digitalmars.D.announce - Helix and CanDyDOC release

reply Victor Nakoryakov <Victor_member pathlink.com> writes:
Hi all.

I've upload something named Helix recently. Actualy this is two projects. First
is Helix itself - applied mathematics routines library. It's small right now,
but will grow with time.

The second thing is something that I hope will be intresting for biger audience:
CanDyDOC. It is a set of .ddoc, .js and other files that provides ability to
generate advanced documentation htmls.

Learn more at http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki and
http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki/CandyDoc

There are few bugs in CanDyDOC and there are not all features I planned to do
are done. So for now CanDyDOC is my first priority. Any ideas and proposals are
welcome in project's forum.

--
Victor (aka nail) Nakoryakov
nail-mail[at]mail.ru

Krasnoznamensk, Moscow, Russi
Feb 22 2006
next sibling parent Oskar Linde <oskar.lindeREM OVEgmail.com> writes:
Victor Nakoryakov skrev:

 CanDyDOC. It is a set of .ddoc, .js and other files that provides ability to
 generate advanced documentation htmls.
I am really impressed. Nice work! /Oskar
Feb 22 2006
prev sibling next sibling parent "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> writes:
Im totally amazed.  This is better than any documentation ive ever seen!!

And I love the name!

"Victor Nakoryakov" <Victor_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:dti0su$2b9i$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

prev sibling next sibling parent reply pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dti0su$2b9i$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Victor Nakoryakov says...
[...]

Victor, I like the screenshots, and the .ddoc code is really quite self-explanitory. Plus your HTML/JS/CSS code is impeccable. Great Job! Out of curiosity, do you have any ideas or concepts as how to handle cross-references within .ddoc generated documentation? I've traveled all the way down the XML/XSLT data path from .ddoc to get something hacked together, but maybe you have a more elegant solution in mind? - Eric Anderton at yahoo
Feb 22 2006
parent reply Victor Nakoryakov <nail-mail mail.ru> writes:
pragma wrote:
[...]

Thanx
 Out of curiosity, do you have any ideas or concepts as how to handle
 cross-references within .ddoc generated documentation?  I've traveled all the
 way down the XML/XSLT data path from .ddoc to get something hacked together,
but
 maybe you have a more elegant solution in mind?
I have clean vision on how to done something like 'bla bla bla see also $(REF mypackage.mymodule.myclass.mymethod)'. It can be acheived with some js tricks, and it is planned to done in next versions. Or did you mean something else like automatic reference in comments like 'bla bla bla see also mypackage.mymodule.myclass.mymethod', if so I have no ideas.
 - Eric Anderton at yahoo
BTW. I think automatic references and decisions are evil. In practice of documenting few thouthands lines of code I noticed that in 90% of cases I have to prepend words that is the same as currently described declaration name with _ to avoid their's highlighting. I think it is better to explicitly specify that I want word highlighting with macro or with enclosing it in backquotes for example. -- Victor (aka nail) Nakoryakov nail-mail [at] mail.ru Krasnoznamensk, Moscow, Russia
Feb 22 2006
parent reply pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dtiqmf$alg$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Victor Nakoryakov says...
pragma wrote:
[...]
Actually I was referring to something more like what javadoc output does, where each platform and user defined type (in method signatures and declarations) is a link to the referenced type. I've learned that the ddoc output scheme makes this a very hard problem to solve, and I was curious if you'd given it any thought. - Eric Anderton at yahoo
Feb 22 2006
 pragma wrote:
[...]
Maybe Walter could help here. It's pretty trivial task to do when you have all the symbol tables, etc. at hand when generating the documentation code. Otherwise you're going to end up doing a separate frontend for docs. -- Jari-Matti
Feb 22 2006
parent Victor Nakoryakov <nail-mail mail.ru> writes:
Jari-Matti Mäkelä wrote:

 Maybe Walter could help here. It's pretty trivial task to do when you
 have all the symbol tables, etc. at hand when generating the
 documentation code. Otherwise you're going to end up doing a separate
 frontend for docs.

Looks like it is an only simple (for us, not Walter :)) way to acomplish this. So it is necessary to have some implicit macro: 1) $(DDOC_LOOKUP MyFunction) should be expanded to something like mypackage.mymodule.MyTemplate.MyType.MyFunction.N where this path is full path to symbol passed as argument in current context and N is number of overload. 2) There should be redefinable macro $(DDOC_BACKQUOTE arg) which should be expanded when we enclose some expression (arg) in backuotes. 3) All types that are used in declarations should be implictly backuoted. Realising this 3 requests will lead to our problem solving. But for now full-featured cross references is realy big task. -- Victor (aka nail) Nakoryakov nail-mail [at] mail.ru Krasnoznamensk, Moscow, Russia
Feb 23 2006
prev sibling next sibling parent reply John Demme <me teqdruid.com> writes:
Victor Nakoryakov wrote:

 Hi all.

 I've upload something named Helix recently. Actualy this is two projects.
 First is Helix itself - applied mathematics routines library. It's small
 right now, but will grow with time.

 The second thing is something that I hope will be intresting for biger
 audience: CanDyDOC. It is a set of .ddoc, .js and other files that
 provides ability to generate advanced documentation htmls.

 Learn more at http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki and
 http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki/CandyDoc

 There are few bugs in CanDyDOC and there are not all features I planned to
 do are done. So for now CanDyDOC is my first priority. Any ideas and
 proposals are welcome in project's forum.

 --
 Victor (aka nail) Nakoryakov
 nail-mail[at]mail.ru

 Krasnoznamensk, Moscow, Russi
Looks great! Does it do class dependancy charts and links to type definitions yet? ~John Demme
John Demme wrote:
 Victor Nakoryakov wrote:

[...]

No charts yet. I think class dependancy graphs is some heritage of C++/doxygen past, but module dependance charts could be useful, I'll think about. Anyway there are foreground tasks, so this thing can be done in versions after 1.0 release.
 and links to type
 definitions yet?
Ammm... what did you mean exactly?
 ~John Demme
Victor Nakoryakov wrote:
 Looks great!  Does it do class dependancy charts
No charts yet. I think class dependancy graphs is some heritage of C++/doxygen past, but module dependance charts could be useful, I'll think about. Anyway there are foreground tasks, so this thing can be done in versions after 1.0 release.
 and links to type
 definitions yet?
Ammm... what did you mean exactly?
Essentially what I'm looking for is the ability to click my way around. That is, say you've got the following two classes: class A { } class B: A { void foo(A bar); } In the documentation for class B, I want the text saying that it inherits from A to be a link to the documentation for A. In the documentation for the method foo, I want a link to the documentation for A in the description of the parameter bar... doxygen does this, and it's infinitely valuable when looking through the Mango docs. ~John
John Demme wrote:
 Victor Nakoryakov wrote:

[...]
Aha,... See neighbour discussion branch. -- Victor (aka nail) Nakoryakov nail-mail [at] mail.ru Krasnoznamensk, Moscow, Russia
Feb 23 2006
prev sibling parent "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> writes:
[...]

Cool, Victor. And I like word AJAX these days :) Andrew.