www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - Logotype

reply DavidSwe <afraidof spam.bot> writes:
It would be nice if Bright could select an official logotype that could be used
for promoting purposes. I found alot of nice logos at:
http://www.sukimashita.com/d/
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?Logo
Feb 27 2007
next sibling parent reply Manfred Nowak <svv1999 hotmail.com> writes:
DavidSwe wrote

 Bright could select an official logotype

Walter has made that selection long ago: by kindly asking what might be wrong with his D-Man. -manfred
Feb 27 2007
parent reply DavidSwe <afraidof spam.bot> writes:
Im just saying that I think D deserves a more professional looking logo. The
D-Man and the new logo can peacefully coexist. So those who have a "soft-spot
for the D-Man" can use it and those who dont like it can use something else. It
would be nice if Bright decided one for us that want to support D but don't
want a hand drawn character on their homepage. Having to many logos will also
be a bother because that will just start confusion, especially since there have
been other languages that have called themselves D if my memory serves.

Manfred Nowak Wrote:

 DavidSwe wrote
 
 Bright could select an official logotype

Walter has made that selection long ago: by kindly asking what might be wrong with his D-Man. -manfred

Feb 28 2007
parent Jascha Wetzel <"[firstname]" mainia.de> writes:
if there is really a need for another logo, i'd suggest holding a
logo-design-competition, like linus torvalds did once to find tux.
and btw - tux probably doesn't satisfy the attribute "professional
looking" either, at least if it's in that "corporate style, will be
taken seriously by suit-wearing folks"-meaning.
personally, i added a logo to the ddbg page only to get rid of all those
404's on favicon.ico ;)

DavidSwe wrote:
 Im just saying that I think D deserves a more professional looking logo. The
D-Man and the new logo can peacefully coexist. So those who have a "soft-spot
for the D-Man" can use it and those who dont like it can use something else. It
would be nice if Bright decided one for us that want to support D but don't
want a hand drawn character on their homepage. Having to many logos will also
be a bother because that will just start confusion, especially since there have
been other languages that have called themselves D if my memory serves.
 
 Manfred Nowak Wrote:
 
 DavidSwe wrote

 Bright could select an official logotype

by kindly asking what might be wrong with his D-Man. -manfred


Feb 28 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent Charlie <charlie.fats gmail.com> writes:
I think most of us have a soft spot for the D-man, the improved D-man at 
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?Logo gets my vote.

Charlie

DavidSwe wrote:
 It would be nice if Bright could select an official logotype that could be
used for promoting purposes. I found alot of nice logos at:
http://www.sukimashita.com/d/
 http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?Logo
 

Feb 27 2007
prev sibling next sibling parent reply janderson <askme me.com> writes:
I posted these a while back.  Not quite as good as the original however 
they still have that programmer art flavor.  They are free to use.

http://www.joelsprojects.com/d/MrD/DMan.html

-Joel
Feb 27 2007
parent janderson <askme me.com> writes:
janderson wrote:
 I posted these a while back.  Not quite as good as the original however 
 they still have that programmer art flavor.  They are free to use.
 
 http://www.joelsprojects.com/d/MrD/DMan.html
 
 -Joel

whoops, try this: http://www.joelsprojects.com/d/DMan.htm
Feb 27 2007
prev sibling parent Wolfgang Draxinger <wdraxinger darkstargames.de> writes:
DavidSwe wrote:

 It would be nice if Bright could select an official logotype
 that could be used for promoting purposes. I found alot of nice
 logos at:

 http://www.sukimashita.com/d/ 

I'll definitely go for the first of the variant 4(=D). Wolfgang Draxinger -- E-Mail address works, Jabber: hexarith jabber.org, ICQ: 134682867
Feb 28 2007