www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - gdcmac 0.16, GDC for Mac OS X

reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= <afb algonet.se> writes:
Updated my "GDC for Mac OS X" to version 0.16:
http://gdcmac.sourceforge.net/

It comes with -framework support, so that you
can link to all the Mac OS X system libraries.

The Tiger (10.4) version now uses GCC 4.0,
but it had to be compiled using gcc-3.3...

Both packages install to /usr, but you can
change that to something else if you like.

--anders
Nov 10 2005
next sibling parent reply Fredrik Olsson <peylow gmail.com> writes:
Anders F Björklund skrev:
 Updated my "GDC for Mac OS X" to version 0.16:
 http://gdcmac.sourceforge.net/
 

Thank you very much, works like a charm! //Fredrik Olsson
Nov 12 2005
parent reply Fredrik Olsson <peylow treyst.se> writes:
Fredrik Olsson wrote:
 Anders F Björklund skrev:
 Updated my "GDC for Mac OS X" to version 0.16:
 http://gdcmac.sourceforge.net/

Thank you very much, works like a charm!

At home it did work like a charm with 0.16 against XCode 2.0 (Never upgraded as it screws up FreePascal :/). At work I have XCode 2.2, and today I upgraded from 0.15 to 0.16. And I get this error message: "object.d: module object cannot read file 'object.d'" regards Fredrik Olsson
Nov 27 2005
parent =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= <afb algonet.se> writes:
Fredrik Olsson wrote:

 At work I have XCode 2.2, and today I upgraded from 0.15 to 0.16. And I 
 get this error message:
 "object.d: module object cannot read file 'object.d'"

It seems the GCC version upgrade might have caused some harm to the "gdcmac" install, as it is using certain GCC files... ? It's *supposed* to be able to find that "header" file in the /usr/include/d/4.0.0/object.d (assuming default /usr location) But I think that what I need to do to make it work with Xcode 2.2 is to recompile it using GCC version 4.0.1 instead of GCC 4.0.0... Will also make a "gdc-3.3" version, as it seems GCC 4 has "issues" ? (i.e. provide two Tiger versions: one for GCC 3.3 and one for GCC 4.0) --anders
Nov 28 2005
prev sibling parent reply Carlos Santander <csantander619 gmail.com> writes:
Anders F Björklund escribió:
 Updated my "GDC for Mac OS X" to version 0.16:
 http://gdcmac.sourceforge.net/
 
 It comes with -framework support, so that you
 can link to all the Mac OS X system libraries.
 
 The Tiger (10.4) version now uses GCC 4.0,
 but it had to be compiled using gcc-3.3...
 
 Both packages install to /usr, but you can
 change that to something else if you like.
 
 --anders

It doesn't work for me. When I try to compile a program, I get: gdc: spec failure: unrecognized spec option 'y' C.d: module C cannot read file 'C.d' I'm on Mac OS X 10.4. Any ideas? -- Carlos Santander Bernal
Nov 16 2005
parent reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= <afb algonet.se> writes:
Carlos Santander wrote:

 It doesn't work for me. When I try to compile a program, I get:
 
 gdc: spec failure: unrecognized spec option 'y'
 C.d: module C cannot read file 'C.d'
 
 I'm on Mac OS X 10.4. Any ideas?

Are you using Xcode 2.1 (GCC 4.0.0) or Xcode 2.2 (GCC 4.0.1) ? I think that something "broke" here when I upgraded recently, but at least it works to build GDC with just "gcc" now... Will see if I can figure it out, perhaps rebuild GDC using apple's GCC 4.0 - although that might not be until GDC 0.17 Please use the GDC 0.15 build meanwhile... Maybe I should have built two packages for Tiger, one for GCC 3.3 and one for 4.0 ? --anders
Nov 17 2005
parent reply Carlos Santander <csantander619 gmail.com> writes:
Anders F Björklund escribió:
 Carlos Santander wrote:
 
 It doesn't work for me. When I try to compile a program, I get:

 gdc: spec failure: unrecognized spec option 'y'
 C.d: module C cannot read file 'C.d'

 I'm on Mac OS X 10.4. Any ideas?

Are you using Xcode 2.1 (GCC 4.0.0) or Xcode 2.2 (GCC 4.0.1) ?

Xcode 2.0 (gcc 4.0.0)
 I think that something "broke" here when I upgraded recently,
 but at least it works to build GDC with just "gcc" now...
 Will see if I can figure it out, perhaps rebuild GDC using
 apple's GCC 4.0 - although that might not be until GDC 0.17
 
 
 Please use the GDC 0.15 build meanwhile... Maybe I should have
 built two packages for Tiger, one for GCC 3.3 and one for 4.0 ?
 
 --anders

Will gdc-0.16 for Panther work? Because I tried to compile with gdc 3.4.3, 4.0.1, and 4.0.2 and it wouldn't compile. Otherwise, I'll keep downloading other gcc's until I find one that works. -- Carlos Santander Bernal
Nov 17 2005
parent reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= <afb algonet.se> writes:
Carlos Santander wrote:

 Will gdc-0.16 for Panther work? Because I tried to compile with gdc 
 3.4.3, 4.0.1, and 4.0.2 and it wouldn't compile. Otherwise, I'll keep 
 downloading other gcc's until I find one that works.

If you use "gcc_select 3.3", it should work OK. (haven't tested) But I will build a "real" version for Tiger's gcc-3.3, next time. Note that no version of GDC will compile with Apple's GCC 4.0.0, since it will crash during the compilation (it's kinda buggy...) --anders
Nov 18 2005
parent reply Carlos Santander <csantander619 gmail.com> writes:
Anders F Björklund escribió:
 Carlos Santander wrote:
 
 If you use "gcc_select 3.3", it should work OK. (haven't tested)
 But I will build a "real" version for Tiger's gcc-3.3, next time.
 

I tried that and it worked. Thanks.
 Note that no version of GDC will compile with Apple's GCC 4.0.0,
 since it will crash during the compilation (it's kinda buggy...)
 
 --anders

I even tried this: using Apple's GCC 4, I compiled GCC 4.0.2 (only C), and using that, I tried to compile gdc, but I couldn't: it crashed. So I guess the problem is with GCC 4, not only Apple's. -- Carlos Santander Bernal
Nov 19 2005
parent reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= <afb algonet.se> writes:
Carlos Santander wrote:

 I even tried this: using Apple's GCC 4, I compiled GCC 4.0.2 (only C), 
 and using that, I tried to compile gdc, but I couldn't: it crashed. So I 
 guess the problem is with GCC 4, not only Apple's.

I've succeeded to compile GCC 4.0.1, with Apple's GCC 4.0.1 (Xcode 2.2) But not compile GCC 4.0.2 + GDC, and not with Apple's GCC 4.0.0 (crash) --anders
Nov 19 2005
parent Alan West <alan alanz.com> writes:
Anders F Björklund wrote:
 Carlos Santander wrote:
 
 I even tried this: using Apple's GCC 4, I compiled GCC 4.0.2 (only C), 
 and using that, I tried to compile gdc, but I couldn't: it crashed. So 
 I guess the problem is with GCC 4, not only Apple's.

I've succeeded to compile GCC 4.0.1, with Apple's GCC 4.0.1 (Xcode 2.2) But not compile GCC 4.0.2 + GDC, and not with Apple's GCC 4.0.0 (crash)

I've done a personal darwin port which I use and works for gdc-0.16 and gcc-4.0.2 based on existing ports, but which uses the darwin ports gcc-4.0.2 compiler: PortSystem 1.0 name gdc version 0.16 set gccversion 4.0.2 categories lang platforms darwin maintainers mww opendarwin.org description D language compiler long_description gcc 4.0 with D language compiler frontend homepage http://www.digitalmars.com/d/ master_sites http://home.earthlink.net/~dvdfrdmn/d/:gdc \ gnu:/gcc/gcc-${gccversion}:gcc distfiles gdc-${version}.tar.bz2:gdc \ gcc-core-${gccversion}.tar.bz2:gcc \ gcc-g++-${gccversion}.tar.bz2:gcc checksums gdc-${version}.tar.bz2 md5 8591f5244088825573bbcff9aea1e1f3 \ gcc-core-${gccversion}.tar.bz2 md5 f7781398ada62ba255486673e6274b26 \ gcc-g++-${gccversion}.tar.bz2 md5 97da403f4756d9e0b896368fd25c84df use_bzip2 yes dist_subdir gcc40 depends_lib port:libiconv set bindir ${prefix}/lib/${name}/bin worksrcdir build post-extract { file mkdir ${worksrcpath} system "ln -s ${workpath}/d ${workpath}/gcc-${gccversion}/gcc/d" } platform darwin 8 { configure.env CC=/opt/local/bin/gcc-dp-4.0 \ CPP=/opt/local/bin/cpp-dp-4.0 CXX=/opt/local/bin/g++-dp-4.0 } post-patch { system "cd ${workpath}/gcc-${gccversion}/ && gcc/d/setup-gcc.sh" } configure.cmd ${workpath}/gcc-${gccversion}/configure configure.args --enable-languages=c,c++,d \ --bindir=${bindir} \ --libdir=${prefix}/lib/${name} \ --includedir=${prefix}/include/${name} \ --with-gxx-include-dir=${prefix}/include/${name} \ --infodir=${prefix}/share/info \ --mandir=${prefix}/share/man \ --libexecdir=${prefix}/libexec/${name} \ --with-system-zlib \ --disable-nls \ --with-local-prefix=${prefix} build.target bootstrap-lean STAGE1_CFLAGS="-force_cpusubtype_ALL" post-destroot { system "cd ${destroot}${prefix}/bin && \ ln -sf ${bindir}/gdc && ln -sf ${bindir}/gdmd" foreach man1page {cpp gcc gcov g++} { file delete \ ${destroot}${prefix}/share/man/man1/${man1page}.1 } file delete -force ${destroot}${prefix}/share/man/man7 \ ${destroot}${prefix}/share/info }
Nov 23 2005