digitalmars.D - how do i do it?

reply dicknose <dicknose_member pathlink.com> writes:
i have the IDDE and need step by step (noob) instructions for compiling with
DigitalMars. I have the source to my program but no idea how to compile it. Was
made for me and told it could be re-compiled with, DM. Can anyone help a noob?
Aug 29 2004
"dicknose" <dicknose_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:cgtcmo$1ou9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 i have the IDDE and need step by step (noob) instructions for compiling

 DigitalMars. I have the source to my program but no idea how to compile

 made for me and told it could be re-compiled with, DM. Can anyone help a

To compile the program foo.d, use the command: dmd foo.d which will create the file foo.exe, which you can then run.
Aug 29 2004
parent reply Id <Id_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cgtv1r$1udo$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"dicknose" <dicknose_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:cgtcmo$1ou9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 i have the IDDE and need step by step (noob) instructions for compiling

 DigitalMars. I have the source to my program but no idea how to compile

 made for me and told it could be re-compiled with, DM. Can anyone help a

To compile the program foo.d, use the command: dmd foo.d which will create the file foo.exe, which you can then run.

If you want the program to go faster, use dmd -O -release -inline foo.d :) .
Aug 30 2004
parent reply h3r3tic <h3r3tic dev.null> writes:
Id wrote:
 If you want the program to go faster, use dmd -O -release -inline foo.d :) .

If you value your sanity, don't use -O
Aug 30 2004
"h3r3tic" <h3r3tic dev.null> wrote in message
news:cgvc2d$2hgb$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Id wrote:
 If you want the program to go faster, use dmd -O -release -inline foo.d

 If you value your sanity, don't use -O

Don't worry, I fixed the two -O bugs you reported.
Aug 30 2004