www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - Website formatting errors

reply "Philippe Sigaud" <philippe.sigaud gmail.com> writes:
I was perusing old links today (I'm updating a tutorial) and 
found some strange formatting in the following pages:

http://dlang.org/expression.html#PrimaryExpressions

(see .Identifier and beyond)

http://dlang.org/template-mixin.html

(All the code samples show macros $(D ...) )

Is that a known issue or should I report them as bugs?
Jan 03 2013
next sibling parent reply "Jonathan M Davis" <jmdavisProg gmx.com> writes:
On Thursday, January 03, 2013 21:14:16 Philippe Sigaud wrote:
 Is that a known issue or should I report them as bugs?

If you can't find it in bugzilla, report it. If it had been known though, I would have expected to be fixed already, since it's probably a trivial fix (unless it's just that no one who might fix it has noticed the bug). - Jonathan M Davis
Jan 03 2013
parent Dmitry Olshansky <dmitry.olsh gmail.com> writes:
04-Jan-2013 12:10, monarch_dodra пишет:
 On Thursday, 3 January 2013 at 22:16:57 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
 On Thursday, January 03, 2013 21:14:16 Philippe Sigaud wrote:
 Is that a known issue or should I report them as bugs?

If you can't find it in bugzilla, report it. If it had been known though, I would have expected to be fixed already, since it's probably a trivial fix (unless it's just that no one who might fix it has noticed the bug). - Jonathan M Davis

The documentation generates correctly on my machine with the latest dmd. 1. The "expressions" page isn't broken. 2. The macros are correctly expanded inside example code. I'd be *tempted* to say that 1. was just a glitch. 2. Seems more seriously broken, as there are bits of D macros in example sections, in particular $(B bold), all over the place. Just open any random page and search for "($". The solution *might* be to just regenerate the doc with the latest dmd and see what happens...?

It's a backfire of a bugfix. Clearly I for one was bitten by accidental "macro" expansion in code example. Take for instance $1, $2 etc in std.regex replace. Code example obviously shouldn't have any macros in it (it previously had). I'd say it's time to make a pass over docs which is something I'll try. -- Dmitry Olshansky
Jan 04 2013
prev sibling next sibling parent Philippe Sigaud <philippe.sigaud gmail.com> writes:
--00235433362e09826f04d26ad1c2
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

OK, done.

http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=9267

--00235433362e09826f04d26ad1c2
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

OK, done.<div><br></div><div><a
href="http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=9267">http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=9267</a></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

--00235433362e09826f04d26ad1c2--
Jan 03 2013
prev sibling next sibling parent "monarch_dodra" <monarchdodra gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 3 January 2013 at 22:16:57 UTC, Jonathan M Davis 
wrote:
 On Thursday, January 03, 2013 21:14:16 Philippe Sigaud wrote:
 Is that a known issue or should I report them as bugs?

If you can't find it in bugzilla, report it. If it had been known though, I would have expected to be fixed already, since it's probably a trivial fix (unless it's just that no one who might fix it has noticed the bug). - Jonathan M Davis

The documentation generates correctly on my machine with the latest dmd. 1. The "expressions" page isn't broken. 2. The macros are correctly expanded inside example code. I'd be *tempted* to say that 1. was just a glitch. 2. Seems more seriously broken, as there are bits of D macros in example sections, in particular $(B bold), all over the place. Just open any random page and search for "($". The solution *might* be to just regenerate the doc with the latest dmd and see what happens...?
Jan 04 2013
prev sibling next sibling parent maarten van damme <maartenvd1994 gmail.com> writes:
I noticed too that something was wrong by browsing to
http://dlang.org/operatoroverloading.html and scrolling down. I was
blaming my browser but seems like I'm not the only one.
Jan 04 2013
prev sibling parent "monarch_dodra" <monarchdodra gmail.com> writes:
On Friday, 4 January 2013 at 09:05:34 UTC, maarten van damme 
wrote:
 I noticed too that something was wrong by browsing to
 http://dlang.org/operatoroverloading.html and scrolling down. I 
 was
 blaming my browser but seems like I'm not the only one.

I am 500% sure that the page Operator Overloading used to be fine before, so this is new.
Jan 04 2013