www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - "This week in D" state

reply Eliatto <arietto86 gmail.com> writes:
I noticed that "This week in D" site was seldom updated. Last 
activity is September, the 3rd. If Adam is busy at the moment, 
then I think that he should have an assistant.
Oct 10
next sibling parent Joakim <dlang joakim.fea.st> writes:
On Tuesday, 10 October 2017 at 07:12:19 UTC, Eliatto wrote:
 I noticed that "This week in D" site was seldom updated. Last 
 activity is September, the 3rd. If Adam is busy at the moment, 
 then I think that he should have an assistant.
I think he's lost interest, even when he does post, he rarely puts up anything more than forum links this year. I don't blame him, it's a thankless job. That's why I suggested merging it with the blog last year, but for whatever reason that hasn't happened: http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mkxsvwxmusxifunpfnlz forum.dlang.org
Oct 10
prev sibling parent reply Adam D. Ruppe <destructionator gmail.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 10 October 2017 at 07:12:19 UTC, Eliatto wrote:
 I noticed that "This week in D" site was seldom updated. Last 
 activity is September, the 3rd. If Adam is busy at the moment, 
 then I think that he should have an assistant.
I generated the file for a couple weeks last month, but I'm not happy at all with the forum links.... but also don't have much else to put in. The blog really took over for the longer form stuff I used to write. I might go ahead and post the back stuff anyway but without at least some other content it seems like a waste of time. Of course, if someone wants to email me something I can copy/paste in, that's cool... but you could also send that to the blog...
Oct 10
next sibling parent reply jmh530 <john.michael.hall gmail.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 10 October 2017 at 15:52:03 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
 I generated the file for a couple weeks last month, but I'm not 
 happy at all with the forum links.... but also don't have much 
 else to put in. The blog really took over for the longer form 
 stuff I used to write.

 I might go ahead and post the back stuff anyway but without at 
 least some other content it seems like a waste of time.

 Of course, if someone wants to email me something I can 
 copy/paste in, that's cool... but you could also send that to 
 the blog...
While I liked when you did the longer stuff, I think even the slimmed down version has value. It's also probably less work for you (or someone else if they take it over).
Oct 10
parent Adam D. Ruppe <destructionator gmail.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 10 October 2017 at 16:36:14 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
 While I liked when you did the longer stuff, I think even the 
 slimmed down version has value. It's also probably less work 
 for you (or someone else if they take it over).
Yeah, I'll post the last couple I generated but never saved. This previous sunday though I was busy and just totally forgot to even generate.
Oct 10
prev sibling parent Igor Shirkalin <mathsoft inbox.ru> writes:
On Tuesday, 10 October 2017 at 15:52:03 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
 Of course, if someone wants to email me something I can 
 copy/paste in, that's cool... but you could also send that to 
 the blog...
I'd like to but i would be nice to know where to write to without required piles.
Oct 10