www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - OpenCL bindings

reply Trass3r <mrmocool gmx.de> writes:
Has anyone already started creating some OpenCL bindings for D?
Feb 10 2009
parent reply Lutger <lutger.blijdestijn gmail.com> writes:
Trass3r wrote:

 Has anyone already started creating some OpenCL bindings for D?

Is there an implementation already?
Feb 10 2009
next sibling parent reply Trass3r <mrmocool gmx.de> writes:
Lutger schrieb:
 Is there an implementation already?
 

Nvidia plans to release a beta soon. http://www.geeks3d.com/?p=2582 AMD also already has a working internal implementation. http://fireuser.com/blog/amd_opencl_parallel_computing_demo_from_siggraph_asia_2008/
Feb 10 2009
parent reply Daniel Keep <daniel.keep.lists gmail.com> writes:
Trass3r wrote:
 Lutger schrieb:
 Is there an implementation already?

Nvidia plans to release a beta soon. http://www.geeks3d.com/?p=2582 AMD also already has a working internal implementation. http://fireuser.com/blog/amd_opencl_parallel_computing_demo_from_siggraph_asia_2008/

So, in other words, "no". I don't know about anyone else, but as much as I -love- the idea of OpenCL, I'm not terribly inclined to write bindings for a library that hasn't been released yet. -- Daniel
Feb 10 2009
parent reply Trass3r <mrmocool gmx.de> writes:
Daniel Keep schrieb:
 but as much
 as I -love- the idea of OpenCL, I'm not terribly inclined to write
 bindings for a library that hasn't been released yet.

What's so bad about it?
Feb 10 2009
parent Trass3r <mrmocool gmx.de> writes:
Denis Koroskin schrieb:
 Well, someone should release the library with public API/source code, 
 first, so that porting to other language is possible.

Well the header files are already available, so some bindings would enable syntactic checking ;) Have already converted them, they just need some polishing.
Feb 10 2009
prev sibling parent "Denis Koroskin" <2korden gmail.com> writes:
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 18:26:31 +0300, Trass3r <mrmocool gmx.de> wrote:

 Daniel Keep schrieb:
 but as much
 as I -love- the idea of OpenCL, I'm not terribly inclined to write
 bindings for a library that hasn't been released yet.

What's so bad about it?

Well, someone should release the library with public API/source code, first, so that porting to other language is possible.
Feb 10 2009