www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - D in Google Trends

reply "Martin Fuchs" <martin-fuchs gmx.net> writes:
Hi,

did anyone yet try to look for the D programming language in Google Trends 
to compare the different programming languages?

It may not be as the TIOBA index (http://www.tiobe.com/tpci.htm), but 
nevertheless very interesting:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=D+language%2C+C%2B%2B+language%2C+Java+language&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

There is also visible this high peek at January 2007, as Walter did his 
first speech at NWCPP.

Regards,

    Martin 
Nov 11 2007
parent reply Max Samukha <samukha voliacable.com.removethis> writes:
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:33:23 +0100, "Martin Fuchs"
<martin-fuchs gmx.net> wrote:

Hi,

did anyone yet try to look for the D programming language in Google Trends 
to compare the different programming languages?

It may not be as the TIOBA index (http://www.tiobe.com/tpci.htm), but 
nevertheless very interesting:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=D+language%2C+C%2B%2B+language%2C+Java+language&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

There is also visible this high peek at January 2007, as Walter did his 
first speech at NWCPP.

Regards,

    Martin 

I prefer these trends http://www.google.com/trends?q=D%2C+C%2B%2B%2C+Java&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0 And absolutely hate these http://www.google.com/trends?q=D+programming+language%2C+C%2B%2B%2C+Java&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0
Nov 11 2007
next sibling parent reply Bruce Adams <tortoise_74 yeah.who.co.uk> writes:
Max Samukha Wrote:

 On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:33:23 +0100, "Martin Fuchs"
 <martin-fuchs gmx.net> wrote:
 
Hi,

did anyone yet try to look for the D programming language in Google Trends 
to compare the different programming languages?

It may not be as the TIOBA index (http://www.tiobe.com/tpci.htm), but 
nevertheless very interesting:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=D+language%2C+C%2B%2B+language%2C+Java+language&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

There is also visible this high peek at January 2007, as Walter did his 
first speech at NWCPP.

Regards,

    Martin 

I prefer these trends http://www.google.com/trends?q=D%2C+C%2B%2B%2C+Java&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0 And absolutely hate these http://www.google.com/trends?q=D+programming+language%2C+C%2B%2B%2C+Java&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

Ha, I always said "D" was a terrible google search term. He could have called it Bright instead but that would've been seen as egocentric.
Nov 11 2007
next sibling parent torhu <no spam.invalid> writes:
Bruce Adams wrote:
 Ha,
 
 I always said "D" was a terrible google search term. He could have called it
Bright instead but that would've been seen as egocentric.
 

mars.c and mars.h. Of course, Mars is pretty generic too. 'Walter' would be better: :p
Nov 11 2007
prev sibling parent "David B. Held" <dheld codelogicconsulting.com> writes:
Bruce Adams wrote:
 [...]
 Ha,
 
 I always said "D" was a terrible google search term. He could have
 called it Bright instead but that would've been seen as egocentric.

At least the DigitalMars site shows up as the first hit! Dave
Nov 12 2007
prev sibling parent reply Gregor Richards <Richards codu.org> writes:
Max Samukha wrote:
 I prefer these trends
 http://www.google.com/trends?q=D%2C+C%2B%2B%2C+Java&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

In the ever-important ranking between the first five letters of the alphabet, 'a' beats out 'd' by a wide margin. Damn! http://www.google.com/trends?q=a%2C+b%2C+c%2C+d%2C+e&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0 - Gregor Richards
Nov 11 2007
next sibling parent reply BCS <ao pathlink.com> writes:
Reply to Gregor,

 Max Samukha wrote:
 
 I prefer these trends
 http://www.google.com/trends?q=D%2C+C%2B%2B%2C+Java&ctab=0&geo=all&da
 te=all&sort=0

alphabet, 'a' beats out 'd' by a wide margin. Damn! http://www.google.com/trends?q=a%2C+b%2C+c%2C+d%2C+e&ctab=0&geo=all&da te=all&sort=0 - Gregor Richards

OTOH 2, 3 and 4 (but not 5) all beat out 1 http://www.google.com/trends?q=1%2C+2%2C+3%2C+4%2C+5&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0
Nov 11 2007
parent blah <balh blah.com> writes:
Chris Miller Wrote:

 On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 15:56:47 -0500, BCS <ao pathlink.com> wrote:
 
 Reply to Gregor,

 Max Samukha wrote:

 I prefer these trends
 http://www.google.com/trends?q=D%2C+C%2B%2B%2C+Java&ctab=0&geo=all&da
 te=all&sort=0

alphabet, 'a' beats out 'd' by a wide margin. Damn! http://www.google.com/trends?q=a%2C+b%2C+c%2C+d%2C+e&ctab=0&geo=all&da te=all&sort=0 - Gregor Richards

OTOH 2, 3 and 4 (but not 5) all beat out 1 http://www.google.com/trends?q=1%2C+2%2C+3%2C+4%2C+5&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

I win: http://www.google.com/trends?q=Walter%2C+Gregor%2C+BCS%2C+Chris&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

Its a sad state of affairs but alas you are all eclipsed http://www.google.com/trends?q=Walter%2C+Gregor%2C+BCS%2C+Chris%2C+porn&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0
Nov 11 2007
prev sibling parent "Chris Miller" <chris dprogramming.com> writes:
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 15:56:47 -0500, BCS <ao pathlink.com> wrote:

 Reply to Gregor,

 Max Samukha wrote:

 I prefer these trends
 http://www.google.com/trends?q=3DD%2C+C%2B%2B%2C+Java&ctab=3D0&geo=3D=



 te=3Dall&sort=3D0

alphabet, 'a' beats out 'd' by a wide margin. Damn! http://www.google.com/trends?q=3Da%2C+b%2C+c%2C+d%2C+e&ctab=3D0&geo=3D=


 te=3Dall&sort=3D0
  - Gregor Richards

OTOH 2, 3 and 4 (but not 5) all beat out 1 http://www.google.com/trends?q=3D1%2C+2%2C+3%2C+4%2C+5&ctab=3D0&geo=3D=


I win: http://www.google.com/trends?q=3DWalter%2C+Gregor%2C+BCS%2C+Chris&ctab=3D= 0&geo=3Dall&date=3Dall&sort=3D0
Nov 11 2007