digitalmars.D - Poll -- how many people use Interfaces in D?

reply "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> writes:
I think this would be really interesting to know! Simply replying will count

mark (or something).

Thanks much.

Jul 24 2004
next sibling parent reply J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
Kris wrote:

I think this would be really interesting to know! Simply replying will count

mark (or something).

Thanks much.

Everyone has to use an interface to use D. Notepad is an interface. I guess your talking about an advanced interface. I use DIDE. -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Jul 24 2004
parent reply John Reimer <brk_6502 yahoo.com> writes:
I think this would be really interesting to know! Simply replying will

distinguishing mark (or something).

Thanks much.

Everyone has to use an interface to use D. Notepad is an interface. I guess your talking about an advanced interface. I use DIDE.
No, I think he's referring to D's "interface" keyword. How many people make use of interfaces in D in their normal OO programming practice?
Jul 24 2004
next sibling parent reply "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> writes:
Yes; the "interface" keyword is what I meant. Thanks John.

"John Reimer" wrote..
Kris wrote:

Yes; the "interface" keyword is what I meant. Thanks John.

"John Reimer" wrote..

No, I think he's referring to D's "interface" keyword.  How many people
make use of interfaces in D in their normal OO programming practice?

Right o. Yes I use interfaces. -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Jul 24 2004
parent "Matthew" <admin.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
"J Anderson" <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> wrote in message
news:cdv3oi$1g1m$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Kris wrote:

Yes; the "interface" keyword is what I meant. Thanks John.

"John Reimer" wrote..

No, I think he's referring to D's "interface" keyword.  How many people
make use of interfaces in D in their normal OO programming practice?
Right o. Yes I use interfaces.
I do, but not to the degree to which I imagine prompted Kris' recent musings
Jul 24 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent Jan Bendtsen <dimon controlREMOVEME.aau.dk> writes:
John Reimer wrote:
I think this would be really interesting to know! Simply replying will

distinguishing mark (or something).

Thanks much.

Everyone has to use an interface to use D. Notepad is an interface. I guess your talking about an advanced interface. I use DIDE.
No, I think he's referring to D's "interface" keyword. How many people make use of interfaces in D in their normal OO programming practice?
I think J was trying to make a joke ;-) Anyways, I use interfaces as much as I can get away with (which is not much yet, as I haven't written so much actual D code yet, I admit). As an aside, I'm with Kris on the interface/class inheritance issue. I think Vathix made a very good point a bit earlier about the whole thing being an issue that stems from C++-style multiple inheritance... but D doesn't have multiple inheritance, so it seems to me that the Java approach is the more appropriate way to go. Cheers, Jan
Jul 25 2004
prev sibling parent Berin Loritsch <bloritsch d-haven.org> writes: