www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - DConf 2014: submit!!!

reply Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
As you might have seen on the announce forum, we've just opened 
pre-registration for DConf 2014: 
http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1umslg/dconf_2014_early_discounted_registration_250_now/

In order to have a kick-ass conference, we need kick-ass content. And 
here's where you, um, kick in.

Please consider submitting soon. I'm seeing a bunch of interesting and 
relevant stuff posted and discussed here. The best way to get the world 
to know about your awesome ideas is to talk about them at DConf.

Having an accepted talk gives you free registration and reimbursement of 
travel costs including lodging.

Don't forget - deadline in on January 31st. DConf likely depends on you 
more than you may think, and your stuff is likely more interesting than 
you think.


Andrei
Jan 07 2014
parent reply "Rikki Cattermole" <alphaglosined gmail.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 7 January 2014 at 16:50:58 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu 
wrote:
 As you might have seen on the announce forum, we've just opened 
 pre-registration for DConf 2014: 
 http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1umslg/dconf_2014_early_discounted_registration_250_now/

 In order to have a kick-ass conference, we need kick-ass 
 content. And here's where you, um, kick in.

 Please consider submitting soon. I'm seeing a bunch of 
 interesting and relevant stuff posted and discussed here. The 
 best way to get the world to know about your awesome ideas is 
 to talk about them at DConf.

 Having an accepted talk gives you free registration and 
 reimbursement of travel costs including lodging.

 Don't forget - deadline in on January 31st. DConf likely 
 depends on you more than you may think, and your stuff is 
 likely more interesting than you think.


 Andrei

Would you guys like to hear about my ORM/web service framework even though its early days? I have ran into a few things which does set D apart. And I can compare against PHP in that reguard. Although comming from New Zealand not sure would be worth it cost wise.
Jan 07 2014
next sibling parent Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw gdcproject.org> writes:
On 7 Jan 2014 17:05, "Rikki Cattermole" <alphaglosined gmail.com> wrote:
 On Tuesday, 7 January 2014 at 16:50:58 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 As you might have seen on the announce forum, we've just opened


pre-registration for DConf 2014: http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1umslg/dconf_2014_early_discounted_registration_250_now/
 In order to have a kick-ass conference, we need kick-ass content. And


here's where you, um, kick in.
 Please consider submitting soon. I'm seeing a bunch of interesting and


relevant stuff posted and discussed here. The best way to get the world to know about your awesome ideas is to talk about them at DConf.
 Having an accepted talk gives you free registration and reimbursement of


travel costs including lodging.
 Don't forget - deadline in on January 31st. DConf likely depends on you


more than you may think, and your stuff is likely more interesting than you think.
 Andrei

Would you guys like to hear about my ORM/web service framework even

though its early days? I have ran into a few things which does set D apart. And I can compare against PHP in that reguard. Although comming from New Zealand not sure would be worth it cost wise. If you are a speaker, you'll have your flights and hotel (only for the period of the conference) reimbursed. At least this was the case last year. So there's nothing to lose if your talk gets accepted. :)
Jan 07 2014
prev sibling parent reply Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail erdani.org> writes:
On 1/7/14 9:03 AM, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
 Would you guys like to hear about my ORM/web service framework even
 though its early days? I have ran into a few things which does set D
 apart. And I can compare against PHP in that reguard. Although comming
 from New Zealand not sure would be worth it cost wise.

Submitting costs little. As Machiavelli said, put yourself in a position with most options. Make a strong submission and let us worry about costs later. Andrei
Jan 07 2014
parent "Rikki Cattermole" <alphaglosined gmail.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 7 January 2014 at 20:05:52 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
 On 1/7/14 9:03 AM, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
 Would you guys like to hear about my ORM/web service framework 
 even
 though its early days? I have ran into a few things which does 
 set D
 apart. And I can compare against PHP in that reguard. Although 
 comming
 from New Zealand not sure would be worth it cost wise.

Submitting costs little. As Machiavelli said, put yourself in a position with most options. Make a strong submission and let us worry about costs later. Andrei

Ah ok, sweet as. I'm waiting on confirmation that I can get out of study to come. Unless thats a yes no point submitting.
Jan 07 2014