www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - Ali Cehrili on D Ranges at D Conference 2012

reply Walter Bright <newshound2 digitalmars.com> writes:
Elements of containers (and pseudo-containers) are accessed by the range 
abstraction of D. D's InputRange, ForwardRange, BidirectionalRange, 
RandomAccessRange, and OutputRange are sufficient to connect many types of 
containers and many types of algorithms.

Most modules of Phobos, including std.range, provide algorithms and ranges that 
make programs consistent, fast, and easy to maintain.

-- http://astoriaseminar.com/sessions.html
May 27 2012
parent reply =?UTF-8?B?QWxpIMOHZWhyZWxp?= <acehreli yahoo.com> writes:
On 05/27/2012 01:12 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
 Elements of containers (and pseudo-containers) are accessed by the range
 abstraction of D. D's InputRange, ForwardRange, BidirectionalRange,
 RandomAccessRange, and OutputRange are sufficient to connect many types
 of containers and many types of algorithms.

 Most modules of Phobos, including std.range, provide algorithms and
 ranges that make programs consistent, fast, and easy to maintain.

 -- http://astoriaseminar.com/sessions.html

Great! :) Walter, there is a typo in my last name and it's not the first letter. ;) Ali -- D Programming Language Tutorial: http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/index.html
May 27 2012
next sibling parent reply Walter Bright <newshound2 digitalmars.com> writes:
On 5/27/2012 1:38 PM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
 Great! :) Walter, there is a typo in my last name and it's not the first
letter. ;)

OOPS! Fixed. What's the Unicode number for the first letter, so I can fix that, too? Is there an entity name for it?
May 27 2012
next sibling parent reply Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg gmx.com> writes:
On Sunday, May 27, 2012 14:01:09 Jonathan M Davis wrote:
 On Sunday, May 27, 2012 13:53:24 Walter Bright wrote:
 On 5/27/2012 1:38 PM, Ali =C3=87ehreli wrote:
 Great! :) Walter, there is a typo in my last name and it's not th=



 letter. ;)

OOPS! Fixed. =20 What's the Unicode number for the first letter, so I can fix that, =


 there an entity name for it?

According to this =20 import std.stdio; =20 void main() { writefln("%x", '=C3=87'); } =20 =20 it's \u00c7.

Having .d files be able to be UTF-8 combined with unicode support built= into=20 the language itself can be _very_ handy. - Jonathan M Davis
May 27 2012
parent Walter Bright <newshound2 digitalmars.com> writes:
On 5/27/2012 2:03 PM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
 Having .d files be able to be UTF-8 combined with unicode support built into
 the language itself can be _very_ handy.

I also love D's support for entities: http://dlang.org/entity.html I'm amazed this is not adopted by other languages. It is so damned convenient.
May 27 2012
prev sibling next sibling parent Walter Bright <newshound2 digitalmars.com> writes:
On 5/27/2012 2:01 PM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
 On Sunday, May 27, 2012 13:53:24 Walter Bright wrote:
 On 5/27/2012 1:38 PM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
 Great! :) Walter, there is a typo in my last name and it's not the first
 letter. ;)

What's the Unicode number for the first letter, so I can fix that, too? Is there an entity name for it?

According to this import std.stdio; void main() { writefln("%x", 'Ç'); } it's \u00c7. - Jonathan M Davis

Thanks! Checking it out, there's an entity for it: &Ccedil; Fixed the web pages.
May 27 2012
prev sibling parent reply =?UTF-8?B?QWxpIMOHZWhyZWxp?= <acehreli yahoo.com> writes:
On 05/27/2012 01:53 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
 On 5/27/2012 1:38 PM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
 Great! :) Walter, there is a typo in my last name and it's not the
 first letter. ;)

OOPS! Fixed. What's the Unicode number for the first letter, so I can fix that, too? Is there an entity name for it?

Thanks but the misspelling has overpowered the correct one: Now both the Speakers and the Sessions page has the wrong name! :D Also, there is a rogue "Ddoc" at the end of the speaker bio. About the letter, if you are using ddoc as I suspect, just copy paste the Ç into the ddoc source file. Both D and ddoc support Unicode. ;) Ali -- D Programming Language Tutorial: http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/index.html
May 27 2012
parent Walter Bright <newshound2 digitalmars.com> writes:
On 5/27/2012 2:15 PM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
 Thanks but the misspelling has overpowered the correct one: Now both the
 Speakers and the Sessions page has the wrong name! :D

 Also, there is a rogue "Ddoc" at the end of the speaker bio.

Alas! Someday, I might get this right. Fixed.
 About the letter, if you are using ddoc as I suspect, just copy paste the Ç
into
 the ddoc source file. Both D and ddoc support Unicode. ;)

I generally prefer using named entities, as some of my programs cannot deal with non-ascii. I've also had trouble with copy-pasta of these things, because I'll get the hex value for some random code page, rather than the Unicode code point.
May 27 2012
prev sibling next sibling parent Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg gmx.com> writes:
On Sunday, May 27, 2012 13:53:24 Walter Bright wrote:
 On 5/27/2012 1:38 PM, Ali =C3=87ehreli wrote:
 Great! :) Walter, there is a typo in my last name and it's not the =


 letter. ;)

=20 What's the Unicode number for the first letter, so I can fix that, to=

 there an entity name for it?

According to this import std.stdio; void main() { writefln("%x", '=C3=87'); } it's \u00c7. - Jonathan M Davis
May 27 2012
prev sibling parent Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 5/27/12 3:38 PM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
 On 05/27/2012 01:12 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
 Elements of containers (and pseudo-containers) are accessed by the range
 abstraction of D. D's InputRange, ForwardRange, BidirectionalRange,
 RandomAccessRange, and OutputRange are sufficient to connect many types
 of containers and many types of algorithms.

 Most modules of Phobos, including std.range, provide algorithms and
 ranges that make programs consistent, fast, and easy to maintain.

 -- http://astoriaseminar.com/sessions.html

Great! :) Walter, there is a typo in my last name and it's not the first letter. ;)

Also please make sure the "C" has a cedilla. Andrei
May 27 2012