www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - XCB Bindings?

reply "Jeroen Bollen" <jbinero gmail.com> writes:
Does anyone know of any (preferably complete) XCB bindings for D?
Apr 15 2014
next sibling parent Marco Leise <Marco.Leise gmx.de> writes:
Am Tue, 15 Apr 2014 22:38:48 +0000
schrieb "Jeroen Bollen" <jbinero gmail.com>:

 Does anyone know of any (preferably complete) XCB bindings for D?

2 of the 2 people I know who looked into this decided that D bindings for C bindings for X is a silly exercise, since these C bindings are 95% generated automatically from XML files and there is no reason why that generator couldn't be adapted to directly output D code to create a "XDB". The remaining 5% (mostly login and X server connection handling) that have to be written manually never got implemented though :p -- Marco
Apr 15 2014
prev sibling next sibling parent "Jeroen Bollen" <jbinero gmail.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 23:26:18 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
 Am Tue, 15 Apr 2014 22:38:48 +0000
 schrieb "Jeroen Bollen" <jbinero gmail.com>:

 Does anyone know of any (preferably complete) XCB bindings for 
 D?

2 of the 2 people I know who looked into this decided that D bindings for C bindings for X is a silly exercise, since these C bindings are 95% generated automatically from XML files and there is no reason why that generator couldn't be adapted to directly output D code to create a "XDB". The remaining 5% (mostly login and X server connection handling) that have to be written manually never got implemented though :p

Surely people must have communicated with X in other ways than the xlib in D?
Apr 16 2014
prev sibling next sibling parent "Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator gmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 16 April 2014 at 12:24:18 UTC, Jeroen Bollen wrote:
 Surely people must have communicated with X in other ways than 
 the xlib in D?

I thought about doing XCB a few times but I keep going back to xlib because it really isn't that bad.
Apr 16 2014
prev sibling parent Xavier Bigand <flamaros.xavier gmail.com> writes:
Le 16/04/2014 00:38, Jeroen Bollen a écrit :
 Does anyone know of any (preferably complete) XCB bindings for D?

You can take a look to my bindings : https://github.com/D-Quick/XCB As I don't use them for the moment I am not sure there is no mistake in it, but it sure that it can be build without error. Sadly with my friend we do a break on the DQuick project and so many things are stopped in a intermediate step. Cause I did a special repo for XCB bindings, you can fork it easily and if everything goes right try to request an integration in deimos.
Apr 16 2014