www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - LDC2 status?

reply Trass3r <un known.com> writes:
What's the status of LDC2? Is it usable?
Also it seems like work is done in  
https://bitbucket.org/lindquist/ldc/changesets rather than  
https://bitbucket.org/prokhin_alexey/ldc2/changesets now?!
Jun 03 2011
next sibling parent reply bioinfornatics <bioinfornatics fedoraproject.org> writes:
yes it is second link
We need some tester for report bug. it is usable now. I will let alexey talk
I will try add ldc2 on fedora16 repo
so i can not use alexey repo because i need separate package (ldc2, druntime,
phobos) for this reason i have start a fork not yet usable (not enough time
sorry)
Jun 03 2011
parent reply dsimcha <dsimcha yahoo.com> writes:
On 6/3/2011 8:51 AM, bioinfornatics wrote:
 yes it is second link
 We need some tester for report bug. it is usable now. I will let alexey talk
 I will try add ldc2 on fedora16 repo
 so i can not use alexey repo because i need separate package (ldc2, druntime,
 phobos) for this reason i have start a fork not yet usable (not enough time
sorry)

I've wanted to test LDC2 for a while. Each time I tried I ran into one or two showstopper issues. These have been reported and I think fixed. The current showstopper for me is that LDC2 is a version behind DMD2. I'll test it, file bug reports, etc. when it's updated to 2.053.
Jun 03 2011
parent David Nadlinger <see klickverbot.at> writes:
On 6/3/11 3:01 PM, dsimcha wrote:
 On 6/3/2011 8:51 AM, bioinfornatics wrote:
 yes it is second link
 We need some tester for report bug. it is usable now. I will let
 alexey talk
 I will try add ldc2 on fedora16 repo
 so i can not use alexey repo because i need separate package (ldc2,
 druntime,
 phobos) for this reason i have start a fork not yet usable (not enough
 time sorry)

I've wanted to test LDC2 for a while. Each time I tried I ran into one or two showstopper issues. These have been reported and I think fixed. The current showstopper for me is that LDC2 is a version behind DMD2. I'll test it, file bug reports, etc. when it's updated to 2.053.

I plan to look into it after having completed the Thrift stuff on my agenda for this week… David
Jun 03 2011
prev sibling parent reply Moritz Warning <moritzwarning web.de> writes:
On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 13:49:08 +0200, Trass3r wrote:

 What's the status of LDC2? Is it usable? Also it seems like work is done
 in
 https://bitbucket.org/lindquist/ldc/changesets rather than
 https://bitbucket.org/prokhin_alexey/ldc2/changesets now?!

All changes from alexeys branch are merged into the ldc repository (afaik). ldc1/ldc2 are practically ready for release. But it may be nice to have the latest dmd frontend changes (lot's of fixes etc.). Maybe there will be a release soon. I am busy atm. :/
Jun 03 2011
parent reply Trass3r <un known.com> writes:
 Also it seems like work is done in
 https://bitbucket.org/lindquist/ldc/changesets rather than
 https://bitbucket.org/prokhin_alexey/ldc2/changesets now?!

All changes from alexeys branch are merged into the ldc repository (afaik).

Yes, and the ldc repo contains several commits from alexey (including one specific to D2) that aren't present in the ldc2 repo. So I thought the fork isn't needed anymore.
Jun 03 2011
parent bioinfornatics <bioinfornatics fedoraproject.org> writes:
My forks is only for change build system. I need build ldc2 druntime and phobos
separately and not all in same time like do currently in ldc2 with cmake.
This is need for allow D2 in fedora
Jun 03 2011