www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - The future of D - follow up

reply Jacob Carlborg <doobnet gmail.com> writes:
I've been watching the two videos from the D conference about the future 
of D and that was really interesting. What could be even more 
interesting is that it would be nice if Walter could do a follow up and 
tell what happened with all the features that they talked about.

What is already implemented in D 2.0?
What is planed for D 2.0?
What is postponed for later versions?
What has been dropped?
Aug 09 2008
parent reply Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar igesund.net> writes:
Jacob Carlborg wrote:

 I've been watching the two videos from the D conference about the future
 of D and that was really interesting. What could be even more
 interesting is that it would be nice if Walter could do a follow up and
 tell what happened with all the features that they talked about.
 
 What is already implemented in D 2.0?
 What is planed for D 2.0?
 What is postponed for later versions?
 What has been dropped?

There was actually such a response from Walter in this (I think) NG not long ago. Don't remember the thread name though (as always ...). -- Lars Ivar Igesund blog at http://larsivi.net DSource, #d.tango & #D: larsivi Dancing the Tango
Aug 09 2008
parent reply "Koroskin Denis" <2korden gmail.com> writes:
On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 20:51:30 +0400, Lars Ivar Igesund  
<larsivar igesund.net> wrote:

 Jacob Carlborg wrote:

 I've been watching the two videos from the D conference about the future
 of D and that was really interesting. What could be even more
 interesting is that it would be nice if Walter could do a follow up and
 tell what happened with all the features that they talked about.

 What is already implemented in D 2.0?
 What is planed for D 2.0?
 What is postponed for later versions?
 What has been dropped?

There was actually such a response from Walter in this (I think) NG not long ago. Don't remember the thread name though (as always ...).

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/D2_status_interim_report_72843.html
Aug 09 2008
parent Jacob Carlborg <doobnet gmail.com> writes:
Koroskin Denis wrote:
 On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 20:51:30 +0400, Lars Ivar Igesund 
 <larsivar igesund.net> wrote:
 
 Jacob Carlborg wrote:

 I've been watching the two videos from the D conference about the future
 of D and that was really interesting. What could be even more
 interesting is that it would be nice if Walter could do a follow up and
 tell what happened with all the features that they talked about.

 What is already implemented in D 2.0?
 What is planed for D 2.0?
 What is postponed for later versions?
 What has been dropped?

There was actually such a response from Walter in this (I think) NG not long ago. Don't remember the thread name though (as always ...).

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/D2_status_inter m_report_72843.html

Oh yeah, I remember that now.
Aug 09 2008