digitalmars.D.announce - VSpluginD initial beta release

reply rsl <rsl_member pathlink.com> writes:
VSpluginD is plugin for Visual Studio 2005.
It is written in C# using VS SDK.

http://trac.dsource.org/projects/vsplugind/

It require VS Standard or above edition. not working in Express Edition.

Currently it support D Syntax Highlighing, BraceMatching, Basic Build operation.
Intellisense is incomplete, it complete only local/global declaration and
MemberCompletion for simple type like "struct vec3{float x,y,z;}"

VSpluginD will be open sourced. though I've not uploaded yet.
Anyone interested in Visual Studio plugin please help.
Jan 12 2006
next sibling parent reply Chris Lajoie <ctlajoie___remove___this___ ___gmail.com> writes:
rsl wrote:
 VSpluginD is plugin for Visual Studio 2005.
 It is written in C# using VS SDK.

 http://trac.dsource.org/projects/vsplugind/

 It require VS Standard or above edition. not working in Express Edition.

 Currently it support D Syntax Highlighing, BraceMatching, Basic Build
operation.
 Intellisense is incomplete, it complete only local/global declaration and
 MemberCompletion for simple type like "struct vec3{float x,y,z;}"

 VSpluginD will be open sourced. though I've not uploaded yet.
 Anyone interested in Visual Studio plugin please help.

Great start! I have been interested in something like this quite a while now. There have been a couple projects in the past that did this, but they were not open source, and were very incomplete (probably half what you have already). I considered doing it myself but I took one look at how MS does it in the VSIP SDK and gave up before I started :) But I didn't realize it was possible to do from C# code. I would be interested in contributing to the project once you add code to the trunk. Email me if you want: ctlajoie at gmail. Chris
Jan 13 2006
parent rsl <rsl_member pathlink.com> writes:
I have been interested in something like this quite a while now. There
have been a couple projects in the past that did this, but they were not
open source, and were very incomplete (probably half what you have
already). I considered doing it myself but I took one look at how MS
does it in the VSIP SDK and gave up before I started :)

I had developed VSpluginD in C++ before. but it require a lot of code and knowledge of COM. so I switch to develop in C#. VS SDK (formally called VSIP SDK) provide MPF(Managed Package Framework). it is relatively easy to develop VS language plugin. the drawback is, It only support VS2005, not working VS2002/2003. and It might be possible that entire source written in C#. It may be relatively slow than wrriten in native language in large project. VS SDK license have changed from 2005. it allow open source development explicitly.see new license in SDK installer.
I would be interested in contributing to the project
once you add code to the trunk.

I uploaded source zip to svn download area. see dsource.org forum for description. I've uploaded source zip to svn download area. see dsource.org forum for more details. In article <dq7s65$8uq$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Chris Lajoie says...

prev sibling next sibling parent Ivan Senji <ivan.senji_REMOVE_ _THIS__gmail.com> writes:
rsl wrote:
 VSpluginD is plugin for Visual Studio 2005.
 It is written in C# using VS SDK.

 http://trac.dsource.org/projects/vsplugind/

 It require VS Standard or above edition. not working in Express Edition.

 Currently it support D Syntax Highlighing, BraceMatching, Basic Build
operation.
 Intellisense is incomplete, it complete only local/global declaration and
 MemberCompletion for simple type like "struct vec3{float x,y,z;}"

Cool great start. I don't have time to test it in the next few days but I can't wait to give it a try.

 VSpluginD will be open sourced. though I've not uploaded yet.

Great!
 Anyone interested in Visual Studio plugin please help.

Jan 13 2006
prev sibling parent reply "Lionello Lunesu" <lio remove.lunesu.com> writes:
Great stuff!

Unfortunately I get the following error when trying to compile a newly
created D Project:

------ Build started: Project: Project2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
D Build Task...
Args = -of.\bin\Debug\Project2.exe -debug -g -od.\obj\Debug -w main.d
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\VSpluginD\VSpluginD.targets(172,5): Error:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the path
specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo
startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at VSpluginD.DMD.Execute()
Done building project "Project2.dproj" -- FAILED.
Build FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

If I dubble-click the error, it opens VSpluginD.targets and jumps to line
173:
 Sources=" (Compile)"

DMD.exe is in my path. I've added it also to the options under "VC++
Directories" / "Executable files", but same thing.

I really would love to help develop this plug-in futher, by the way!

Lio.
Jan 13 2006
next sibling parent reply Kyle Furlong <kylefurlong gmail.com> writes:
Lionello Lunesu wrote:
[...]

dmd there.
Jan 13 2006
parent "Lionello Lunesu" <lio remove.lunesu.com> writes:
"Kyle Furlong" <kylefurlong gmail.com> wrote in message
news:dq9070$190f$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Lio, I think its hard coded with the c:\dmd\bin\ path. Try putting your
 dmd there.

That's it! Thanks.
Jan 16 2006
prev sibling parent rsl <rsl_member pathlink.com> writes:
Sorry for inconvenience.
Current implementation hardcoded dmd compiler path and Phobos src path.

It need to be added option page something like "VSpluginD Settigs" at
[Option][Project&Solutoin] page.

Thanks for reporting that, I noticed forgetting to check invalid compiler path.
so, raw Exception message shown.

article <dq8h7r$sds$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Lionello Lunesu says...