:
 How about the DGui's status?
https://bitbucket.org/dgui/dgui/issues
déjà vu
Jul 23 2014
prev sibling next sibling parent "Cassio Butrico" <cassio_butrico ig.com.br> writes:
On Tuesday, 20 May 2014 at 07:20:16 UTC, Denis Shelomovskij wrote:
 DGui is a lightweight graphic library for Windows with API 
 close to .NET's Windows Forms.

 The library is written by Trogu Antonio Davide, but he isn't 
 supporting it any longer so you can refer me as a current 
 project manager.

 One can get examples and OMF import libraries needed to build 
 executables from "Downloads" section on project page.

 Project repo page:
 https://bitbucket.org/dgui/dgui/


 Note:

 The project API should be stable now, but lots of stylistic 
 renames happened recently so if one has a huge codebase using 
 old names and want to upgrade to current version you can 
 contact me and I will prepare autorenaming scripts for you (I 
 used it to do renaming anyway).

 Sorry for API breakage, I just couldn't see all those C-style 
 uppercased enums any more.


 P.S.

 I was waiting to be able to do planned API breaking changes 
 before posting here so the announce is half a year later than 
 the project resurrection date.
Hello DGUI team. My name is Cassio butrico and am new to the "D" language. I would like to congratulate the great job they have done. I have studied the codes every day, and realized that some conversions are not performed by the compiler. I'm just passing some notifications that would have analyzed for the team. They are: ============================================ \dgui\filebrowserdialog.d ============================================ 71 | if(res) 72 | { 73 | this._dlgRes = to!(string)(toUTF8(buffer).ptr); 74 | } =============== change to =================== 71 | if(res) 72 | { 73 | string namefile; 74 | foreach(i,c; buffer) 75 | { 76 | if(c != '\0') 77 | { 78 | namefile ~= to!string(buffer[i]) ; 79 | } 80 | } 81 | this._dlgRes = namefile; 82 | } ============================================ \dgui\core\dialogs\commondialog.d ============================================ 31 | property public T2 result() 32 | { 33 | return this._dlgRes; 34 | } =============== change to =================== 31 | property public T2 result() 32 | { 33 | auto autostrFile = this._dlgRes; 34 | return autostrFile; 35 | } ============================================ I thank the attention.
Jun 26 2014
prev sibling parent reply "Frank Like" <1150015857 qq.com> writes:
Hello,Denis Shelomovskij.
How about the DGui's new status?
Oct 12 2014
parent reply "Gary Willoughby" <dev nomad.so> writes:
On Sunday, 12 October 2014 at 13:23:33 UTC, Frank Like wrote:
 Hello,Denis Shelomovskij.
 How about the DGui's new status?
You can see all activity here: https://bitbucket.org/dgui/dgui/
Oct 12 2014
parent "FrankLike" <1150015857 qq.com> writes:
On Sunday, 12 October 2014 at 17:53:06 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
 On Sunday, 12 October 2014 at 13:23:33 UTC, Frank Like wrote:
 Hello,Denis Shelomovskij.
 How about the DGui's new status?
You can see all activity here: https://bitbucket.org/dgui/dgui/
Sorry,I'm waiting for the Denis Shelomovskij's Answers.
Oct 13 2014