digitalmars.D - dj - D bits from Java

reply stonecobra <scott stonecobra.com> writes:
I just posted dj, my testing conversion of the java -> D converter.
Basically ported Java HashMap and all descendants, as well as Doug Lea's
ConcurrentHashMap from the concurrent package.

Check it out at http://dotnot.org/code/dj/

No, it is not templatized, as I would like to leave that to someone
else, if that think it is a useful excercise (probably not worthwhile,
since dtl is now officially out of the closet :) ).

What do you guys think?  I am pretty impressed with the converter
actually.  After conversion, it took about 4 hours of effort to package
up all of the classes and write some sort of unittest that would
actually run.

I can do more if people are interested, otherwise I am moving back to
porting SAX2 and a decent XML parser to D.

Scott Sanders
Aug 01 2004
next sibling parent "Tu Nam" <dreamweaver mail15.com> writes:
Does your porter works with AWT ? I hope so cause just AWT is enough for
build any GUI ;)
On the way to get it
"stonecobra" <scott stonecobra.com> wrote in message
news:ceju5m$2gci$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I just posted dj, my testing conversion of the java -> D converter.
 Basically ported Java HashMap and all descendants, as well as Doug Lea's
 ConcurrentHashMap from the concurrent package.

 Check it out at http://dotnot.org/code/dj/

 No, it is not templatized, as I would like to leave that to someone
 else, if that think it is a useful excercise (probably not worthwhile,
 since dtl is now officially out of the closet :) ).

 What do you guys think?  I am pretty impressed with the converter
 actually.  After conversion, it took about 4 hours of effort to package
 up all of the classes and write some sort of unittest that would
 actually run.

 I can do more if people are interested, otherwise I am moving back to
 porting SAX2 and a decent XML parser to D.

 Scott Sanders
Aug 01 2004
prev sibling parent Ilya Minkov <minkov cs.tum.edu> writes:
This is interesting... But this is only the conversion result, not the
converter itself available?

I have been looking at wx.NET recently. It consists of 2 parts: a
standard-compliant shared which makes wxWidgets acessible from C "wx-c",

clear general structure and should be more or less easy to convert
automatically...

Currently, i am writing (ahem, learning to write) a simple lexer and

Also i have taken a look at different parser generators, and ANTLR
should be easy to make output D - only 3 files to add. Aside from that,
my favorite parsergen is COCO/R, and i have been evaluating the
possibility to port it completely to D - it has already been ported into

the Java port into D, but now i seem to find the C++ port somewhat more
appealing...

I'm gonna finally move and release something, just don't know yet what.

-eye

stonecobra schrieb:

 I just posted dj, my testing conversion of the java -> D converter.
 Basically ported Java HashMap and all descendants, as well as Doug Lea's
 ConcurrentHashMap from the concurrent package.

 Check it out at http://dotnot.org/code/dj/

 No, it is not templatized, as I would like to leave that to someone
 else, if that think it is a useful excercise (probably not worthwhile,
 since dtl is now officially out of the closet :) ).

 What do you guys think?  I am pretty impressed with the converter
 actually.  After conversion, it took about 4 hours of effort to package
 up all of the classes and write some sort of unittest that would
 actually run.

 I can do more if people are interested, otherwise I am moving back to
 porting SAX2 and a decent XML parser to D.

 Scott Sanders
Aug 14 2004