www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - Dub needs some additions

reply Igor <Vladamir.I google.com> writes:
Some simple extensions to dub are required for proper windows 
support:

1. The Ability to generate full build selections for Visual D. I 
only get Win32 when using `dub generate VisualD`. Win64 support 
should be added, along with alternate compiler support. (GDC and 
LDC)

2. The ability to refresh a project by adding new dependencies 
and files to the previously generate Visual D project. It should 
retain modified settings of the project file. I'm thinking of 
something like `dub refresh VisualD` would work.

The current generate settings are just child's toys without the 
ability to retain and update project info.

Thank You.
Jan 23
next sibling parent reply develop32 <develop32 gmail.com> writes:
On Saturday, 23 January 2016 at 20:24:05 UTC, Igor wrote:
 Some simple extensions to dub are required for proper windows 
 support:

 1. The Ability to generate full build selections for Visual D. 
 I only get Win32 when using `dub generate VisualD`. Win64 
 support should be added, along with alternate compiler support. 
 (GDC and LDC)
dub generate visuald --arch=x86_64 etc. You have to use flags to configure the project.
 2. The ability to refresh a project by adding new dependencies 
 and files to the previously generate Visual D project. It 
 should retain modified settings of the project file. I'm 
 thinking of something like `dub refresh VisualD` would work.
Yeah, that would be nice.
 The current generate settings are just child's toys without the 
 ability to retain and update project info.

 Thank You.
Jan 23
parent reply Igor <Vladamir.I google.com> writes:
On Saturday, 23 January 2016 at 20:54:36 UTC, develop32 wrote:
 On Saturday, 23 January 2016 at 20:24:05 UTC, Igor wrote:
 Some simple extensions to dub are required for proper windows 
 support:

 1. The Ability to generate full build selections for Visual D. 
 I only get Win32 when using `dub generate VisualD`. Win64 
 support should be added, along with alternate compiler 
 support. (GDC and LDC)
dub generate visuald --arch=x86_64 etc. You have to use flags to configure the project.
No, I am talking about adding the different build options inside the visual studio project. When one generates the project, it should add the 64bit build options regardless. It is a standard with all Visual Studio projects in C++, C#, and VB. It should not require a flag to set. It doesn't change the architecture but only provides a simple build option. When I use the flag, I only get 64... I want both!!! I should be able to switch seemlessly between 64-bit and 32-bit by using the configuration manager/combo box like every other normal project in VS has as default.
 2. The ability to refresh a project by adding new dependencies 
 and files to the previously generate Visual D project. It 
 should retain modified settings of the project file. I'm 
 thinking of something like `dub refresh VisualD` would work.
Yeah, that would be nice.
 The current generate settings are just child's toys without 
 the ability to retain and update project info.

 Thank You.
Jan 23
parent reply develop32 <develop32 gmail.com> writes:
On Saturday, 23 January 2016 at 21:24:27 UTC, Igor wrote:
 No, I am talking about adding the different build options 
 inside the visual studio project. When one generates the 
 project, it should add the 64bit build options regardless. It 
 is a standard with all Visual Studio projects in C++, C#, and 
 VB. It should not require a flag to set. It doesn't change the 
 architecture but only provides a simple build option.

 When I use the flag, I only get 64... I want both!!! I should 
 be able to switch seemlessly between 64-bit and 32-bit by using 
 the configuration manager/combo box like every other normal 
 project in VS has as default.
Ah, yeah, that makes sense. To me personally setting project working directory to $(OUTDIR) when generating would be nice. Doesn't sound like a hard thing to do, I'll try making a pull request for that.
Jan 23
parent Igor <Vladamir.I google.com> writes:
On Sunday, 24 January 2016 at 00:24:27 UTC, develop32 wrote:
 On Saturday, 23 January 2016 at 21:24:27 UTC, Igor wrote:

 Ah, yeah, that makes sense.

 To me personally setting project working directory to $(OUTDIR) 
 when generating would be nice. Doesn't sound like a hard thing 
 to do, I'll try making a pull request for that.
I don't mind too much where it is put but I would just like it to work well and provide the standard build options to make life easy.
Jan 23
prev sibling parent Gary Willoughby <dev nomad.so> writes:
On Saturday, 23 January 2016 at 20:24:05 UTC, Igor wrote:
 Some simple extensions to dub are required for proper windows 
 support:

 1. The Ability to generate full build selections for Visual D. 
 I only get Win32 when using `dub generate VisualD`. Win64 
 support should be added, along with alternate compiler support. 
 (GDC and LDC)

 2. The ability to refresh a project by adding new dependencies 
 and files to the previously generate Visual D project. It 
 should retain modified settings of the project file. I'm 
 thinking of something like `dub refresh VisualD` would work.

 The current generate settings are just child's toys without the 
 ability to retain and update project info.

 Thank You.
Dub forums: http://forum.rejectedsoftware.com/groups/rejectedsoftware.dub/
Jan 24