www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - Thanks for a great DConf

reply Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d puremagic.com> writes:
Hello all,

Just to say a big thank you to everyone speaking and involved in the 
organization of DConf this year.  It was fantastic to be able to follow the 
conference via livestreaming (as much as timezones allowed:-), and the ideas
and 
projects on display were full of excitement and inspiration.

Here's looking forward to another great year of D and even more exciting 
projects at next year's conference!

Best wishes,

     -- Joe
May 24 2014
next sibling parent Nick Sabalausky <SeeWebsiteToContactMe semitwist.com> writes:
On 5/24/2014 11:26 AM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d wrote:
 Hello all,

 Just to say a big thank you to everyone speaking and involved in the
 organization of DConf this year.  It was fantastic to be able to follow
 the conference via livestreaming (as much as timezones allowed:-), and
 the ideas and projects on display were full of excitement and inspiration.

 Here's looking forward to another great year of D and even more exciting
 projects at next year's conference!

 Best wishes,

      -- Joe

///ditto ;) I'm in DConf withdrawal right now. Three straight days of livestreamed talks and fun live chats...it doesn't feel right not to have that today! BTW, a huge thanks for offering a live stream! It's no substitute for being there, of course, but it's a great next-best-thing for those of us who wanted to attend but couldn't. I'm looking forward to the YouTube reruns for the talks I still missed. (I still can't believe I missed Andrei's keynote!)
May 24 2014
prev sibling next sibling parent "monarch_dodra" <monarchdodra gmail.com> writes:
On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 17:40:29 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
 I'm looking forward to the YouTube reruns for the talks I still 
 missed. (I still can't believe I missed Andrei's keynote!)

+1 please.
May 24 2014
prev sibling next sibling parent "aliyome" <aliyome+d gmail.com> writes:
On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 20:34:03 UTC, monarch_dodra wrote:
 On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 17:40:29 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
 I'm looking forward to the YouTube reruns for the talks I 
 still missed. (I still can't believe I missed Andrei's 
 keynote!)

+1 please.

me too. +1
May 24 2014
prev sibling next sibling parent "MattCoder" <idonthaveany mail.com> writes:
I've watched all transmissions and I liked 'em all (without any 
exception).

And I think the end of the conference should be a beginning of 
the new trend here.

So instead of wait for DConf 2015, all those speakers should do 
more videos (at home etc.) sharing their thoughts.

Matheus.
May 24 2014
prev sibling next sibling parent "SomeDude" <lolilol mailmetrash.com> writes:
On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 23:37:44 UTC, aliyome wrote:
 On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 20:34:03 UTC, monarch_dodra wrote:
 On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 17:40:29 UTC, Nick Sabalausky 
 wrote:
 I'm looking forward to the YouTube reruns for the talks I 
 still missed. (I still can't believe I missed Andrei's 
 keynote!)

+1 please.

me too. +1

The videos are online on Dconf. Now, maybe Andrei wants to distill them on reddit and HN in order to give more coverage, so I didn't create a new thread there.
May 25 2014
prev sibling next sibling parent "SomeDude" <lolilol mailmetrash.com> writes:
On Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 18:37:46 UTC, SomeDude wrote:
 On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 23:37:44 UTC, aliyome wrote:
 On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 20:34:03 UTC, monarch_dodra wrote:
 On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 17:40:29 UTC, Nick Sabalausky 
 wrote:
 I'm looking forward to the YouTube reruns for the talks I 
 still missed. (I still can't believe I missed Andrei's 
 keynote!)

+1 please.

me too. +1

The videos are online on Dconf. Now, maybe Andrei wants to distill them on reddit and HN in order to give more coverage, so I didn't create a new thread there.

Oops no, how stupid I am, I clicked on the 2013 link. Sorry...
May 25 2014
prev sibling next sibling parent "John Colvin" <john.loughran.colvin gmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 18:39:44 UTC, SomeDude wrote:
 On Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 18:37:46 UTC, SomeDude wrote:
 On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 23:37:44 UTC, aliyome wrote:
 On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 20:34:03 UTC, monarch_dodra wrote:
 On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 17:40:29 UTC, Nick Sabalausky 
 wrote:
 I'm looking forward to the YouTube reruns for the talks I 
 still missed. (I still can't believe I missed Andrei's 
 keynote!)

+1 please.

me too. +1

The videos are online on Dconf. Now, maybe Andrei wants to distill them on reddit and HN in order to give more coverage, so I didn't create a new thread there.

Oops no, how stupid I am, I clicked on the 2013 link. Sorry...

Dammit, I was so excited....
May 25 2014
prev sibling next sibling parent "Bastiaan Veelo" <Bastiaan Veelo.net> writes:
On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 23:37:44 UTC, aliyome wrote:
 On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 20:34:03 UTC, monarch_dodra wrote:
 On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 17:40:29 UTC, Nick Sabalausky 
 wrote:
 I'm looking forward to the YouTube reruns for the talks I 
 still missed. (I still can't believe I missed Andrei's 
 keynote!)

+1 please.

me too. +1

+1, thanks.
May 27 2014
prev sibling next sibling parent "Dicebot" <public dicebot.lv> writes:
On Saturday, 24 May 2014 at 15:26:30 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling 
via Digitalmars-d wrote:
 Hello all,

 Just to say a big thank you to everyone speaking and involved 
 in the organization of DConf this year.  It was fantastic to be 
 able to follow the conference via livestreaming (as much as 
 timezones allowed:-), and the ideas and projects on display 
 were full of excitement and inspiration.

 Here's looking forward to another great year of D and even more 
 exciting projects at next year's conference!

 Best wishes,

     -- Joe

Still can't believe I was there, feels like a dream :) Being able to corner Andrei and Walter and keep asking questions until you actually understand the answer is priceless. And Facebook has organized everything almost perfectly in my opinion, can't imagine any single thing that could have been done better. It was really funny to observe output of DFeed during the conference by the way - PR merges, issue comments and casual hacking have never stopped. I am somewhat surprised no one has managed to create a pull request right in the middle of own talk ;)
May 28 2014
prev sibling parent "Brad Anderson" <eco gnuk.net> writes:
On Wednesday, 28 May 2014 at 14:14:40 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
 It was really funny to observe output of DFeed during the 
 conference by the way - PR merges, issue comments and casual 
 hacking have never stopped. I am somewhat surprised no one has 
 managed to create a pull request right in the middle of own 
 talk ;)

I remember looking over upon seeing DFeed announce Martin had merged a pull request and noticing he wasn't even at his computer and was instead off talking to people. I'd already suspected Kenji of actually being a group of developers operating under a single name so my conspiracy theory just widened. Turns out I had simply been trolled by auto-merge.
May 28 2014