www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - DConf 2016, Berlin: Call for Submissions is now open!

reply Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
Please join us at DConf 2016, the conference of the D programming 
language in Berlin, Germany, May 4-6 2016.

We're very very excited to hold DConf under Sociomantic's sponsorship in 
their neck of the woods—Berlin, one of Europe's premier technology 
hotbeds. Sociomantic has been a long-time supporter and user of D and 
we're grateful to benefit of their hosting.

The D programming language has continued to grow strongly through 2015 
in both use and development participation. The fledgling D Language 
Foundation is poised to lead and organize the community better than ever 
before. DConf is the main face-to-face event for everyone and everything 
related to the D language and environment. The 2016 edition will be held 
in premiere in Europe, on the heels of strong D adoption throughout the 
Old Continent. We're gearing for our largest event yet!

Call for Submissions

We are looking forward to your submission for a paper, talk, demo, or 
panel for DConf 2016. The topics of choice are anything and everything 
related to the D language. For more details, check the conference page:

http://dconf.org/2016/index.html
Oct 23 2015
next sibling parent Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/3pxbpp/dconf_2016_berlin_46_may_call_for_submissions_open/

http://hackerne.ws (check "new" around 12:45 EST or scroll down)

https://twitter.com/D_Programming/status/657597600271503360

https://www.facebook.com/dlang.org/posts/1158592540821092


Andrei
Oct 23 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
On Friday, October 23, 2015 12:37:20 Andrei Alexandrescu via
Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
 Call for Submissions

 We are looking forward to your submission for a paper, talk, demo, or
 panel for DConf 2016. The topics of choice are anything and everything
 related to the D language. For more details, check the conference page:
Time to start trying to come up with talk proposals again... - Jonathan M Davis
Oct 23 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent Mithun Hunsur <me philpax.me> writes:
On Friday, 23 October 2015 at 16:37:20 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu 
wrote:
 Please join us at DConf 2016, the conference of the D 
 programming language in Berlin, Germany, May 4-6 2016.

 [...]
Awesome! I have a few ideas for talks, but I might flesh out the associated projects some more before submitting my proposals. Looking forward to it :)
Oct 23 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent reply ponce <contact gam3sfrommars.fr> writes:
On Friday, 23 October 2015 at 16:37:20 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu 
wrote:
 http://dconf.org/2016/index.html
Do you need a new logo this year? I would be happy to make another, better one.
Oct 25 2015
parent reply Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 10/25/15 8:04 AM, ponce wrote:
 On Friday, 23 October 2015 at 16:37:20 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 http://dconf.org/2016/index.html
Do you need a new logo this year? I would be happy to make another, better one.
Yes please! Forgot to mention that. Many thanks!! -- Andrei
Oct 25 2015
next sibling parent reply ponce <contact gam3sfrommars.fr> writes:
On Sunday, 25 October 2015 at 23:59:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu 
wrote:
 Yes please! Forgot to mention that. Many thanks!! -- Andrei
Added to my TODO list :)
Oct 26 2015
parent reply ponce <contact gamesfrommars.fr> writes:
On Monday, 26 October 2015 at 10:12:30 UTC, ponce wrote:
 On Sunday, 25 October 2015 at 23:59:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu 
 wrote:
 Yes please! Forgot to mention that. Many thanks!! -- Andrei
Added to my TODO list :)
So I've made a logo here: https://github.com/p0nce/dconf.org/blob/master/2016/images/logo.svg If you like it tell and I'll make the usual dconf.org integration. What needs to be written next to it?
Oct 28 2015
next sibling parent reply Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 10/28/2015 01:00 PM, ponce wrote:
 On Monday, 26 October 2015 at 10:12:30 UTC, ponce wrote:
 On Sunday, 25 October 2015 at 23:59:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 Yes please! Forgot to mention that. Many thanks!! -- Andrei
Added to my TODO list :)
So I've made a logo here: https://github.com/p0nce/dconf.org/blob/master/2016/images/logo.svg If you like it tell and I'll make the usual dconf.org integration. What needs to be written next to it?
Looks interesting but I fail to see "DConf". The text should read "DConf 2016/May 4-6/Berlin, Germany" -- Andrei
Oct 28 2015
parent reply ponce <contact gamesfrommars.fr> writes:
On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 18:10:04 UTC, Andrei 
Alexandrescu wrote:
 What needs to be written next to it?
Looks interesting but I fail to see "DConf". The text should read "DConf 2016/May 4-6/Berlin, Germany" -- Andrei
That would give something like: https://github.com/p0nce/dconf.org/blob/master/2016/images/logo-sample.png
Oct 28 2015
next sibling parent reply Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 10/28/2015 02:57 PM, ponce wrote:
 On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 18:10:04 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 What needs to be written next to it?
Looks interesting but I fail to see "DConf". The text should read "DConf 2016/May 4-6/Berlin, Germany" -- Andrei
That would give something like: https://github.com/p0nce/dconf.org/blob/master/2016/images/logo-sample.png
Nice, thanks. What is the meaning of the "E" or "m"? -- Andrei
Oct 28 2015
parent reply ponce <contact gamesfrommars.fr> writes:
On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 19:24:13 UTC, Andrei 
Alexandrescu wrote:
 On 10/28/2015 02:57 PM, ponce wrote:
 On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 18:10:04 UTC, Andrei 
 Alexandrescu wrote:
 What needs to be written next to it?
Looks interesting but I fail to see "DConf". The text should read "DConf 2016/May 4-6/Berlin, Germany" -- Andrei
That would give something like: https://github.com/p0nce/dconf.org/blob/master/2016/images/logo-sample.png
Nice, thanks. What is the meaning of the "E" or "m"? -- Andrei
It is supposed to refer to the Bundestag like in http://www.catherinefeff-studio.com/references/39636641Berlin_logo.gif But I guess this part isn't working too well.
Oct 28 2015
parent =?iso-8859-1?Q?Robert_M._M=FCnch?= <robert.muench saphirion.com> writes:
On 2015-10-28 19:27:03 +0000, ponce said:

 It is supposed to refer to the Bundestag like in 
 http://www.catherinefeff-studio.com/references/39636641Berlin_logo.gif
The dome might work as a "lying D" methaphor. -- Robert M. Mnch http://www.saphirion.com smarter | better | faster
Oct 30 2015
prev sibling parent reply Walter Bright <newshound2 digitalmars.com> writes:
On 10/28/2015 11:57 AM, ponce wrote:
 On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 18:10:04 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 What needs to be written next to it?
Looks interesting but I fail to see "DConf". The text should read "DConf 2016/May 4-6/Berlin, Germany" -- Andrei
That would give something like: https://github.com/p0nce/dconf.org/blob/master/2016/images/logo-sample.png
The logo looks nice, but it doesn't seem to be evocative of D. I think there needs to be a theme to it, like "D saves the world", "D is cool tech", "D makes money for business", "D is the choice of cutting edge programmers", "D is the latest technology", etc. Something like that.
Oct 28 2015
next sibling parent reply ponce <contact gamesfrommars.fr> writes:
On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 23:02:59 UTC, Walter Bright 
wrote:
 On 10/28/2015 11:57 AM, ponce wrote:
 On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 18:10:04 UTC, Andrei 
 Alexandrescu wrote:
 What needs to be written next to it?
Looks interesting but I fail to see "DConf". The text should read "DConf 2016/May 4-6/Berlin, Germany" -- Andrei
That would give something like: https://github.com/p0nce/dconf.org/blob/master/2016/images/logo-sample.png
The logo looks nice, but it doesn't seem to be evocative of D. I think there needs to be a theme to it, like "D saves the world", "D is cool tech", "D makes money for business", "D is the choice of cutting edge programmers", "D is the latest technology", etc. Something like that.
There is a D right there in the logo. It think I'll let others step up with other designs.
Oct 28 2015
parent reply Walter Bright <newshound2 digitalmars.com> writes:
On 10/28/2015 4:09 PM, ponce wrote:
 On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 23:02:59 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
 On 10/28/2015 11:57 AM, ponce wrote:
 On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 18:10:04 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 What needs to be written next to it?
Looks interesting but I fail to see "DConf". The text should read "DConf 2016/May 4-6/Berlin, Germany" -- Andrei
That would give something like: https://github.com/p0nce/dconf.org/blob/master/2016/images/logo-sample.png
The logo looks nice, but it doesn't seem to be evocative of D. I think there needs to be a theme to it, like "D saves the world", "D is cool tech", "D makes money for business", "D is the choice of cutting edge programmers", "D is the latest technology", etc. Something like that.
There is a D right there in the logo. It think I'll let others step up with other designs.
Please don't be discouraged over what I wrote. You've got talent for this.
Oct 28 2015
next sibling parent Joakim <dlang joakim.fea.st> writes:
On Thursday, 29 October 2015 at 06:43:25 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
 On 10/28/2015 4:09 PM, ponce wrote:
 There is a D right there in the logo.
 It think I'll let others step up with other designs.
Please don't be discouraged over what I wrote. You've got talent for this.
Yeah, that looks pretty damn good.
Oct 29 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent ponce <contact gamesfrommars.fr> writes:
On Thursday, 29 October 2015 at 06:43:25 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
 Please don't be discouraged over what I wrote. You've got 
 talent for this.
No worries, I'll get back to it :) geod24 on IRC had an interesting idea.
Oct 29 2015
prev sibling parent Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 10/29/2015 02:43 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
 On 10/28/2015 4:09 PM, ponce wrote:
 On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 23:02:59 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
 On 10/28/2015 11:57 AM, ponce wrote:
 On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 18:10:04 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
 wrote:
 What needs to be written next to it?
Looks interesting but I fail to see "DConf". The text should read "DConf 2016/May 4-6/Berlin, Germany" -- Andrei
That would give something like: https://github.com/p0nce/dconf.org/blob/master/2016/images/logo-sample.png
The logo looks nice, but it doesn't seem to be evocative of D. I think there needs to be a theme to it, like "D saves the world", "D is cool tech", "D makes money for business", "D is the choice of cutting edge programmers", "D is the latest technology", etc. Something like that.
There is a D right there in the logo. It think I'll let others step up with other designs.
Please don't be discouraged over what I wrote. You've got talent for this.
Yes please. -- Andrei
Oct 29 2015
prev sibling parent ponce <contact gamesfrommars.fr> writes:
On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 23:02:59 UTC, Walter Bright 
wrote:
 On 10/28/2015 11:57 AM, ponce wrote:
 On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 18:10:04 UTC, Andrei 
 Alexandrescu wrote:
 What needs to be written next to it?
Looks interesting but I fail to see "DConf". The text should read "DConf 2016/May 4-6/Berlin, Germany" -- Andrei
That would give something like: https://github.com/p0nce/dconf.org/blob/master/2016/images/logo-sample.png
The logo looks nice, but it doesn't seem to be evocative of D. I think there needs to be a theme to it, like "D saves the world", "D is cool tech", "D makes money for business", "D is the choice of cutting edge programmers", "D is the latest technology", etc. Something like that.
Made a 2nd attempt here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/p0nce/dconf.org/4f0f2b5be8ec2b06e3feb01d6472ec13a7be4e7c/2016/images/logo2-sample.png
Oct 31 2015
prev sibling parent reply Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
On 28 Oct 2015 6:06 pm, "ponce via Digitalmars-d-announce" <
digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com> wrote:
 On Monday, 26 October 2015 at 10:12:30 UTC, ponce wrote:
 On Sunday, 25 October 2015 at 23:59:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 Yes please! Forgot to mention that. Many thanks!! -- Andrei
Added to my TODO list :)
So I've made a logo here: https://github.com/p0nce/dconf.org/blob/master/2016/images/logo.svg If you like it tell and I'll make the usual dconf.org integration. What needs to be written next to it?
I think simplicity works better for a logo, moving any small details into the background. Using this kind of tactic I think works well - for instance, a lot of people still wear their DConf 2012 shirts on a weekly basis.
Oct 29 2015
parent reply ponce <contact gamesfrommars.fr> writes:
On Thursday, 29 October 2015 at 08:41:53 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 I think simplicity works better for a logo, moving any small 
 details into the background.  Using this kind of tactic I think 
 works well - for instance, a lot of people still wear their 
 DConf 2012 shirts on a weekly basis.
What do these shirts look like?
Oct 29 2015
next sibling parent Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
On 29 October 2015 at 10:38, ponce via Digitalmars-d-announce <
digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com> wrote:

 On Thursday, 29 October 2015 at 08:41:53 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

 I think simplicity works better for a logo, moving any small details into
 the background.  Using this kind of tactic I think works well - for
 instance, a lot of people still wear their DConf 2012 shirts on a weekly
 basis.
What do these shirts look like?
Had to do some digging up of old archives to find this. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rk95qla7z4nsi8s/tshirt_4b.png
Oct 29 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
On 29 October 2015 at 11:38, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw gdcproject.org> wrote:

 On 29 October 2015 at 10:38, ponce via Digitalmars-d-announce <
 digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com> wrote:

 On Thursday, 29 October 2015 at 08:41:53 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

 I think simplicity works better for a logo, moving any small details
 into the background.  Using this kind of tactic I think works well - for
 instance, a lot of people still wear their DConf 2012 shirts on a weekly
 basis.
What do these shirts look like?
Had to do some digging up of old archives to find this. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rk95qla7z4nsi8s/tshirt_4b.png
Not saying you should re-use this design, but notice how the 'DConf' logo is the most unremarkable part of it. :-)
Oct 29 2015
parent ponce <contact gamesfrommars.fr> writes:
On Thursday, 29 October 2015 at 10:41:42 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 Not saying you should re-use this design, but notice how the 
 'DConf' logo is the most unremarkable part of it. :-)
I'm aware my proposal is too over-the-top, detracts from the point being made (what? where? when?). It will get patched.
Oct 29 2015
prev sibling parent reply Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce <
digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com> wrote:

 What do these shirts look like?
Had to do some digging up of old archives to find this. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rk95qla7z4nsi8s/tshirt_4b.png
Not saying you should re-use this design, but notice how the 'DConf' logo is the most unremarkable part of it. :-)
My 2 cents: The D Conference logo should be reminiscent of the D logo, as should the D Foundation logo. Since the D Foundation is only just established there is an opportunity to redesign the current logos for all three, and in so doing also draw attention to the fact that the D Foundation has been established. Most, if not all the logos that have stood the test of time are simple, clean and are easily recognizable in almost any size. The base of the current D logo fits these specs I think.
Oct 29 2015
parent reply ponce <contact gamesfrommars.fr> writes:
On Thursday, 29 October 2015 at 11:19:16 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
 Most, if not all the logos that have stood the test of time are 
 simple,
 clean and are easily recognizable in almost any size.
 The base of the current D logo fits these specs I think.
Unless I'm misunderstanding, DConf logo aren't intended to be reused over years. They don't need to stand the test of time like the D logo (which is a topic already discussed at length, let's not derail), so it was my understanding it could be a bit more "unsafe".
Oct 29 2015
parent Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 1:55 PM, ponce via Digitalmars-d-announce <
digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com> wrote:

 On Thursday, 29 October 2015 at 11:19:16 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:

 Most, if not all the logos that have stood the test of time are simple,
 clean and are easily recognizable in almost any size.
 The base of the current D logo fits these specs I think.
Unless I'm misunderstanding, DConf logo aren't intended to be reused over years. They don't need to stand the test of time like the D logo (which is a topic already discussed at length, let's not derail), so it was my understanding it could be a bit more "unsafe".
Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines that; at a glance it should be apparent that this is the same D as dlang.org, not that it should be the exact same. There must be some awesome things that are specific to Berlin, and possibly D in Berlin which could be used for the creative process. There are a couple of buildings: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architecture_in_Berlin The primary sponsor is Sociomantic could there be some creative inspiration there? https://www.sociomantic.com/blog/2014/06/top-10-ways-to-make-the-most-of-summer-sociomantic-style/#.VjIVyHwrLn0 These things can be used as inspiration I don't mean to distract or detract from your work, more like a friend of the community giving input that no-one has given as yet. Cheers, -Rory
Oct 29 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent reply anonymous <anonymous example.com> writes:
On 26.10.2015 00:59, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 On 10/25/15 8:04 AM, ponce wrote:
[...]
 Do you need a new logo this year? I would be happy to make another,
 better one.
Yes please! Forgot to mention that. Many thanks!! -- Andrei
I'm no designer, but I've had an idea for a logo. Here goes nothing: PNG: http://imgur.com/GX0HUFI SVG: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4ef7282dfec9ab327084 That thing on the left is of course Berlin's Fernsehturm (<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernsehturm_Berlin>), sending out some D vibes.
Oct 29 2015
parent David Gileadi <gileadis NSPMgmail.com> writes:
On 10/29/15 3:05 PM, anonymous wrote:
 On 26.10.2015 00:59, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 On 10/25/15 8:04 AM, ponce wrote:
[...]
 Do you need a new logo this year? I would be happy to make another,
 better one.
Yes please! Forgot to mention that. Many thanks!! -- Andrei
I'm no designer, but I've had an idea for a logo. Here goes nothing: PNG: http://imgur.com/GX0HUFI SVG: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4ef7282dfec9ab327084 That thing on the left is of course Berlin's Fernsehturm (<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernsehturm_Berlin>), sending out some D vibes.
Nice!
Oct 29 2015
prev sibling parent reply Jonas Drewsen <nospam4321 hotmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 25 October 2015 at 23:59:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu 
wrote:
 On 10/25/15 8:04 AM, ponce wrote:
 On Friday, 23 October 2015 at 16:37:20 UTC, Andrei 
 Alexandrescu wrote:
 http://dconf.org/2016/index.html
Do you need a new logo this year? I would be happy to make another, better one.
Yes please! Forgot to mention that. Many thanks!! -- Andrei
I gave it a shot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188292/g4421.png /Jonas
Oct 31 2015
parent reply Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 10/31/15 5:24 PM, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
 On Sunday, 25 October 2015 at 23:59:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 On 10/25/15 8:04 AM, ponce wrote:
 On Friday, 23 October 2015 at 16:37:20 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 http://dconf.org/2016/index.html
Do you need a new logo this year? I would be happy to make another, better one.
Yes please! Forgot to mention that. Many thanks!! -- Andrei
I gave it a shot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188292/g4421.png /Jonas
Many thanks to both you and ponce! This is great work. I have good news and bad news. The bad news is we won't likely be able to accept either of these proposals. The good news is Sociomantic wants to get behind the DConf logo design, more generally behind the dconf.org site design, and even more generally get more involved in helping the Foundation and the language. It will take their design team a bit longer to get things done, but they want to do it right. There's been considerable back and forth between Sociomantic and ourselves before choosing this path. One concern was that corporate intervention risks to stifle individual contributions such as Jonas' and ponce's. We concluded that we've been roughing it long enough so a bit of structured help is welcome. I am very sorry your work will not be used for the conference site. My hope is this decision will help the greater good. Thanks, Andrei
Oct 31 2015
next sibling parent ponce <contact gamesfrommars.fr> writes:
On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 02:41:37 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu 
wrote:
 There's been considerable back and forth between Sociomantic 
 and ourselves before choosing this path. One concern was that 
 corporate intervention risks to stifle individual contributions 
 such as Jonas' and ponce's. We concluded that we've been 
 roughing it long enough so a bit of structured help is welcome.


 Thanks,

 Andrei
Hey, no problem. The site wasn't quite good enough anyway and it's good to see Sociomantic endorsing D to that extent.
Nov 01 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent Jonas Drewsen <nospam4321 hotmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 02:41:37 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu 
wrote:
 On 10/31/15 5:24 PM, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
 [...]
Many thanks to both you and ponce! This is great work. I have good news and bad news. The bad news is we won't likely be able to accept either of these proposals. [...]
No worries - I just quickly threw something together that I though could do. Having an actual pro team behind this is great news!
Nov 01 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
On 1 November 2015 at 03:41, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com> wrote:

 On 10/31/15 5:24 PM, Jonas Drewsen wrote:

 On Sunday, 25 October 2015 at 23:59:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

 On 10/25/15 8:04 AM, ponce wrote:

 On Friday, 23 October 2015 at 16:37:20 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

 http://dconf.org/2016/index.html
Do you need a new logo this year? I would be happy to make another, better one.
Yes please! Forgot to mention that. Many thanks!! -- Andrei
I gave it a shot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188292/g4421.png /Jonas
Many thanks to both you and ponce! This is great work. I have good news and bad news. The bad news is we won't likely be able to accept either of these proposals. The good news is Sociomantic wants to get behind the DConf logo design, more generally behind the dconf.org site design, and even more generally get more involved in helping the Foundation and the language. It will take their design team a bit longer to get things done, but they want to do it right.
Does the design team know this yet? :-) Iain.
Nov 01 2015
next sibling parent reply Dicebot <public dicebot.lv> writes:
On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 19:28:48 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 Many thanks to both you and ponce! This is great work.

 I have good news and bad news. The bad news is we won't likely 
 be able to accept either of these proposals.

 The good news is Sociomantic wants to get behind the DConf 
 logo design, more generally behind the dconf.org site design, 
 and even more generally get more involved in helping the 
 Foundation and the language. It will take their design team a 
 bit longer to get things done, but they want to do it right.
Does the design team know this yet? :-) Iain.
Yes :)
Nov 01 2015
next sibling parent Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
On 11/1/15, Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com> wrote:
 Yes :)
Are they going to design some kick-ass T-shirts to go along with it too? :)
Nov 01 2015
prev sibling parent Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
On Sun, 2015-11-01 at 21:55 +0100, Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d-
announce wrote:
 On 11/1/15, Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
 <digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com> wrote:
 Yes :)
=20 Are they going to design some kick-ass T-shirts to go along with it too? :)
If they do, and they are long-body t-shirts, is there any chance of people buying them who will not be able to be at the conference? --=20 Russel. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder ekiga.n= et 41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel winder.org.uk London SW11 1EN, UK w: www.russel.org.uk skype: russel_winder
Nov 02 2015
prev sibling parent Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 11/01/2015 02:28 PM, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
 On 1 November 2015 at 03:41, Andrei Alexandrescu via
 Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com
 <mailto:digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com>> wrote:

     On 10/31/15 5:24 PM, Jonas Drewsen wrote:

         On Sunday, 25 October 2015 at 23:59:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
         wrote:

             On 10/25/15 8:04 AM, ponce wrote:

                 On Friday, 23 October 2015 at 16:37:20 UTC, Andrei
                 Alexandrescu wrote:


                     http://dconf.org/2016/index.html


                 Do you need a new logo this year? I would be happy to
                 make another,
                 better one.


             Yes please! Forgot to mention that. Many thanks!! -- Andrei


         I gave it a shot:

         https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188292/g4421.png

         /Jonas


     Many thanks to both you and ponce! This is great work.

     I have good news and bad news. The bad news is we won't likely be
     able to accept either of these proposals.

     The good news is Sociomantic wants to get behind the DConf logo
     design, more generally behind the dconf.org <http://dconf.org> site
     design, and even more generally get more involved in helping the
     Foundation and the language. It will take their design team a bit
     longer to get things done, but they want to do it right.


 Does the design team know this yet?  :-)
Affirmative. -- Andrei
Nov 01 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Laeeth Isharc <laeethnospam nospamlaeeth.com> writes:
On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 02:41:37 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu 
wrote:
 The good news is Sociomantic wants to ... more generally get 
 more involved in
 helping the Foundation and the language.
Hey - this is great news, and not a complete surprise for those of us reading between the lines ... (who else could the corporate sponsor have been ? ;) But are you and they going to send out a press release or something and announce it on Reddit and Hacker News? [BTW you mentioned a desire to have more lieutenants to do such things, and that's definitely a better way to organize things, but at the same time it's not that clear what the status of things is. Eg I waited for a while to post news of your leaving Facebook to reddit because I didn't know if you were ready]. I am speaking at codemesh on D tomorrow, and I don't want to take any risk in stealing the thunder by leaking it to a broader audience prematurely. Ie if you could be clearer in desired communications strategy that would help I think.
Nov 02 2015
parent Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 11/02/2015 07:42 PM, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
 On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 02:41:37 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 The good news is Sociomantic wants to ... more generally get more
 involved in
 helping the Foundation and the language.
Hey - this is great news, and not a complete surprise for those of us reading between the lines ... (who else could the corporate sponsor have been ? ;) But are you and they going to send out a press release or something and announce it on Reddit and Hacker News?
I'll have a meeting with them to discuss this topic among others.
 [BTW you mentioned a desire to have more lieutenants to do such things,
 and that's definitely a better way to organize things, but at the same
 time it's not that clear what the status of things is.  Eg I waited for
 a while to post news of your leaving Facebook to reddit because I didn't
 know if you were ready].
On the face of it any publicly available information can be posted to social news outlets by anyone. Apply good judgment to what's considered newsworthy etc. Then of course there are better times than others to post news (PST mornings are better, workdays are better, and Monday is better).
 I am speaking at codemesh on D tomorrow, and I don't want to take any
 risk in stealing the thunder by leaking it to a broader audience
 prematurely.
Good luck. Just have at it!
 Ie if you could be clearer in desired communications strategy that would
 help I think.
I'll think of refinements, but by and large if I announce it here, announce everywhere. Thanks, Andrei
Nov 03 2015
prev sibling parent reply Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 10/31/15 10:41 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 On 10/31/15 5:24 PM, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
 On Sunday, 25 October 2015 at 23:59:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 On 10/25/15 8:04 AM, ponce wrote:
 On Friday, 23 October 2015 at 16:37:20 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 http://dconf.org/2016/index.html
Do you need a new logo this year? I would be happy to make another, better one.
Yes please! Forgot to mention that. Many thanks!! -- Andrei
I gave it a shot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188292/g4421.png /Jonas
Many thanks to both you and ponce! This is great work. I have good news and bad news. The bad news is we won't likely be able to accept either of these proposals. The good news is Sociomantic wants to get behind the DConf logo design, more generally behind the dconf.org site design, and even more generally get more involved in helping the Foundation and the language. It will take their design team a bit longer to get things done, but they want to do it right. There's been considerable back and forth between Sociomantic and ourselves before choosing this path. One concern was that corporate intervention risks to stifle individual contributions such as Jonas' and ponce's. We concluded that we've been roughing it long enough so a bit of structured help is welcome. I am very sorry your work will not be used for the conference site. My hope is this decision will help the greater good. Thanks, Andrei
Well! About that: after talking things through with Sociomantic today, we thought it's best if we let the community design the DConf logo. Sociomantic's designers are quite busy through the end of the year, and the extant proposals aren't half bad. Sociomantic continues to be unwavering in its support for DConf and The D Language Foundation. They will design the T-shirts and the welcome package for the conference. So, while I'm away (I'll be traveling for most of this week), please let's vote on the two DConf logo proposals and choose one for http://dconf.org. Thanks, Andrei
Nov 03 2015
parent reply anonymous <anonymous example.com> writes:
On 04.11.2015 01:41, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 So, while I'm away (I'll be traveling for most of this week), please
 let's vote on the two DConf logo proposals and choose one for
 http://dconf.org.
I think you've missed mine which makes it three. 1) by ponce: Variant 1: https://github.com/p0nce/dconf.org/blob/master/2016/images/logo-sample.png Variant 2: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/p0nce/dconf.org/4f0f2b5be8ec2b06e3feb01d6472ec13a7be4e7c/2016/images/logo2-sample.png 2) by Jonas Drewsen: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188292/g4421.png 3) by me: PNG: http://imgur.com/GX0HUFI SVG: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4ef7282dfec9ab327084
Nov 03 2015
parent Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 11/4/15 7:48 AM, anonymous wrote:
 On 04.11.2015 01:41, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 So, while I'm away (I'll be traveling for most of this week), please
 let's vote on the two DConf logo proposals and choose one for
 http://dconf.org.
I think you've missed mine which makes it three. 1) by ponce: Variant 1: https://github.com/p0nce/dconf.org/blob/master/2016/images/logo-sample.png Variant 2: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/p0nce/dconf.org/4f0f2b5be8ec2b06e3feb01d6472ec13a7be4e7c/2016/images/logo2-sample.png 2) by Jonas Drewsen: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188292/g4421.png 3) by me: PNG: http://imgur.com/GX0HUFI SVG: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4ef7282dfec9ab327084
Sorry. Thanks! Let me start a separate thread with voting. -- Andrei
Nov 04 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Don <prosthetictelevisions teletubby.medical.com> writes:
On Friday, 23 October 2015 at 16:37:20 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu 
wrote:
 http://dconf.org/2016/index.html
Typo: "we're grateful to benefit of their hosting" should be "we're grateful to get the benefit of their hosting" or "we're grateful to benefit from their hosting".
Oct 26 2015
parent Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 10/26/2015 06:01 AM, Don wrote:
 On Friday, 23 October 2015 at 16:37:20 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 http://dconf.org/2016/index.html
Typo: "we're grateful to benefit of their hosting" should be "we're grateful to get the benefit of their hosting" or "we're grateful to benefit from their hosting".
Fixed, thanks! -- Andrei
Oct 26 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Andrea Fontana <nospam example.com> writes:
On Friday, 23 October 2015 at 16:37:20 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu 
wrote:
 Please join us at DConf 2016, the conference of the D 
 programming language in Berlin, Germany, May 4-6 2016.
Berlin. Germany. Europe. Yay just some hours off Venice :)
Oct 26 2015
parent reply guodemone <704975494 qq.com> writes:
sorry,My english is poot.

file asm.h

/*
是bootasm.S汇编文件所需要的头文件,主要是一些与X86保护模式的段访问方式相关的宏定义
*/

#ifndef __BOOT_ASM_H__
#define __BOOT_ASM_H__

/* Assembler macros to create x86 segments */

/* Normal segment */
#define SEG_NULLASM												\
	.word 0, 0;													\
	.byte 0, 0, 0, 0

#define SEG_ASM(type,base,lim)									\
	.word (((lim) >> 12) & 0xffff), ((base) & 0xffff);			\
	.byte (((base) >> 16) & 0xff), (0x90 | (type)),				\
		(0xC0 | (((lim) >> 28) & 0xf)), (((base) >> 24) & 0xff)


/* Application segment type bits */
#define STA_X		0x8		// 可执行
#define STA_E		0x4		// 向下扩展段(非可执行段)
#define STA_C		0x4		// 一致性代码段(只执行)
#define STA_W		0x2		// 段可写(非可执行段)
#define STA_R		0x2		// 段可读 (可执行段)
#define STA_A		0x1		// 可访问

#endif /* !__BOOT_ASM_H__ */

**********************************************************
file bootasm.S

# 定义并实现了bootloader最先执行的函数start,此函数进行了一定的初始化,完成了
# 从实模式到保护模式的转换,并调用bootmain.c中的bootmain函数

#include <asm.h>

# Start the CPU: switch to 32-bit protected mode, jump into C.
# The BIOS loads this code from the first sector of the hard disk 
into
# memory at physical address 0x7c00 and starts executing in real 
mode
# with %cs=0 %ip=7c00.

# gdt 全局描述符表内的数组索引
.set PROT_MODE_CSEG,		0x8						# kernel code segment selector
.set PROT_MODE_DSEG,		0x10					# kernel data segment selector
.set CR0_PE_ON,				0x1						# protected mode enable flag

.globl start
start:
.code16												# Assemble for 16-bit mode
	cli												# 禁用中断
	cld												# 字符串操作设定为递增 si++ di++
,cld的作用是将direct flag标志位清零

	# Set up the important data segment registers (DS, ES, SS).
	xorw %ax, %ax									# Segment number zero
	movw %ax, %ds									# -> Data Segment
	movw %ax, %es									# -> Extra Segment
	movw %ax, %ss									# -> Stack Segment

	# A20地址线控制打开工作
	# Enable A20:
	# 为了向后兼容早期的PC机,让物理地址线20接低电平
	# 如果A20是关闭的,16bit的寻址范围2^20是1M,如果是打开的,那么就是2^21次方,
	# 但是寻址还是FFFFh:FFFFh=FFFF0h+FFFFh=10FFEFh=1M+64K-16Bytes
seta20.1:
	inb $0x64, %al									# Wait for not busy
	testb $0x2, %al
	jnz seta20.1      #测试 bit 1
是不是为0,如果不是跳回去继续执行

	# 对于键盘的8042控制芯片 0x64是命令端口 0xd1 代表写命令
	movb $0xd1, %al									# 0xd1 -> port 0x64
	outb %al, $0x64

seta20.2:
	inb $0x64, %al									# Wait for not busy
	testb $0x2, %al
	jnz seta20.2

	# 设置写命令后 给0x60端口
发送命令数据0xdf就是打开A20地址线,0xdd就是关闭
	movb $0xdf, %al									# 0xdf -> port 0x60
	outb %al, $0x60

	# 转入保护模式,这里需要指定一个临时的GDT,来翻译逻辑地址。
	# 这里使用的GDT通过gdtdesc段定义,它翻译得到的物理地址和虚拟地址相同,
	# 所以转换过程中内存映射不会改变
	lgdt gdtdesc									#
启动保护模式前建立好的段描述符合段描述符表
	
	# 打开保护模式标志位,相当于按下了保护模式的开关。
	# cr0寄存器的第0位就是这个开关,通过CR0_PE_ON或cr0寄存器,将第0位置1
	movl %cr0, %eax
	orl $CR0_PE_ON, %eax
	movl %eax, %cr0

	# 由于上面的代码已经打开了保护模式了,所以这里要使用逻辑地址,
	# 而不是之前实模式的地址了。这里用到了PROT_MODE_CSEG,
	# 他的值是0x8。根据段选择子的格式定义,0x8就翻译成:
  #      INDEX         TI     CPL
  #      0000 0000 0000 1          00      0
     # INDEX代表GDT中的索引,TI代表使用GDTR中的GDT,
CPL代表处于特权级。
	# PROT_MODE_CSEG选择子选择了GDT中的第1个段描述符。
	# 这里使用的gdt就是变量gdt,下面可以看到gdt的第1个段描述符的基地址是0x0000,
	# 所以经过映射后和转换前的内存映射的物理地址一样。
000:7C00=0x00007C00 0000:protcseg 
都是相对于物理内存0000基址的
	ljmp $PROT_MODE_CSEG, $protcseg

.code32												# Assemble for 32-bit mode
protcseg:
	# 重新初始化各个段寄存器。也就是采用平坦式内存方式,
	# 代码段同其它段都采用一个内存空间
	movw $PROT_MODE_DSEG, %ax						#
自定义数据段选择子,因为段选择子是16位的
	movw %ax, %ds									# -> DS: Data Segment
	movw %ax, %es									# -> ES: Extra Segment
	movw %ax, %fs									# -> FS
	movw %ax, %gs									# -> GS
	movw %ax, %ss									# -> SS: Stack Segment

	# 栈顶设定在start处,也就是地址0x7c00处,        # 低地址
0x0000    ^  此地址为栈基址 
0000
	# call函数将返回地址入栈,将控制权交给bootmain   #            
    /|\
	movl $0x0, %ebp                                  #
    |
	movl $start, %esp                                #
    |
	call bootmain                                    # 地址   0x7C00
  |  栈顶指针

	# bootmain 如果返回,就会在此处死循环,但是目前的bootmain的函数不会返回了,因为他内部就会死循环
spin:
	jmp spin

# 注意以下数据结构
# Bootstrap GDT
.p2align 2											# 调整为4字节对齐
# 3个段描述符,每个段描述符占8字节,共24字节
# gdtdesc指出了全局描述符表(可以看成是段描述符组成的一个数组)的起始位置在gdt符号处,
# 而gdt符号处放置了三个段描述符的信息

# 第一个是NULL段描述符,没有意义,表示全局描述符表的开始
# 紧接着是代码段描述符(位于全局描述符表的0x8处的位置),具有可读(STA_R)和可执行(STA_X)的属性,
#   并且段起始地址为0,段大小为4GB;
# 接下来是数据段描述符(位于全局描述符表的0x10处的位置),具有可读(STA_R)和可写(STA_W)的属性,
#   并且段起始地址为0,段大小为4GB。
gdt:
	SEG_NULLASM										# null seg NULL段
	SEG_ASM(STA_X|STA_R, 0x0, 0xffffffff)			# code seg for 
bootloader and kernel CODE段
	SEG_ASM(STA_W, 0x0, 0xffffffff)					# data seg for bootloader 
and kernel DATA段

gdtdesc:
	.word 0x17										# sizeof(gdt) - 1 类似于数组
数组是0开始的,所以数组长度就要减1
	.long gdt										# address gdt

*****************************************************************************
file bootmain.c

/*
定义并实现了bootmain函数实现了通过屏幕、串口和并口显示字符串
*/

//#include <types.h>
//#include <x86.h>

#define COM1			0x3F8
#define CRTPORT			0x3D4
#define LPTPORT			0x378
#define COM_TX			0			// Out: Transmit buffer (DLAB=0)
#define COM_LSR			5			// In:  Line Status Register
#define COM_LSR_TXRDY	20			// Transmit buffer avail

static uint16_t *crt = (uint16_t *) 0xB8000;		// CGA memory

/* stupid I/O delay routine necessitated by historical PC design 
flaws */
static void
delay(void) {
	inb(0x84);
	inb(0x84);
	inb(0x84);
	inb(0x84);
}

/*
考虑到简单性,在proj1中没有对并口设备进行初始化,通过并口进行输出的过程也很简单:
第一步:执行inb指令读取并口的I/O地址(LPTPORT +
1)的值,如果发现发现读出的值代表并口忙,
则空转一小会再读;
如果发现发现读出的值代表并口空闲,则执行outb指令把字符写到并口
I/O地址(LPTPORT ),
这样就完成了一个字符的并口输出。
*/
/* lpt_putc - copy console output to parallel port */
static void
lpt_putc(int c) {
	int i;
	for (i = 0; !(inb(LPTPORT + 1) & 0x80) && i < 12800; i ++) {
		delay();
	}
	outb(LPTPORT + 0, c);
	outb(LPTPORT + 2, 0x08 | 0x04 | 0x01);
	outb(LPTPORT + 2, 0x08);
}

/*
通过CGA显示控制器进行输出的过程也很简单:首先通过in/out指令获取当前光标位置;
然后根据得到的位置计算出显存的地址,直接通过访存指令写内存来完成字符的输出;
最后通过in/out指令更新当前光标位置。
*/
/* cga_putc - print character to console */
static void
cga_putc(int c) {
	int pos;

	// cursor position: col + 80*row.
	outb(CRTPORT, 14);
	pos = inb(CRTPORT + 1) << 8;
	outb(CRTPORT, 15);
	pos |= inb(CRTPORT + 1);

	if (c == '\n') {
		pos += 80 - pos % 80;
	}
	else {
		crt[pos ++] = (c & 0xff) | 0x0700;
	}

	outb(CRTPORT, 14);
	outb(CRTPORT + 1, pos >> 8);
	outb(CRTPORT, 15);
	outb(CRTPORT + 1, pos);
}

/*
通过串口进行输出的过程也很简单:第一步:执行inb指令读取串
的I/O地址(COM1 + COM_LSR)的值,
如果发现发现读出的值代表串口忙,则空转一小会(0x84是什么地址???);
如果发现发现读出的值代表串口空闲,则执行outb指令把字符写到串
的I/O地址(COM1 + COM_TX),
这样就完成了一个字符的串口输出。
*/
/* serial_putc - copy console output to serial port */
static void
serial_putc(int c) {
     int i;
	for (i = 0; !(inb(COM1 + COM_LSR) & COM_LSR_TXRDY) && i < 12800; 
i ++) {
		delay();
	}
	outb(COM1 + COM_TX, c);
}

/* 显示字符的函数接口*/
/* 一个cons_putc函数接口,完成字符的输出*/
/* cons_putc - print a single character to console*/
static void
cons_putc(int c) {
	lpt_putc(c);
	cga_putc(c);
	serial_putc(c);
}

/* 提供了一个cons_puts函数接口:完成字符串的输出*/
/* cons_puts - print a string to console */
static void
cons_puts(const char *str) {
	int i;
	for (i = 0; *str != '\0'; i ++) {
		cons_putc(*str ++);
	}
}

/* bootmain - the entry of bootloader */
void
bootmain(void) {
	cons_puts("This is a bootloader: Hello world!!");

	/* do nothing */
	while (1);
}

***************************************************
These codes(asm.h bootasm.S bootmain.c) trans to (asm.h bootasm.S 
bootmain.d).

ldc -c asm.h bootasm.S bootmain.d

ld bootasm.o bootmain.o of outbin.o
Oct 26 2015
next sibling parent reply guodemone <704975494 qq.com> writes:
kill C,kill C++,only D

I like D,so to build OS(Dlang).but dmd,gdc,ldc.

There is no example of a method to write OS(bootloader,)Including 
compiled, linked fashion
Oct 26 2015
next sibling parent reply Adam D. Ruppe <destructionator gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 26 October 2015 at 15:54:52 UTC, guodemone wrote:
 There is no example of a method to write 
 OS(bootloader,)Including compiled, linked fashion
Chapter 11 of my book https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/d-cookbook shows how you can get started. Though the runtime requirements have probably changed since then, so it may not work exactly as presented. Starting example code here: http://arsdnet.net/dcode/book/chapter_11/01/
Oct 26 2015
parent guodemone <704975494 qq.com> writes:
glg glg-virtual-machine:~/桌面/01$ make
gcc -m32 -c multiboot.S -o multiboot.o
dmd -c -m32 test.d object.d -defaultlib= -noboundscheck -release
Error: no constructor for Error
Error: no constructor for Error
Makefile:2: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 1

why?
Oct 27 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent reply guodemone <704975494 qq.com> writes:
I like D.
Oct 26 2015
parent guodemone <704975494 qq.com> writes:
Let hobby into a need, let your D language into university 
tutorial(of china).
Coffee is grown out(no), but drink out(yes).
Relative to his popularity
Oct 26 2015
prev sibling parent reply Meta <jared771 gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 26 October 2015 at 15:54:52 UTC, guodemone wrote:
 kill C,kill C++,only D

 I like D,so to build OS(Dlang).but dmd,gdc,ldc.

 There is no example of a method to write 
 OS(bootloader,)Including compiled, linked fashion
欢迎你!谢谢你的问题。请你抄写这个问题在这儿:http://forum.dlang.org/group/learn 对不起我说中文说得不好
Oct 26 2015
parent guodemone <704975494 qq.com> writes:
非常感谢,希望DLang可以进入中国的大学,那样Dlang会更有前途,我在为这个目标努力着。
Oct 27 2015
prev sibling parent reply Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
On 26 Oct 2015 4:50 pm, "guodemone via Digitalmars-d-announce" <
digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com> wrote:
 sorry,My english is poot.

 file asm.h
This is for D.learn, I'd suggest asking there (probably putting your code on a pastebin site to link in).
Oct 26 2015
parent reply Walter Bright <newshound2 digitalmars.com> writes:
On 10/26/2015 10:19 AM, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
 This is for D.learn, I'd suggest asking there (probably putting your code on a
 pastebin site to link in).
Does pastebin code last forever? If it is ephemeral, it'd be better to include it in the posting.
Oct 26 2015
parent guodemone <704975494 qq.com> writes:
I will continue to complete the OS with Dlang.
I will tell a lot of Chinese programmers how to write easy to use 
Dlang OS is fast.
I sincerely wish Dlang.

我会继续用D来完成这个OS。
我要告诉所有的中国程序员,用D去完成一个OS是多么的快捷、方便。
我衷心的祝福D语言。
Oct 27 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent nazriel <spam dzfl.pl> writes:
On Friday, 23 October 2015 at 16:37:20 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu 
wrote:
 Please join us at DConf 2016, the conference of the D 
 programming language in Berlin, Germany, May 4-6 2016.

 [...]
Awesome that it is happening in Europe! See ya soon then! :)
Oct 28 2015
prev sibling parent reply Daniel Kozak via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
Wow, I can't wait :-). One question, when I would be able to make a
registration?

Dne 23. 10. 2015 18:40 napsal u=C5=BEivatel "Andrei Alexandrescu via
Digitalmars-d-announce" <digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com>:
 Please join us at DConf 2016, the conference of the D programming
language in Berlin, Germany, May 4-6 2016.
 We're very very excited to hold DConf under Sociomantic's sponsorship in
their neck of the woods=E2=80=94Berlin, one of Europe's premier technology = hotbeds. Sociomantic has been a long-time supporter and user of D and we're grateful to benefit of their hosting.
 The D programming language has continued to grow strongly through 2015 in
both use and development participation. The fledgling D Language Foundation is poised to lead and organize the community better than ever before. DConf is the main face-to-face event for everyone and everything related to the D language and environment. The 2016 edition will be held in premiere in Europe, on the heels of strong D adoption throughout the Old Continent. We're gearing for our largest event yet!
 Call for Submissions

 We are looking forward to your submission for a paper, talk, demo, or
panel for DConf 2016. The topics of choice are anything and everything related to the D language. For more details, check the conference page:
 http://dconf.org/2016/index.html
Oct 28 2015
parent reply Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 10/28/2015 06:10 PM, Daniel Kozak via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
 Wow, I can't wait :-). One question, when I would be able to make a
 registration?
Soon enough - probably by the end of next week. -- Andrei
Oct 28 2015
parent Daniel =?UTF-8?B?S296w6Fr?= via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
V Wed, 28 Oct 2015 18:13:15 -0400
Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com> napsáno:

 On 10/28/2015 06:10 PM, Daniel Kozak via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
 Wow, I can't wait :-). One question, when I would be able to make a
 registration?  
Soon enough - probably by the end of next week. -- Andrei
Perfect :)
Oct 28 2015