digitalmars.D.announce - 99 bottles of beer

reply Fredrik Olsson <peylow gmail.com> writes:
On the fun side;

I have added a new D implementation to the 99 bottles of
beer-application collection.

http://www.99-bottles-of-beer.net/language-d-911.html

In my own humble opinion I think it is a much better example showing
some of the good features of D. Such as; nested functions, switches with
strings, dynamic arrays and modules.

regards
	Fredrik Olsson
Oct 10 2005
next sibling parent reply Hasan Aljudy <hasan.aljudy gmail.com> writes:
Fredrik Olsson wrote:
 On the fun side;

 I have added a new D implementation to the 99 bottles of
 beer-application collection.

 http://www.99-bottles-of-beer.net/language-d-911.html

 In my own humble opinion I think it is a much better example showing
 some of the good features of D. Such as; nested functions, switches with
 strings, dynamic arrays and modules.

 regards
     Fredrik Olsson
Uh, execuse me when I see this gives a bad name for D .. it's very complicated and not very much readable. An avarage reader would probably be thinking .. "hmm .. something that can be done in 4 lines needs 20+ lines in the D language !"
Oct 10 2005
parent Fredrik Olsson <peylow gmail.com> writes:
Hasan Aljudy skrev:
 Fredrik Olsson wrote:

 On the fun side;

 I have added a new D implementation to the 99 bottles of
 beer-application collection.

 http://www.99-bottles-of-beer.net/language-d-911.html

 In my own humble opinion I think it is a much better example showing
 some of the good features of D. Such as; nested functions, switches
 with strings, dynamic arrays and modules.

 regards
     Fredrik Olsson
Uh, execuse me when I see this gives a bad name for D .. it's very complicated and not very much readable. An avarage reader would probably be thinking .. "hmm .. something that can be done in 4 lines needs 20+ lines in the D language !"
Then I beg you to please make a shorter/more clear program that gives the same output, in D or some other language if you like. As the submit page of the site says: * This is not a "shortest code" contest * Your example should demonstrate the main advantages and features of the language for (int i = 99; i != 0; i--) { writefl(i, " bottles of beer ... ... } Is not the same output, and does not show any of the features that set D apart from, say C. I do not find for-loops and writefln to be neither unique of, or an advantage of D. regards Fredrik Olsson
Oct 10 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> writes:
This looks a bit easier
http://www.99-bottles-of-beer.net/language-petrovich-812.html
Isn't it?

:)

Andrew  P(etrovich) Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com

"Fredrik Olsson" <peylow gmail.com> wrote in message
news:dieb65$hkn$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 On the fun side;

 I have added a new D implementation to the 99 bottles of beer-application
 collection.

 http://www.99-bottles-of-beer.net/language-d-911.html

 In my own humble opinion I think it is a much better example showing some
 of the good features of D. Such as; nested functions, switches with
 strings, dynamic arrays and modules.

 regards
 Fredrik Olsson
Oct 11 2005
parent reply Hasan Aljudy <hasan.aljudy gmail.com> writes:
heheh ..
http://www.dangermouse.net/esoteric/petrovich.html
Last updated: Friday, 01 April, 2005

This is a joke, right? ;)

Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
 This looks a bit easier
 http://www.99-bottles-of-beer.net/language-petrovich-812.html
 Isn't it?

 :)

 Andrew  P(etrovich) Fedoniouk.
 http://terrainformatica.com

 "Fredrik Olsson" <peylow gmail.com> wrote in message
 news:dieb65$hkn$1 digitaldaemon.com...

On the fun side;

I have added a new D implementation to the 99 bottles of beer-application
collection.

http://www.99-bottles-of-beer.net/language-d-911.html

In my own humble opinion I think it is a much better example showing some
of the good features of D. Such as; nested functions, switches with
strings, dynamic arrays and modules.

regards
Fredrik Olsson
Oct 11 2005
next sibling parent "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> writes:
"Hasan Aljudy" <hasan.aljudy gmail.com> wrote in message
news:dihjl1$54l$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 heheh ..
 http://www.dangermouse.net/esoteric/petrovich.html
 Last updated: Friday, 01 April, 2005

 This is a joke, right? ;)
Well, it depeneds on company of how serious it will be :) And 99-botles site classifies the Petrovich as "real language" :) Andrew.
Oct 11 2005
prev sibling parent pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dihjl1$54l$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Hasan Aljudy says...
heheh ..
http://www.dangermouse.net/esoteric/petrovich.html
Last updated: Friday, 01 April, 2005

This is a joke, right? ;)
I think it's tougue-in-cheek. Its pretty darn useless, but it forces you to rethink what a language can do... then you just laugh at how absurdly simple it is. Technically it is a sound language provided the petrovitch interpreter can do *everything* imaginable with a given input. Which puts a 'perfect' interpreter within the realm of the impractical if not impossible. Then again, what system or program isn't without bugs or limitations? I look at it like this: A petrovitch 'program' is an arbitrary input coupled with a specially trained interpreter. Now, If you think about the interpreter in terms of genetic algorithms, then petrovitch is really a genetic algorithm generator. Fitness, in this case, is determined *manually* rather than programatically, and there's ever one 'genome' to be refined. - EricAnderton at yahoo
Oct 11 2005
prev sibling parent Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
Fredrik Olsson wrote:
 On the fun side;

 I have added a new D implementation to the 99 bottles of
 beer-application collection.

 http://www.99-bottles-of-beer.net/language-d-911.html

 In my own humble opinion I think it is a much better example showing
 some of the good features of D. Such as; nested functions, switches with
 strings, dynamic arrays and modules.
Oct 12 2005