www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - Announcing Planet D

reply "Anders Bergh" <anders1 gmail.com> writes:
Hi,

I've set up an installation of Planet Planet[1] called "Planet D" at
http://planet.dprogramming.com/ .

I've added quite a few feeds already, but if you have a blog and you
aren't on the list I'll gladly add you, if you drop me a line with a
link to the feed.

[1] http://www.planetplanet.org/

-- 
Anders
Jun 28 2007
next sibling parent reply Walter Bright <newshound1 digitalmars.com> writes:
Anders Bergh wrote:
 I've set up an installation of Planet Planet[1] called "Planet D" at
 http://planet.dprogramming.com/ .

The URL appears to be dead.
Jun 28 2007
parent reply Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar igesund.net> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:

 Anders Bergh wrote:
 I've set up an installation of Planet Planet[1] called "Planet D" at
 http://planet.dprogramming.com/ .

The URL appears to be dead.

It works for me, but it was troublesome earlier. I think it's possibly due to DNS update latencys? -- Lars Ivar Igesund blog at http://larsivi.net DSource, #d.tango & #D: larsivi Dancing the Tango
Jun 28 2007
parent reply Sean Kelly <sean f4.ca> writes:
Anders Bergh wrote:
 On 6/28/07, Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar igesund.net> wrote:
 Walter Bright wrote:

 Anders Bergh wrote:
 I've set up an installation of Planet Planet[1] called "Planet D" at
 http://planet.dprogramming.com/ .

The URL appears to be dead.

It works for me, but it was troublesome earlier. I think it's possibly due to DNS update latencys?

Don't know, I haven't had problems so far... but http://www.planet.dprogramming.com/ might work. I have no idea why it works for some people and not for others.

It's been back and forth for me. Worked yesterday, not this morning (when Walter posted), and it works again now. If I can't access it again later I'll let you know. Sean
Jun 28 2007
parent reply Walter Bright <newshound1 digitalmars.com> writes:
Sean Kelly wrote:
 Anders Bergh wrote:
 On 6/28/07, Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar igesund.net> wrote:
 Walter Bright wrote:

 Anders Bergh wrote:
 I've set up an installation of Planet Planet[1] called "Planet D" at
 http://planet.dprogramming.com/ .

The URL appears to be dead.

It works for me, but it was troublesome earlier. I think it's possibly due to DNS update latencys?

Don't know, I haven't had problems so far... but http://www.planet.dprogramming.com/ might work. I have no idea why it works for some people and not for others.

It's been back and forth for me. Worked yesterday, not this morning (when Walter posted), and it works again now. If I can't access it again later I'll let you know.

Both links are dead for me at the time of this posting.
Jun 28 2007
parent reply Myron Alexander <someone somewhere.com> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:
 Sean Kelly wrote:
 Anders Bergh wrote:
 On 6/28/07, Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar igesund.net> wrote:
 Walter Bright wrote:

 Anders Bergh wrote:
 I've set up an installation of Planet Planet[1] called "Planet D" at
 http://planet.dprogramming.com/ .

The URL appears to be dead.

It works for me, but it was troublesome earlier. I think it's possibly due to DNS update latencys?

Don't know, I haven't had problems so far... but http://www.planet.dprogramming.com/ might work. I have no idea why it works for some people and not for others.

It's been back and forth for me. Worked yesterday, not this morning (when Walter posted), and it works again now. If I can't access it again later I'll let you know.

Both links are dead for me at the time of this posting.

Just tried http://planet.dprogramming.com/. Works.
Jun 28 2007
parent reply BCS <ao pathlink.com> writes:
Reply to Myron,

 Just tried http://planet.dprogramming.com/. Works.
 

ping can't get DNS for me (and I did get through to it a while ago)
Jun 28 2007
parent reply "Chris Miller" <chris dprogramming.com> writes:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:48:03 -0400, BCS <ao pathlink.com> wrote:

 Reply to Myron,

 Just tried http://planet.dprogramming.com/. Works.

ping can't get DNS for me (and I did get through to it a while ago)

It's the same name server I've been using for ages; but I just started setting up another one, will switch soon. Has anyone had such issues accessing dprogramming.com? - Chris
Jun 28 2007
parent Mike Parker <aldacron71 yahoo.com> writes:
Chris Miller wrote:
 On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:48:03 -0400, BCS <ao pathlink.com> wrote:
 
 Reply to Myron,

 Just tried http://planet.dprogramming.com/. Works.

ping can't get DNS for me (and I did get through to it a while ago)

It's the same name server I've been using for ages; but I just started setting up another one, will switch soon. Has anyone had such issues accessing dprogramming.com? - Chris

For two days I've been consistently unable to connect to the planet subdomain, but dprogramming.com works fine.
Jun 28 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent "Anders Bergh" <anders1 gmail.com> writes:
On 6/28/07, Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar igesund.net> wrote:
 Walter Bright wrote:

 Anders Bergh wrote:
 I've set up an installation of Planet Planet[1] called "Planet D" at
 http://planet.dprogramming.com/ .

The URL appears to be dead.

It works for me, but it was troublesome earlier. I think it's possibly due to DNS update latencys?

Don't know, I haven't had problems so far... but http://www.planet.dprogramming.com/ might work. I have no idea why it works for some people and not for others. -- Anders
Jun 28 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Chris Miller" <chris dprogramming.com> writes:
DNS issue should be fixed:
    http://planet.dprogramming.com/
Let me know if it's still not working for you.

The problem seemed to be that only one of my name servers had the  
appropriate information, so it depended on which one you were accessing  
(primary / backup). The service I was using should have updated both but  
it didn't, but now I'm moved to another.

- Chris
Jul 01 2007
parent reply Walter Bright <newshound1 digitalmars.com> writes:
Chris Miller wrote:
 DNS issue should be fixed:
    http://planet.dprogramming.com/
 Let me know if it's still not working for you.
 
 The problem seemed to be that only one of my name servers had the 
 appropriate information, so it depended on which one you were accessing 
 (primary / backup). The service I was using should have updated both but 
 it didn't, but now I'm moved to another.

It's working now, great! Can I suggest that for your page template you use the phrase "D programming language" so it gets on each page? The reason is so that I can recommend that people search for "D programming language" in google to look for D stuff. Also, please replace "D programming languages" with "D programming language" for the tags thing.
Jul 02 2007
parent reply Walter Bright <newshound1 digitalmars.com> writes:
Anders Bergh wrote:
 On 7/2/07, Walter Bright <newshound1 digitalmars.com> wrote:
 Can I suggest that for your page template you use the phrase "D
 programming language" so it gets on each page? The reason is so that I
 can recommend that people search for "D programming language" in google
 to look for D stuff.

There, I've added a link to http://digitalmars.com/d.

Thanks!
 Also, please replace "D programming languages" with "D programming
 language" for the tags thing.

That's something that the bloggers will have to do, I can't do anything about that.

Ok.
Jul 02 2007
parent reply Mike Parker <aldacron71 yahoo.com> writes:
Walter Bright wrote:

 
 Also, please replace "D programming languages" with "D programming
 language" for the tags thing.

That's something that the bloggers will have to do, I can't do anything about that.

Ok.

That was a typo. 295 posts on my blog and that's the one that gets your attention!
Jul 02 2007
parent Walter Bright <newshound1 digitalmars.com> writes:
Mike Parker wrote:
 Walter Bright wrote:
 
 Also, please replace "D programming languages" with "D programming
 language" for the tags thing.

That's something that the bloggers will have to do, I can't do anything about that.

Ok.

That was a typo. 295 posts on my blog and that's the one that gets your attention!

It was right on top!
Jul 02 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent "Anders Bergh" <anders1 gmail.com> writes:
On 7/2/07, Walter Bright <newshound1 digitalmars.com> wrote:
 It's working now, great!

 Can I suggest that for your page template you use the phrase "D
 programming language" so it gets on each page? The reason is so that I
 can recommend that people search for "D programming language" in google
 to look for D stuff.

There, I've added a link to http://digitalmars.com/d.
 Also, please replace "D programming languages" with "D programming
 language" for the tags thing.

That's something that the bloggers will have to do, I can't do anything about that. -- Anders
Jul 02 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent Pragma <ericanderton yahoo.removeme.com> writes:
Anders Bergh wrote:
 Hi,
 
 I've set up an installation of Planet Planet[1] called "Planet D" at
 http://planet.dprogramming.com/ .
 
 I've added quite a few feeds already, but if you have a blog and you
 aren't on the list I'll gladly add you, if you drop me a line with a
 link to the feed.
 
 [1] http://www.planetplanet.org/
 

Just... awesome. I was hoping someone would set up something like this. -- - EricAnderton at yahoo
Jul 03 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent Thomas Brix Larsen <brix brix-verden.dk> writes:
Anders Bergh wrote:

 Hi,
 
 I've set up an installation of Planet Planet[1] called "Planet D" at
 http://planet.dprogramming.com/ .
 
 I've added quite a few feeds already, but if you have a blog and you
 aren't on the list I'll gladly add you, if you drop me a line with a
 link to the feed.
 
 [1] http://www.planetplanet.org/
 

Hmm I can see GNOME in the planetarium, but no KDE. :P http://planetkde.org/ - Brix
Jul 03 2007
prev sibling parent "Anders Bergh" <anders1 gmail.com> writes:
Default links, I didn't add them... but I guess adding a link to
Planet KDE would be okay :-)

On 7/4/07, Thomas Brix Larsen <brix brix-verden.dk> wrote:
 Anders Bergh wrote:

 Hi,

 I've set up an installation of Planet Planet[1] called "Planet D" at
 http://planet.dprogramming.com/ .

 I've added quite a few feeds already, but if you have a blog and you
 aren't on the list I'll gladly add you, if you drop me a line with a
 link to the feed.

 [1] http://www.planetplanet.org/

Hmm I can see GNOME in the planetarium, but no KDE. :P http://planetkde.org/ - Brix

-- Anders
Jul 03 2007