www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - What about this logo ":D" to advertise the D language ?

reply Jared Jeffries <jared.jeffries yandex.com> writes:
I'm not completely joking ;)

D deserves a lot more fame, because it really allows programmers 
to "develop with a smile", so maybe the logo and slogan should 
reflect it...

With D you can get the job done, as with C++, Java, C#, Node.js 
etc, but easier, faster, safer and with a lot more pleasure !

D is really good at this, hence the logo :D
Mar 02
next sibling parent ixid <nuaccount gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 2 March 2017 at 09:05:43 UTC, Jared Jeffries wrote:
 I'm not completely joking ;)

 D deserves a lot more fame, because it really allows 
 programmers to "develop with a smile", so maybe the logo and 
 slogan should reflect it...

 With D you can get the job done, as with C++, Java, C#, Node.js 
 etc, but easier, faster, safer and with a lot more pleasure !

 D is really good at this, hence the logo :D
Yes, that's much better than the Mars and moons effect, I don't think many people who weren't told what it is would guess.
Mar 02
prev sibling parent reply Martin Tschierschke <mt smartdolphin.de> writes:
On Thursday, 2 March 2017 at 09:05:43 UTC, Jared Jeffries wrote:
 I'm not completely joking ;)

 D deserves a lot more fame, because it really allows 
 programmers to "develop with a smile", so maybe the logo and 
 slogan should reflect it...

 With D you can get the job done, as with C++, Java, C#, Node.js 
 etc, but easier, faster, safer and with a lot more pleasure !

 D is really good at this, hence the logo :D
I like it! The D evolution: :-( => :-| => :-) => ;-) => :D Why D? Give your coding a smile :D
Mar 02
parent reply qznc <qznc web.de> writes:
On Thursday, 2 March 2017 at 09:45:40 UTC, Martin Tschierschke 
wrote:
 On Thursday, 2 March 2017 at 09:05:43 UTC, Jared Jeffries wrote:
 I'm not completely joking ;)

 D deserves a lot more fame, because it really allows 
 programmers to "develop with a smile", so maybe the logo and 
 slogan should reflect it...

 With D you can get the job done, as with C++, Java, C#, 
 Node.js etc, but easier, faster, safer and with a lot more 
 pleasure !

 D is really good at this, hence the logo :D
I like it! The D evolution: :-( => :-| => :-) => ;-) => :D Why D? Give your coding a smile :D
Isn't it :C => :C++ => :D Much better than :C# of course.
Mar 02
next sibling parent reply angel <andrey.gelman gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 2 March 2017 at 12:31:27 UTC, qznc wrote:
 On Thursday, 2 March 2017 at 09:45:40 UTC, Martin Tschierschke 
 wrote:
 On Thursday, 2 March 2017 at 09:05:43 UTC, Jared Jeffries 
 wrote:
 I'm not completely joking ;)

 D deserves a lot more fame, because it really allows 
 programmers to "develop with a smile", so maybe the logo and 
 slogan should reflect it...

 With D you can get the job done, as with C++, Java, C#, 
 Node.js etc, but easier, faster, safer and with a lot more 
 pleasure !

 D is really good at this, hence the logo :D
I like it! The D evolution: :-( => :-| => :-) => ;-) => :D Why D? Give your coding a smile :D
Isn't it :C => :C++ => :D Much better than :C# of course.
Your :C++ looks like someone throwing up. Well ... maybe this is intentional.
Mar 02
parent reply =?UTF-8?Q?Ali_=c3=87ehreli?= <acehreli yahoo.com> writes:
On 03/02/2017 07:46 AM, angel wrote:

 Isn't it :C => :C++ => :D

 Much better than :C# of course.
Your :C++ looks like someone throwing up. Well ... maybe this is intentional.
I like it more than "two band aids". :) :C A C programmer :C++ A C++ programmer (throwing up) :D A D programmer This always makes me smile. Ali
Mar 02
next sibling parent "Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa)" <SeeWebsiteToContactMe semitwist.com> writes:
On 03/02/2017 01:45 PM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
 :C    A C programmer
 :C++  A C++ programmer (throwing up)
 :D    A D programmer
Love it!
Mar 02
prev sibling parent Moritz Maxeiner <moritz ucworks.org> writes:
On Thursday, 2 March 2017 at 18:45:23 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
 On 03/02/2017 07:46 AM, angel wrote:

 Isn't it :C => :C++ => :D

 Much better than :C# of course.
Your :C++ looks like someone throwing up. Well ... maybe this is intentional.
I like it more than "two band aids". :) :C A C programmer :C++ A C++ programmer (throwing up) :D A D programmer This always makes me smile. Ali
This is one of the things I didn't know I needed before. Thank you :D
Mar 03
prev sibling parent thedeemon <dlang thedeemon.com> writes:
On Thursday, 2 March 2017 at 12:31:27 UTC, qznc wrote:
 D is really good at this, hence the logo :D
I like it!
+1!
 Isn't it :C => :C++ => :D
Yep, that nails it!
Mar 02