www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - D's Greatest Bugbear

reply Don Clugston <dac nospam.com> writes:
Bearophile has just entered his 1000th bug report into Bugzilla.
This is more than the three next most prolific contributers, combined.

The top ten bug reporters are (courtesy of Deskzilla):

1002 Bearophile

  315 Andrej Mitrovic
  308 Don Clugston
  282 David Simcha

  193 Andrei Alexandrescu
  185 Jonathon M Davis
  176 Kenji Hara

  156 Timon Gehr
  155 Thomas Kühne
  141 Max Samukha
-----------
There are only 9 others who have reported 100 bugs or more,
and only another 19 who have reported 50 or more.

So, if you are wondering why the number of open bugs has continued
to climb despite a massive increase in the rate of bugfixing, now you 
know. What it really means is that we're getting a lot of bugs being 
reported, which normally wouldn't be found for a couple of years.

Congratulations, Bugbear!
Dec 18 2012
next sibling parent "Simen Kjaeraas" <simen.kjaras gmail.com> writes:
On 2012-48-18 11:12, Don Clugston <dac nospam.com> wrote:

 Bearophile has just entered his 1000th bug report into Bugzilla.
 This is more than the three next most prolific contributers, combined.=

 The top ten bug reporters are (courtesy of Deskzilla):

 1002 Bearophile

   315 Andrej Mitrovic
   308 Don Clugston
   282 David Simcha

   193 Andrei Alexandrescu
   185 Jonathon M Davis
   176 Kenji Hara

   156 Timon Gehr
   155 Thomas K=C3=BChne
   141 Max Samukha
 -----------
 There are only 9 others who have reported 100 bugs or more,
 and only another 19 who have reported 50 or more.

 So, if you are wondering why the number of open bugs has continued
 to climb despite a massive increase in the rate of bugfixing, now you =

 know. What it really means is that we're getting a lot of bugs being  =

 reported, which normally wouldn't be found for a couple of years.

 Congratulations, Bugbear!

For those who like statistics: bearophile has filed 435 enhancement requests, 44 of which have been = implemented. He has filed 567 regular bugs, of which 212 have been fixed. Especially the last part is impressive. Only 3 other people have filed = more bugs than bearophile has had fixed, and I find it unlikely all of = their bugs have been fixed. With this, allow me to join the chorus - congratulations, bearophile! -- = Simen
Dec 18 2012
prev sibling next sibling parent Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich gmail.com> writes:
On 12/18/12, Don Clugston <dac nospam.com> wrote:
 Bearophile has just entered his 1000th bug report into Bugzilla.

I love his comment in the first report: http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=3813 <quote> This is my first bug report in this bug tracker. I will probably add here some more bugs, some of them will probably be duplicates of already present bugs. Most of them will be bugs, I try to limit the true enhancements requests to very few and small, because D2 is now feature frozen. </quote> :)
Dec 18 2012
prev sibling next sibling parent Philippe Sigaud <philippe.sigaud gmail.com> writes:
--047d7b6777001f49eb04d1238db3
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

I remember a time, years ago (2008?), when he would pester everyone here
and had a reputation for finding bugs and *never reporting them*. People
used to tssk-tssk him on this.

Now, wow :)

Congratulations, bearophile!

Now, the real question is, what will be bug #10_000? We should let him have
it ;-p

--047d7b6777001f49eb04d1238db3
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>I remember a time, years ago (2008?), when he would pester everyone he=
re and had a reputation for finding bugs and *never reporting them*. People=
 used to tssk-tssk him on this.</div>
<div>=C2=A0</div>
<div>Now, wow :)</div>
<div>=C2=A0</div>
<div>Congratulations, bearophile!</div>
<div>=C2=A0</div>
<div>Now, the real question is, what will be bug #10_000? We should let him=
 have it ;-p</div>
<div>=C2=A0</div>
<div>=C2=A0</div>

--047d7b6777001f49eb04d1238db3--
Dec 18 2012
prev sibling next sibling parent "Max Samukha" <maxsamukha gmail.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 18 December 2012 at 10:48:07 UTC, Don Clugston wrote:

 Congratulations, Bugbear!

Congrats, bearophile! (What a loser I am...)
Dec 18 2012
prev sibling next sibling parent "SomeDude" <lovelydear mailmetrash.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 18 December 2012 at 12:42:23 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic 
wrote:
 On 12/18/12, Don Clugston <dac nospam.com> wrote:
 Bearophile has just entered his 1000th bug report into 
 Bugzilla.

I love his comment in the first report: http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=3813 <quote> This is my first bug report in this bug tracker. I will probably add here some more bugs, some of them will probably be duplicates of already present bugs. Most of them will be bugs, I try to limit the true enhancements requests to very few and small, because D2 is now feature frozen. </quote> :)

Imagine, if he didn't try to limit the true enhancement requests to very few... Walter would go crazy. :)
Dec 18 2012
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 12/18/12 5:48 AM, Don Clugston wrote:
 Bearophile has just entered his 1000th bug report into Bugzilla.
 This is more than the three next most prolific contributers, combined.

 The top ten bug reporters are (courtesy of Deskzilla):

 1002 Bearophile

 315 Andrej Mitrovic
 308 Don Clugston
 282 David Simcha

 193 Andrei Alexandrescu
 185 Jonathon M Davis
 176 Kenji Hara

 156 Timon Gehr
 155 Thomas Kühne
 141 Max Samukha
 -----------
 There are only 9 others who have reported 100 bugs or more,
 and only another 19 who have reported 50 or more.

 So, if you are wondering why the number of open bugs has continued
 to climb despite a massive increase in the rate of bugfixing, now you
 know. What it really means is that we're getting a lot of bugs being
 reported, which normally wouldn't be found for a couple of years.

 Congratulations, Bugbear!

Grats! Next step: start working on pull request. I have the feeling once bearophile starts contributing code, there'll be another change of phase in the bug dynamics! Andrei
Dec 18 2012
next sibling parent "Brad Anderson" <eco gnuk.net> writes:
On Tuesday, 18 December 2012 at 21:36:59 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu 
wrote:
 On 12/18/12 5:48 AM, Don Clugston wrote:
 Bearophile has just entered his 1000th bug report into 
 Bugzilla.
 This is more than the three next most prolific contributers, 
 combined.

 The top ten bug reporters are (courtesy of Deskzilla):

 1002 Bearophile

 315 Andrej Mitrovic
 308 Don Clugston
 282 David Simcha

 193 Andrei Alexandrescu
 185 Jonathon M Davis
 176 Kenji Hara

 156 Timon Gehr
 155 Thomas Kühne
 141 Max Samukha
 -----------
 There are only 9 others who have reported 100 bugs or more,
 and only another 19 who have reported 50 or more.

 So, if you are wondering why the number of open bugs has 
 continued
 to climb despite a massive increase in the rate of bugfixing, 
 now you
 know. What it really means is that we're getting a lot of bugs 
 being
 reported, which normally wouldn't be found for a couple of 
 years.

 Congratulations, Bugbear!

Grats! Next step: start working on pull request. I have the feeling once bearophile starts contributing code, there'll be another change of phase in the bug dynamics! Andrei

I tried to convince him on IRC to start contributing code not too long ago, arguing that he's a better programmer than I am and even I've gotten a bug fix or two in. He says he's not as competent as he sounds which is patently absurd. He'll be an even bigger asset to D than he is already once he decides to start sending pull requests. BA
Dec 18 2012
prev sibling next sibling parent Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw ubuntu.com> writes:
--14dae9cdc4f3bf445e04d1281237
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

On 18 December 2012 21:54, Brad Anderson <eco gnuk.net> wrote:

 On Tuesday, 18 December 2012 at 21:36:59 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

 On 12/18/12 5:48 AM, Don Clugston wrote:

 Bearophile has just entered his 1000th bug report into Bugzilla.
 This is more than the three next most prolific contributers, combined.

 The top ten bug reporters are (courtesy of Deskzilla):

 1002 Bearophile

 315 Andrej Mitrovic
 308 Don Clugston
 282 David Simcha

 193 Andrei Alexandrescu
 185 Jonathon M Davis
 176 Kenji Hara

 156 Timon Gehr
 155 Thomas K=FChne
 141 Max Samukha
 -----------
 There are only 9 others who have reported 100 bugs or more,
 and only another 19 who have reported 50 or more.

 So, if you are wondering why the number of open bugs has continued
 to climb despite a massive increase in the rate of bugfixing, now you
 know. What it really means is that we're getting a lot of bugs being
 reported, which normally wouldn't be found for a couple of years.

 Congratulations, Bugbear!

Grats! Next step: start working on pull request. I have the feeling once bearophile starts contributing code, there'll be another change of phase=


 the bug dynamics!

 Andrei

I tried to convince him on IRC to start contributing code not too long ago, arguing that he's a better programmer than I am and even I've gotten=

 bug fix or two in.  He says he's not as competent as he sounds which is
 patently absurd. He'll be an even bigger asset to D than he is already on=

 he decides to start sending pull requests.

 BA

I only worry that if he does start contributing, he'll instead spend all his time finding bugs in C++. :o) --=20 Iain Buclaw *(p < e ? p++ : p) =3D (c & 0x0f) + '0'; --14dae9cdc4f3bf445e04d1281237 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On 18 December 2012 21:54, Brad Anderson <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"m= ailto:eco gnuk.net" target=3D"_blank">eco gnuk.net</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br=
<div class=3D"gmail_extra"><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><blockquote class=3D=

-left:1ex"> <div class=3D"HOEnZb"><div class=3D"h5">On Tuesday, 18 December 2012 at 21:= 36:59 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:<br> <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1p= x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"> On 12/18/12 5:48 AM, Don Clugston wrote:<br> <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1p= x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"> Bearophile has just entered his 1000th bug report into Bugzilla.<br> This is more than the three next most prolific contributers, combined.<br> <br> The top ten bug reporters are (courtesy of Deskzilla):<br> <br> 1002 Bearophile<br> <br> 315 Andrej Mitrovic<br> 308 Don Clugston<br> 282 David Simcha<br> <br> 193 Andrei Alexandrescu<br> 185 Jonathon M Davis<br> 176 Kenji Hara<br> <br> 156 Timon Gehr<br> 155 Thomas K=FChne<br> 141 Max Samukha<br> -----------<br> There are only 9 others who have reported 100 bugs or more,<br> and only another 19 who have reported 50 or more.<br> <br> So, if you are wondering why the number of open bugs has continued<br> to climb despite a massive increase in the rate of bugfixing, now you<br> know. What it really means is that we&#39;re getting a lot of bugs being<br=

<br> Congratulations, Bugbear!<br> </blockquote> <br> Grats! Next step: start working on pull request. I have the feeling once be= arophile starts contributing code, there&#39;ll be another change of phase = in the bug dynamics!<br> <br> Andrei<br> </blockquote> <br></div></div> I tried to convince him on IRC to start contributing code not too long ago,= arguing that he&#39;s a better programmer than I am and even I&#39;ve gott= en a bug fix or two in. =A0He says he&#39;s not as competent as he sounds w= hich is patently absurd. He&#39;ll be an even bigger asset to D than he is = already once he decides to start sending pull requests.<span class=3D"HOEnZ= b"><font color=3D"#888888"><br> <br> BA<br> </font></span></blockquote></div><br>I only worry that if he does start con= tributing, he&#39;ll instead spend all his time finding bugs in C++. :o)<br= clear=3D"all"><br>-- <br>Iain Buclaw<br><br>*(p &lt; e ? p++ : p) =3D (c &= amp; 0x0f) + &#39;0&#39;;<br> </div> --14dae9cdc4f3bf445e04d1281237--
Dec 18 2012
prev sibling parent "H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh quickfur.ath.cx> writes:
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:32:30PM +0000, Iain Buclaw wrote:
 On 18 December 2012 21:54, Brad Anderson <eco gnuk.net> wrote:
 
 On Tuesday, 18 December 2012 at 21:36:59 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:


 Grats! Next step: start working on pull request. I have the feeling
 once bearophile starts contributing code, there'll be another
 change of phase in the bug dynamics!

 Andrei

I tried to convince him on IRC to start contributing code not too long ago, arguing that he's a better programmer than I am and even I've gotten a bug fix or two in. He says he's not as competent as he sounds which is patently absurd. He'll be an even bigger asset to D than he is already once he decides to start sending pull requests. BA

I only worry that if he does start contributing, he'll instead spend all his time finding bugs in C++. :o)

Well, if said C++ bugs pertain to bugs in DMD, then we might actually get D2 stabilized earlier than we thought possible. ;-) T -- Give a man a fish, and he eats once. Teach a man to fish, and he will sit forever.
Dec 19 2012
prev sibling parent "Jonathan M Davis" <jmdavisProg gmx.com> writes:
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 21:10:08 SomeDude wrote:
 Imagine, if he didn't try to limit the true enhancement requests
 to very few... Walter would go crazy. :)

I never got the impression that he held back... :) - Jonathan M Davis
Dec 18 2012