www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - Next in Review Queue (12/18/2011)? std.serialize/orange?

reply dsimcha <dsimcha yahoo.com> writes:
The review of std.net.curl is done and the voting has started.  I'm 
loving this steady pipeline of reviews and additions to Phobos. 
According to http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ReviewQueue, there's 
nothing ready for review now, though.

Jacob Carlborg, are you ready to have std.serialize reviewed for 
inclusion in Phobos in a week?  Serialization is a pretty high priority 
and should be reviewed ASAP if it's ready.  Otherwise, does anyone else 
have something to fill in the bubble in the queue?  I'd like to start a 
new review after the std.net.curl vote is done.
Dec 18 2011
next sibling parent reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Alex_R=F8nne_Petersen?= <xtzgzorex gmail.com> writes:
On 18-12-2011 21:24, dsimcha wrote:
 The review of std.net.curl is done and the voting has started. I'm
 loving this steady pipeline of reviews and additions to Phobos.
 According to http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ReviewQueue, there's
 nothing ready for review now, though.

 Jacob Carlborg, are you ready to have std.serialize reviewed for
 inclusion in Phobos in a week? Serialization is a pretty high priority
 and should be reviewed ASAP if it's ready. Otherwise, does anyone else
 have something to fill in the bubble in the queue? I'd like to start a
 new review after the std.net.curl vote is done.

I hate to be the one doing this, but can I nitpick on the name? std.serialization sounds much better than std.serialize for a module name. In any case, +1 for having Orange up for review next! Would definitely like to see it in Phobos ASAP. - Alex
Dec 18 2011
parent reply Alix Pexton <alix.DOT.pexton gmail.DOT.com> writes:
On 18/12/2011 21:17, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
 On 18-12-2011 21:24, dsimcha wrote:
 The review of std.net.curl is done and the voting has started. I'm
 loving this steady pipeline of reviews and additions to Phobos.
 According to http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ReviewQueue, there's
 nothing ready for review now, though.

 Jacob Carlborg, are you ready to have std.serialize reviewed for
 inclusion in Phobos in a week? Serialization is a pretty high priority
 and should be reviewed ASAP if it's ready. Otherwise, does anyone else
 have something to fill in the bubble in the queue? I'd like to start a
 new review after the std.net.curl vote is done.

I hate to be the one doing this, but can I nitpick on the name? std.serialization sounds much better than std.serialize for a module name. In any case, +1 for having Orange up for review next! Would definitely like to see it in Phobos ASAP. - Alex

I recently started abbreviating Serialization as s11n (Es-Eleven-En) in the same vain as i18n for Internationalization and l10n for Localization. Its not my invention, its in use in C/C++ libs and probably other languages too. I think std.s11n; world be an acceptable module name. A...
Dec 19 2011
next sibling parent reply Jacob Carlborg <doob me.com> writes:
On 2011-12-20 01:52, Alix Pexton wrote:

 I recently started abbreviating Serialization as s11n (Es-Eleven-En) in
 the same vain as i18n for Internationalization and l10n for
 Localization. Its not my invention, its in use in C/C++ libs and
 probably other languages too. I think std.s11n; world be an acceptable
 module name.

 A...

I've never heard that abbreviation. -- /Jacob Carlborg
Dec 19 2011
parent Alix Pexton <alix.DOT.pexton gmail.DOT.com> writes:
On 20/12/2011 07:38, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
 On 2011-12-20 01:52, Alix Pexton wrote:

 I recently started abbreviating Serialization as s11n (Es-Eleven-En) in
 the same vain as i18n for Internationalization and l10n for
 Localization. Its not my invention, its in use in C/C++ libs and
 probably other languages too. I think std.s11n; world be an acceptable
 module name.

 A...

I've never heard that abbreviation.

I got fed up of typing it "the long way" and started using the same abbreviation technique as for i18n (ie firstLetter-#omittedLetters-lastLetter) googled the result and found out I was not the first to have the same idea. I've no more etymological references than that but I never claimed it was common or well known ^^ A...
Dec 20 2011
prev sibling parent Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg gmx.com> writes:
On Tuesday, December 20, 2011 08:38:28 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
 On 2011-12-20 01:52, Alix Pexton wrote:
 I recently started abbreviating Serialization as s11n (Es-Eleven-En) in
 the same vain as i18n for Internationalization and l10n for
 Localization. Its not my invention, its in use in C/C++ libs and
 probably other languages too. I think std.s11n; world be an acceptable
 module name.
 
 A...

I've never heard that abbreviation.

Me neither. I'd just go for serialize, because it's completely recognizable and shorter than serialization. - Jonathan M Davis
Dec 19 2011
prev sibling parent Jacob Carlborg <doob me.com> writes:
On 2011-12-18 21:24, dsimcha wrote:
 The review of std.net.curl is done and the voting has started. I'm
 loving this steady pipeline of reviews and additions to Phobos.
 According to http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ReviewQueue, there's
 nothing ready for review now, though.

 Jacob Carlborg, are you ready to have std.serialize reviewed for
 inclusion in Phobos in a week? Serialization is a pretty high priority
 and should be reviewed ASAP if it's ready. Otherwise, does anyone else
 have something to fill in the bubble in the queue? I'd like to start a
 new review after the std.net.curl vote is done.

I guess so. I have a few things I would like to fix first, it currently doesn't build on latest DMD because of the deprecated typedef. -- /Jacob Carlborg
Dec 18 2011