digitalmars.D - What's up with the 'cent' type?

reply kinghajj <kinghajj_member pathlink.com> writes:
It looks interesting... when will it be completed? 16-bytes can hold alot of
data ;) ... just think about the cryptology uses!

When it is implemented, will there be phobos functions to take many other types
(say, bytes/ubyes) and combine them into one cent?
Aug 17 2004
"kinghajj" <kinghajj_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:cftnj3$1e07$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 It looks interesting... when will it be completed? 16-bytes can hold alot
of
 data ;) ... just think about the cryptology uses!

 When it is implemented, will there be phobos functions to take many other
types
 (say, bytes/ubyes) and combine them into one cent?
It's just being reserved for future implementation. When that will be, I don't know. I'm sure there will be the usual library routines to support it.
Aug 17 2004
parent Tom Sawyer <tsawyer hannible.mo> writes:
 "kinghajj" <kinghajj_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:cftnj3$1e07$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 It looks interesting... when will it be completed? 16-bytes can hold alot
of
 data ;) ... just think about the cryptology uses!

 When it is implemented, will there be phobos functions to take many other
types
 (say, bytes/ubyes) and combine them into one cent?
It's just being reserved for future implementation. When that will be, I don't know. I'm sure there will be the usual library routines to support it.
I hope this would also include ASM SSE support. SSE data is all 128-bit data types.
Aug 18 2004