www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

reply "GrandAxe" <wart hog.com> writes:
This is to inform the D Language community that the first viable 
general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It is called 
Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is at 
www.okeuvo.com.

Some of its capabilities are:

1. Ability to learn
2. Ability to analyse
3. Problem solving
4. Moral judgement
5. Ability to feel emotions
6. Free will
7. Consciousness
8. Self awareness

D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language with 
high level syntax and low capabilities, as well as excellent 
performance and being open source.

Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform for 
the standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration release is 
scheduled for the end of this month (September 2015). The 
demonstration release will comprehend English prose only, later 
releases will be able to process input from other languages, as 
well as sensory input.
OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.

To God be the Glory.

Asame Obiomah
Sep 02 2015
next sibling parent reply =?UTF-8?Q?Martin_Dra=c5=a1ar?= via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
Dne 2.9.2015 v 16:41 GrandAxe via Digitalmars-d-announce napsal(a):
 This is to inform the D Language community that the first viable genera=
l
 artificial algorithm is being written in D. It is called Organic Big
 data intelligence (OBI); the website is at www.okeuvo.com.
=20
 Some of its capabilities are:
=20
 1. Ability to learn
 2. Ability to analyse
 3. Problem solving
 4. Moral judgement
 5. Ability to feel emotions
 6. Free will
 7. Consciousness
 8. Self awareness
=20
 D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language with high
 level syntax and low capabilities, as well as excellent performance and=
 being open source.
=20
 Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform for the
 standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration release is scheduled fo=
r
 the end of this month (September 2015). The demonstration release will
 comprehend English prose only, later releases will be able to process
 input from other languages, as well as sensory input.
 OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.
=20
 To God be the Glory.
=20
 Asame Obiomah
Umm... not that I would not like an AI like this written in D, but this is probably the most extraordinary claim I have seen in some time. And no extraordinary evidence seems to be available. Also, points 4 - 8 scream SCAM! all around. Especially when there is no credible research linked to the name of Asame Obiomah. So, let's just hope that the linked page was not an attack vector and this is not jsut an elaborate social engineering :-) Martin
Sep 02 2015
parent reply "GrandAxe" <wart hog.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 15:14:12 UTC, Martin Drašar 
wrote:
 Dne 2.9.2015 v 16:41 GrandAxe via Digitalmars-d-announce 
 napsal(a):
 This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
 viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
 is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
 at www.okeuvo.com.
 
 Some of its capabilities are:
 
 1. Ability to learn
 2. Ability to analyse
 3. Problem solving
 4. Moral judgement
 5. Ability to feel emotions
 6. Free will
 7. Consciousness
 8. Self awareness
 
 D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language 
 with high level syntax and low capabilities, as well as 
 excellent performance and being open source.
 
 Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform 
 for the
 standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration release is 
 scheduled for
 the end of this month (September 2015). The demonstration 
 release will
 comprehend English prose only, later releases will be able to 
 process
 input from other languages, as well as sensory input.
 OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.
 
 To God be the Glory.
 
 Asame Obiomah
Umm... not that I would not like an AI like this written in D, but this is probably the most extraordinary claim I have seen in some time. And no extraordinary evidence seems to be available. Also, points 4 - 8 scream SCAM! all around. Especially when there is no credible research linked to the name of Asame Obiomah. So, let's just hope that the linked page was not an attack vector and this is not jsut an elaborate social engineering :-) Martin
Scam?! I haven't asked you for a farthing, so what nonsense are you talking about? Why not just wait until the end of September before you explore the limits of rudeness? On my website there is a picture I claim to be of myself at a ceremony to receive an award from Microsoft. Surely, it isn't that much of a stretch to ask Microsoft if they ever gave a certain Asame Obiomah an award, is it? After you have verified that, you can go a step further; no, go the whole hog; tell the police that someone is scamming the world with the term "patent pending" with which I refer to OBI at www.okeuvo.com. Surely, a "clever" sod like you would know that it is a crime to abuse the term "patent pending."
Sep 02 2015
next sibling parent reply Bill Baxter via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 10:10 AM, GrandAxe via Digitalmars-d-announce <
digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com> wrote:

 On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 15:14:12 UTC, Martin Dra=C5=A1ar wrote:

 Dne 2.9.2015 v 16:41 GrandAxe via Digitalmars-d-announce napsal(a):

 This is to inform the D Language community that the first viable genera=
l
 artificial algorithm is being written in D. It is called Organic Big da=
ta
 intelligence (OBI); the website is at www.okeuvo.com.

 Some of its capabilities are:

 1. Ability to learn
 2. Ability to analyse
 3. Problem solving
 4. Moral judgement
 5. Ability to feel emotions
 6. Free will
 7. Consciousness
 8. Self awareness

 D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language with high
 level syntax and low capabilities, as well as excellent performance and
 being open source.

 Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform for the
 standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration release is scheduled fo=
r
 the end of this month (September 2015). The demonstration release will
 comprehend English prose only, later releases will be able to process
 input from other languages, as well as sensory input.
 OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.

 To God be the Glory.

 Asame Obiomah
Umm... not that I would not like an AI like this written in D, but this is probably the most extraordinary claim I have seen in some time. And n=
o
 extraordinary evidence seems to be available.

 Also, points 4 - 8 scream SCAM! all around. Especially when there is no
 credible research linked to the name of Asame Obiomah.

 So, let's just hope that the linked page was not an attack vector and
 this is not jsut an elaborate social engineering :-)

 Martin
Scam?! I haven't asked you for a farthing, so what nonsense are you talking about?
FYI most scams start without asking for money. That usually comes later. You build up a reputation and buzz around your mechanical turk or perpetual motion machine or free energy device or whatever, then eventually make a pitch to investors to back you. --bb
Sep 02 2015
parent "Grand_Axe" <me you.dem> writes:
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 17:52:14 UTC, Bill Baxter wrote:
 FYI most scams start without asking for money.  That usually 
 comes later.

 You build up a reputation and buzz around your mechanical turk 
 or perpetual motion machine or free energy device or whatever, 
 then eventually make a pitch to investors to back you.

 --bb
The end of September is just 3 weeks away, the end result will speak for itself. For now, lets just be concerned that its being written in D.
Sep 06 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent =?UTF-8?Q?Martin_Dra=c5=a1ar?= via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
Dne 2.9.2015 v 19:10 GrandAxe via Digitalmars-d-announce napsal(a):
 Scam?! I haven't asked you for a farthing, so what nonsense are you
 talking about?
=20
 Why not just wait until the end of September before you explore the
 limits of rudeness?
That's just an observation based on experience with projects that promised the world, yet had not delivered. If your project turns out to be different, I'll be the first to apologize.
 On my website there is a picture I claim to be of myself at a ceremony
 to receive an award from Microsoft. Surely, it isn't that much of a
 stretch to ask Microsoft if they ever gave a certain Asame Obiomah an
 award, is it?
I have never doubted that you are who you say you are. I am not even doubting your award. Why would I? I am just saying that there is no credible research with your name on it.
 After you have verified that, you can go a step further; no, go the
 whole hog; tell the police that someone is scamming the world with the
 term "patent pending" with which I refer to OBI at www.okeuvo.com.
 Surely, a "clever" sod like you would know that it is a crime to abuse
 the term "patent pending."
I do not know that. Then again, I most likely live in a different country with different take on patents. Here it would probably be a civil issue, not a criminal one. Also, in a world of software, patents were awarded for a bunch of stupid things (see 1-click patent), so having a pending patent does not say that much. Martin
Sep 02 2015
prev sibling parent "Namal" <sotis22 mail.ru> writes:
 On my website there is a picture I claim to be of myself at a 
 ceremony to receive an award from Microsoft. Surely, it isn't 
 that much of a stretch to ask Microsoft if they ever gave a 
 certain Asame Obiomah an award, is it?
If there were any doubts left that this is a poor scam attempt then this should lift them completely.
Sep 03 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Rikki Cattermole <alphaglosined gmail.com> writes:
On 03/09/15 2:41 AM, GrandAxe wrote:
 This is to inform the D Language community that the first viable general
 artificial algorithm is being written in D. It is called Organic Big
 data intelligence (OBI); the website is at www.okeuvo.com.

 Some of its capabilities are:

 1. Ability to learn
 2. Ability to analyse
 3. Problem solving
 4. Moral judgement
 5. Ability to feel emotions
 6. Free will
 7. Consciousness
 8. Self awareness

 D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language with high
 level syntax and low capabilities, as well as excellent performance and
 being open source.

 Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform for the
 standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration release is scheduled for
 the end of this month (September 2015). The demonstration release will
 comprehend English prose only, later releases will be able to process
 input from other languages, as well as sensory input.
 OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.

 To God be the Glory.

 Asame Obiomah
That's quite a large set of features, considering the site still says 2014 for copyright I am sure it is worthy of being doubted. I on the other hand hope it is indeed real and will succeed! Would love to have my own digital personal assistant. Not that Cortana / Google Now really works for me. Humpth maybe my evil bytecode dreams for D may be a good use case for it. After all, I'm sure being able to evaluate code could be quite useful.
Sep 02 2015
next sibling parent reply "GrandAxe" <wart hog.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 15:20:13 UTC, Rikki Cattermole 
wrote:
 On 03/09/15 2:41 AM, GrandAxe wrote:
 This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
 viable general
 artificial algorithm is being written in D. It is called 
 Organic Big
 data intelligence (OBI); the website is at www.okeuvo.com.

 Some of its capabilities are:

 1. Ability to learn
 2. Ability to analyse
 3. Problem solving
 4. Moral judgement
 5. Ability to feel emotions
 6. Free will
 7. Consciousness
 8. Self awareness

 D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language 
 with high
 level syntax and low capabilities, as well as excellent 
 performance and
 being open source.

 Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform 
 for the
 standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration release is 
 scheduled for
 the end of this month (September 2015). The demonstration 
 release will
 comprehend English prose only, later releases will be able to 
 process
 input from other languages, as well as sensory input.
 OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.

 To God be the Glory.

 Asame Obiomah
That's quite a large set of features, considering the site still says 2014 for copyright I am sure it is worthy of being doubted. I on the other hand hope it is indeed real and will succeed! Would love to have my own digital personal assistant. Not that Cortana / Google Now really works for me. Humpth maybe my evil bytecode dreams for D may be a good use case for it. After all, I'm sure being able to evaluate code could be quite useful.
Thank you. Right now I am between countries, so my replies might be late some of the time. What I posted is real. No exaggeration. As for your "evil code", heheh, thats why the emphasis is on unnetworked personal devices, we don't need the Matrix. However, humanity now has a task to change its predatory ways, but that's another long involved discussion.
Sep 02 2015
parent "tired_eyes" <pastuhov85 gmail.com> writes:
 Asame Obiomah
It's a bit difficult to take serious SO huge plan, right now there is nothing except almost empty website. "Talk is cheap, show me the code!"
Sep 02 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent Walter Bright <newshound2 digitalmars.com> writes:
On 9/2/2015 8:20 AM, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
 Humpth maybe my evil bytecode dreams for D may be a good use case for it.
I'll be careful not to jeopardize the mission.
Sep 02 2015
prev sibling parent "Mike James" <foo bar.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 15:20:13 UTC, Rikki Cattermole 
wrote:
 On 03/09/15 2:41 AM, GrandAxe wrote:
[...]
To save time maybe I should send my bank details right now... Western Union anyone? -<mike>-
 [...]
That's quite a large set of features, considering the site still says 2014 for copyright I am sure it is worthy of being doubted. I on the other hand hope it is indeed real and will succeed! Would love to have my own digital personal assistant. Not that Cortana / Google Now really works for me. Humpth maybe my evil bytecode dreams for D may be a good use case for it. After all, I'm sure being able to evaluate code could be quite useful.
Sep 03 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Enamex" <enamex+d outlook.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
 This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
 viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
 is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
 at www.okeuvo.com.
Free will and consciousness? ... Not to be a jerk, but I thought we hadn't settled these problems yet as they apply to already existing sapient beings, which just happen to be us. I'm more amused than skeptical, to be honest, given the release date for a 'demonstration' if it's supposed to have even half of that list even 1/10th implemented.
Sep 02 2015
parent reply Nick Sabalausky <SeeWebsiteToContactMe semitwist.com> writes:
On 09/02/2015 11:27 AM, Enamex wrote:
 Free will and consciousness?

 ... Not to be a jerk, but I thought we hadn't settled these problems yet
 as they apply to already existing sapient beings, which just happen to
 be us. I'm more amused than skeptical, to be honest, given the release
 date for a 'demonstration' if it's supposed to have even half of that
 list even 1/10th implemented.
My thoughts exactly. Reminds me of a (print) article I came across one time. It was about the idea of AI consciousness, but the whole article was based on one hell of a gigantic assumption: That consciousness is a natural consequence of a sufficiently large neural net. It's a fine and interesting idea, but PURELY speculative, with zero evidence and not even any way of testing for evidence since, like you say, we can't even figure out the first thing about consciousness as it relates to ourselves and each other, let alone to machines.
Sep 03 2015
parent reply "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?= writes:
On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 15:20:27 UTC, Nick Sabalausky 
wrote:
 based on one hell of a gigantic assumption: That consciousness 
 is a natural consequence of a sufficiently large neural net. 
 It's a fine and interesting idea, but PURELY speculative, with 
 zero evidence and not even any way of testing for evidence 
 since, like you say, we can't even figure out the first thing 
 about consciousness as it relates to ourselves and each other, 
 let alone to machines.
Given a large enough table one could encode perceived human behaviour with a lookup-table... So all we need is a computer program that itself claims to possess consciousness. Would that be a scam? Maybe Asame Obiomah is a computer program claiming to be a man writing a computer program. Would that make it intelligent? Hm.
Sep 04 2015
parent reply "Chris" <wendlec tcd.ie> writes:
On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 09:15:16 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad 
wrote:
 On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 15:20:27 UTC, Nick Sabalausky 
 wrote:
 based on one hell of a gigantic assumption: That consciousness 
 is a natural consequence of a sufficiently large neural net. 
 It's a fine and interesting idea, but PURELY speculative, with 
 zero evidence and not even any way of testing for evidence 
 since, like you say, we can't even figure out the first thing 
 about consciousness as it relates to ourselves and each other, 
 let alone to machines.
Given a large enough table one could encode perceived human behaviour with a lookup-table... So all we need is a computer program that itself claims to possess consciousness. Would that be a scam? Maybe Asame Obiomah is a computer program claiming to be a man writing a computer program. Would that make it intelligent? Hm.
Maybe he'll come up with something that is more intelligent than your average tabloid reader :)))
Sep 04 2015
parent reply "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?= writes:
On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 10:11:18 UTC, Chris wrote:
 Maybe he'll come up with something that is more intelligent 
 than your average tabloid reader :)))
You should file a business-patent! That would be goldmine.
Sep 04 2015
parent reply "Chris" <wendlec tcd.ie> writes:
On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 10:43:32 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad 
wrote:
 On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 10:11:18 UTC, Chris wrote:
 Maybe he'll come up with something that is more intelligent 
 than your average tabloid reader :)))
You should file a business-patent! That would be goldmine.
Not really. A tabloid reader can be modeled like this: immutable TabloidReader tr = [ hate:fear, fear:hate ]; immutable Opinion ifYouAskMe(gibberish statement) safe { in { assert(statement == bullsh*t); } out(result) { assert(result == AbsoluteBullsh*t); } body { return "I'm not racist, but " ~ statement; } } So you just need something that is a bit more sophisticated ;)
Sep 04 2015
parent "tired_eyes" <pastuhov85 gmail.com> writes:
 Not really. A tabloid reader can be modeled like this:
Sounds like a plan. Going to make a website about it. Is this code patent-protected btw?
Sep 04 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent "Andrei Amatuni" <andrei.amatuni gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
 This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
 viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
 is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
 at www.okeuvo.com.

 Some of its capabilities are:

 1. Ability to learn
 2. Ability to analyse
 3. Problem solving
 4. Moral judgement
 5. Ability to feel emotions
 6. Free will
 7. Consciousness
 8. Self awareness
lmao
Sep 02 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent Steven Schveighoffer <schveiguy yahoo.com> writes:
On 9/2/15 10:41 AM, GrandAxe wrote:
 This is to inform the D Language community that the first viable general
 artificial algorithm is being written in D. It is called Organic Big
 data intelligence (OBI); the website is at www.okeuvo.com.

 Some of its capabilities are:

 1. Ability to learn
 2. Ability to analyse
 3. Problem solving
 4. Moral judgement
 5. Ability to feel emotions
 6. Free will
 7. Consciousness
 8. Self awareness
Yeah, but can it experience *lack* of self awareness, like most humans? -Steve
Sep 02 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent "Martins Avots" <splitcells gmx.de> writes:
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
 This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
 viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
 is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
 at www.okeuvo.com.
Which practical problems can it solve? Can it understand a CSP? Can it solve CSP instances? Which input format would be used? Which CSP instances can it solve?
Sep 02 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "anonymous" <a b.cd> writes:
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
 Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform for 
 the standard implementation of OBI.
What hardware/OS (if any) will you use? Depending on the answer: do you plan to submit PR to extend plattform support of the compiler as necessary? Compared to your agenda full D support on Android/iOS/bare metal may be easy... Anyway a large codebase may be a good compiler test for ARM (or whatever you use).
Sep 02 2015
parent reply "Grand_Axe" <me you.dem> writes:
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 21:13:12 UTC, anonymous wrote:
 On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
 Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform 
 for the standard implementation of OBI.
What hardware/OS (if any) will you use? Depending on the answer: do you plan to submit PR to extend plattform support of the compiler as necessary? Compared to your agenda full D support on Android/iOS/bare metal may be easy... Anyway a large codebase may be a good compiler test for ARM (or whatever you use).
A final target platform has not yet been settled, the main thrust right now is for a successful demo. However phone OS's such as Android (especially) and iOS have the potential to throw up nightmare security issues, therefore might not be candidates. Also the platform will need to be unnetworked which might knock out phone OS's. The demo will be PC based, after which it will be optimised for a number of target processors.
Sep 06 2015
parent "anonymous" <a b.cd> writes:
On Sunday, 6 September 2015 at 09:42:53 UTC, Grand_Axe wrote:
 On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 21:13:12 UTC, anonymous wrote:
 On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
 Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform 
 for the standard implementation of OBI.
What hardware/OS (if any) will you use? Depending on the answer: do you plan to submit PR to extend plattform support of the compiler as necessary? Compared to your agenda full D support on Android/iOS/bare metal may be easy... Anyway a large codebase may be a good compiler test for ARM (or whatever you use).
A final target platform has not yet been settled, the main thrust right now is for a successful demo. However phone OS's such as Android (especially) and iOS have the potential to throw up nightmare security issues, therefore might not be candidates. Also the platform will need to be unnetworked which might knock out phone OS's. The demo will be PC based, after which it will be optimised for a number of target processors.
Summary: 1. OBI uses big data 2. no network 3. portable Conclusion: OBI runs on a portable device with sufficient resources to process big data in realtime (I want OBI to answer immediately) - no laptop. I am looking forward for such a device - I want it as least as fast as a XEON cpu, 32 GB+ RAM and a battery life of at least several hours. I guess your demo will be some kind of console-based ELIZA. "emacs -> M-x doctor" is quite good:)
Sep 06 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent "BBasile" <bb.temp gmx.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
 This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
 viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
 is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
 at www.okeuvo.com.

 Some of its capabilities are:

 1. Ability to learn
 2. Ability to analyse
 3. Problem solving
 4. Moral judgement
 5. Ability to feel emotions
 6. Free will
 7. Consciousness
 8. Self awareness

 D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language 
 with high level syntax and low capabilities, as well as 
 excellent performance and being open source. God be the Glory.

 Asame Obiomah
It's you, you've made it: http://i.imgur.com/3Z10Dip.png I've always trusted you. always.
Sep 02 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d-announce writes:
On 9/2/15, GrandAxe via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce puremagic.com> wrote:
 This is to inform the D Language community that the first viable
 general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It is called
 Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is at
 www.okeuvo.com.
I rate this troll 8 / 10. Many keks were had. Much wow.
Sep 03 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent "The Old One" <first.last example.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
 This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
 viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
 is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
 at www.okeuvo.com.

 Some of its capabilities are:

 1. Ability to learn
 2. Ability to analyse
 3. Problem solving
 4. Moral judgement
 5. Ability to feel emotions
 6. Free will
 7. Consciousness
 8. Self awareness
Maybe we should create a new concept: Software from Nigeria. You only need a fashionable looking website with lofty promises, some googlable discussion on a forum for some obscure programming language, a mention of patents pending, and maybe an interview on some 2nd rate tech site. What else would you need for credibility to whet the appetite of amateur investors, lottery winners, or heirs. //// I am certain this is not the last time we will see this kind of "entrepreneurship". But it makes me sad to see D dragged into it.
Sep 03 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Guy Gervais" <ggervais videotron.ca> writes:
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
 This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
 viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
 is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
 at www.okeuvo.com.

 Some of its capabilities are:

 1. Ability to learn
 2. Ability to analyse
 3. Problem solving
 4. Moral judgement
 5. Ability to feel emotions
 6. Free will
 7. Consciousness
 8. Self awareness

 D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language 
 with high level syntax and low capabilities, as well as 
 excellent performance and being open source.

 Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform for 
 the standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration release is 
 scheduled for the end of this month (September 2015). The 
 demonstration release will comprehend English prose only, later 
 releases will be able to process input from other languages, as 
 well as sensory input.
 OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.

 To God be the Glory.

 Asame Obiomah
It's about time TempleOS got a bit of competition. The "consciously self-aware, morally judging OBI" VS. "the OS that talks with God". One of them might even cry (using the Emotions 0.91d module and the optional lawn sprinkler attachment).
Sep 04 2015
parent "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?= writes:
On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 10:28:07 UTC, Guy Gervais wrote:
 It's about time TempleOS got a bit of competition. The 
 "consciously self-aware, morally judging OBI" VS. "the OS that 
 talks with God". One of them might even cry (using the Emotions 
 0.91d module and the optional lawn sprinkler attachment).
Beware! The Holy Limit for TempleOS is 100.000 lines of code. I'm not exactly sure what happens when that limit is crossed, but I've heard that DMD is close.
Sep 04 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent torhu <no spam.invalid> writes:
On 02.09.2015 16:41, GrandAxe wrote:
 This is to inform the D Language community that the first viable
 general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It is called
 Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is at
 www.okeuvo.com.

 Some of its capabilities are:

 1. Ability to learn
 2. Ability to analyse
 3. Problem solving
 4. Moral judgement
 5. Ability to feel emotions
 6. Free will
 7. Consciousness
 8. Self awareness
Looks like the perfect controller software for my cold fusion powered housekeeper/cook android.
Sep 04 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent reply =?UTF-8?B?Ik3DoXJjaW8=?= Martins" <marcioapm gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
 This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
 viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
 is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
 at www.okeuvo.com.

 Some of its capabilities are:

 1. Ability to learn
 2. Ability to analyse
 3. Problem solving
 4. Moral judgement
 5. Ability to feel emotions
 6. Free will
 7. Consciousness
 8. Self awareness

 D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language 
 with high level syntax and low capabilities, as well as 
 excellent performance and being open source.

 Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform for 
 the standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration release is 
 scheduled for the end of this month (September 2015). The 
 demonstration release will comprehend English prose only, later 
 releases will be able to process input from other languages, as 
 well as sensory input.
 OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.

 To God be the Glory.

 Asame Obiomah
It seems to me that at least 5, 6 are counter-productive, and go against the goals stated in your website. Nevermind how difficulty it would be to implement them, it seems like you haven't thought this through carefully enough. On the other hand, I'm curious to know why you chose D to make this announcement?
Sep 04 2015
parent "Grand_Axe" <me you.dem> writes:
On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 20:48:54 UTC, Márcio Martins wrote:
 On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
 This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
 viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
 is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
 at www.okeuvo.com.

 Some of its capabilities are:

 1. Ability to learn
 2. Ability to analyse
 3. Problem solving
 4. Moral judgement
 5. Ability to feel emotions
 6. Free will
 7. Consciousness
 8. Self awareness

 D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language 
 with high level syntax and low capabilities, as well as 
 excellent performance and being open source.

 Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform 
 for the standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration 
 release is scheduled for the end of this month (September 
 2015). The demonstration release will comprehend English prose 
 only, later releases will be able to process input from other 
 languages, as well as sensory input.
 OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.

 To God be the Glory.

 Asame Obiomah
It seems to me that at least 5, 6 are counter-productive, and go against the goals stated in your website. Nevermind how difficulty it would be to implement them, it seems like you haven't thought this through carefully enough. On the other hand, I'm curious to know why you chose D to make this announcement?
Can you expand on why you say 5, 6 are counter-productive? Bear in mind that even in human society, free will itself is limited in a lot of ways; by laws, customs, traditions, emotions, patterns (eg form follows function) etc. It will be the same for machines. I chose D because of its capabilities (previously stated) as well as something I did not mention in my initial post; D is an open source, community effort not controlled by any major corporation; as much as is possible, strong AI should be owned by all so that it does not become a menace (cannot be overemphasised). On the shamelessly selfish side, the choice of D offers me the opportunity to finally learn D after skirting the prospect for a number of years. :) There is also the possibility that certain plugins will be written in C# since it has a robust query language implementation (LINQ) and is now open source too.
Sep 06 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Paul" <paul example.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:

 D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language 
 with high level syntax and low capabilities....
Er, low capabilities???
Sep 05 2015
next sibling parent "H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce" writes:
On Sat, Sep 05, 2015 at 03:17:40PM +0000, Paul via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
 On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
 
D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language with high
level syntax and low capabilities....
Er, low capabilities???
He probably meant *low-level* capabilities. T -- What is Matter, what is Mind? Never Mind, it doesn't Matter.
Sep 05 2015
prev sibling parent reply "jqb" <jqb somewhere.net> writes:
On Saturday, 5 September 2015 at 15:17:43 UTC, Paul wrote:
 On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:

 D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language 
 with high level syntax and low capabilities....
Er, low capabilities???
Obviously, he means low level, as opposed to "high level" ... close to the machine. I find it hard to imagine that anyone with an IQ higher than that of a turnip could fail to understand what he's saying there, or why he announced here (because, of course, it's a major project written in D). While the claims are grandiose, implausible, and invite skepticism, this fellow seems to know more than many his critics, some of whom are pointlessly rude and verging on racism with talk of "Nigerian software". The sensible thing is to just wait and see, expecting nothing. Perhaps we'll all be wildly surprised.
Sep 06 2015
next sibling parent "Ola Fosheim Grostad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang gmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 6 September 2015 at 22:49:17 UTC, jqb wrote:
 While the claims are grandiose, implausible, and invite 
 skepticism, this fellow seems to know more than many his 
 critics, some of whom are pointlessly rude and verging on 
 racism with talk of "Nigerian software". The sensible thing is 
 to just wait and see, expecting nothing. Perhaps we'll all be 
 wildly surprised.
There are computer games that present free will like behaviour: Little Computer People from the 80s and Creatures from the 90s. The latter used genetics and neural networks. But first release by the last quarter of 2016 makes the announcement a bit premature.
Sep 06 2015
prev sibling parent reply "burjui" <bytefu gmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 6 September 2015 at 22:49:17 UTC, jqb wrote:
 verging on racism with talk of "Nigerian software"
The term has nothing to do with racism. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/419_scams AFAIK, in Russia, my home, this type of scam is commonly known as "Nigerian letters": https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Нигерийские_письма I assume you're an American, because Americans are obsessed with racism and overly sensitive in general, they like to bring such things up. Funny fact: in Russia, we call black people negros, and it's completely normal, just like calling Chinese or Georgian people asian. On the other hand, pointing out skin color _is_ racist here, no matter if it's black, yellow or white. All this stuff is completely culture-dependent, after all. On the topic: I agree that being rude is not the way do discuss things, especially in an IT community (we strive to be smarter than the majority of people, don't we?). But I understand the skepticism in comments. Best scientists study inner workings of human brain and are working on theory of consciousness if you will, but current results are far from even understanding it completely, let alone building an AI. And then GrandAxe pops up with this revolutionary software, claiming that Okeuvo company built an AI. However, that claim is not supported by anything and reminds me of the Unlimited Detail technology by Euclideon, which was announced in a similar manner, promising a revolution in graphics rendering. As you can see, it's far from it, despite the fact they were given $2 million by the Australian government. It seems like this revolution takes a little bit more effort, than was anticipated :) And there's no reason to think Okeuvo's technology is different in that sense. In general, I tend to not trust people, who claim that their technology _will_ do this and that, revolutionize something and so on. Show me a working technology first, sell it later. Otherwise it's nothing but promises, and I'm not interested in that, because everybody can create a website and make promises. This thread should be posted at the release date, with "will do something" replaced by "does something", supported by a working demo that anybody can download without giving up their social security number, sexual preferences and whatnot. And in this particular case, it should be also supported by scientific papers, since they claim to solve such a huge scientific problem of the 21th century.
Sep 09 2015
parent "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?= writes:
On Wednesday, 9 September 2015 at 14:47:40 UTC, burjui wrote:
 And then GrandAxe pops up with this revolutionary software, 
 claiming that Okeuvo company built an AI. However, that claim 
 is not supported by anything and reminds me of the Unlimited 
 Detail technology by Euclideon, which was announced in a 
 similar manner, promising a revolution in graphics rendering. 
 As you can see, it's far from it, despite the fact they were 
 given $2 million by the Australian government. It seems like 
 this revolution takes a little bit more effort, than was 
 anticipated :)
 And there's no reason to think Okeuvo's technology is different 
 in that sense.
Oh well, I believe Manu is working for Euclideon and would like to use D for their renderer if it was possible. I like what their tech-demos display, but the storage requirements suggest that it is more useful for specialized application domains than entertainment for now. Sometimes it can be important to announce something just in order to get yourself focused on it, like a start pistol. Maybe GrandAxe has some ideas that will lead to something useful for end users even if the mechanisms might be simpler than we expect them to be. He only seems to have announced it here and on reddit, so it let's assume he is only excited to get started on his mission and isn't conducting search engine optimizations by having back links from the forums.
Sep 09 2015
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Grand_Axe <me you.dem> writes:
I am slightly behind schedule with the coding. The main logic is 
only getting completed today.

The system should be ready for first looks by the 9th of October.
Sep 29 2015
parent burjui <bytefu gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 30 September 2015 at 06:55:47 UTC, Grand_Axe wrote:
 I am slightly behind schedule with the coding. The main logic 
 is only getting completed today.

 The system should be ready for first looks by the 9th of 
 October.
Surprise, dlang hacker! :) Let me guess: you'll spend all October and most likely much more time debugging your AI and the result will be far from what you promised, assuming you're just too naive and confident, and not trying to bullshit us. I'll be the first to apologize if you'll *ever* reach your declared goals, let alone 9th October. Meh
Oct 02 2015
prev sibling parent ketmar <ketmar ketmar.no-ip.org> writes:
alot of "bla-bla", no scientific publications, a miserable "award 
from microsoft" (really, it's better to have nothing than to have 
*this*), constantly out of schedule...

this is attention whore, boys. nothing to see here, let's go home.
Sep 30 2015