www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - How does one build dman?

reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Alex_R=F8nne_Petersen?= <xtzgzorex gmail.com> writes:
Hi,

dman seems to require some sort of browser (std.net.browser) component. 
Where does this sit? Are any other dependencies required in order to 
build it?

Regards,
Alex
Aug 21 2011
parent reply "Vladimir Panteleev" <vladimir thecybershadow.net> writes:
On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 18:03:46 +0300, Alex Rønne Petersen  
<xtzgzorex gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi,

 dman seems to require some sort of browser (std.net.browser) component.  
 Where does this sit? Are any other dependencies required in order to  
 build it?

std.net.browser is a module that Walter just added to Phobos one day, but the community quickly decided that this wasn't a very good move, and suggested community review in the form of a pull request to add the same functionality to std.process. https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/154 -- Best regards, Vladimir mailto:vladimir thecybershadow.net
Aug 21 2011
parent reply =?UTF-8?B?QWxleCBSw7hubmUgUGV0ZXJzZW4=?= <xtzgzorex gmail.com> writes:
On 21-08-2011 21:48, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
 On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 18:03:46 +0300, Alex Rønne Petersen
 <xtzgzorex gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi,

 dman seems to require some sort of browser (std.net.browser)
 component. Where does this sit? Are any other dependencies required in
 order to build it?

std.net.browser is a module that Walter just added to Phobos one day, but the community quickly decided that this wasn't a very good move, and suggested community review in the form of a pull request to add the same functionality to std.process. https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/154

So I take it dman just hasn't been updated yet? Regards, Alex
Aug 21 2011
parent Walter Bright <newshound2 digitalmars.com> writes:
On 8/21/2011 10:27 PM, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
 So I take it dman just hasn't been updated yet?

Right.
Aug 22 2011