www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - 64 bit linker issues

reply "Benjamin Thaut" <code benjamin-thaut.de> writes:
I wanted to fix 
http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=8936 and I'm 
currently trying to compile a little repro case in x64 on windows:

import core.stdc.stdio;
import core.sys.windows.windows;

void bar()
{
	throw new Exception("Ex");
}

void foo()
{
	bar();
}

void main(string[] args)
{
   printf("%s\n", (SetCurrentDirectoryA("C:\\") != 0) ? "true".ptr 
: "false".ptr);
   try
   {
     // Let's serach the whole C: drive!
	foo();
   }
   catch(Exception ex)
   {
	auto info = ex.info.toString() ~ "\0";
	printf("%s\n",info.ptr);
   }
}

I compiled with the latest git master branch versions of dmd and 
druntime. Druntime was build with the default win64.mak.

..\..\dmd\src\dmd.exe -m64 -g -debug -w -I..\..\druntime\import 
-property main.d -debuglib=..\..\druntime\lib\druntime64.lib 
-defaultlib=..\..\druntime\lib\druntime64.lib user32.lib 
-L"/LIBPATH:\"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft 
SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\"" -L"/LIBPATH:\"C:\Program Files 
(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\lib\amd64\"" -L/NOLOGO

The error message I get is:
LIBCMT.lib(amdsecgs.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging 
information corrupt; recompile module

Compiling in release works just fine. As soon as I add -g or -gc 
it breaks.

Any ideas what I could have done worng?

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut
Dec 22 2012
next sibling parent Rainer Schuetze <r.sagitario gmx.de> writes:
On 22.12.2012 13:40, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
 I wanted to fix http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=8936 and
 I'm currently trying to compile a little repro case in x64 on windows:

 I compiled with the latest git master branch versions of dmd and
 druntime. Druntime was build with the default win64.mak.

 ...\..\dmd\src\dmd.exe -m64 -g -debug -w -I..\..\druntime\import
 -property main.d -debuglib=..\..\druntime\lib\druntime64.lib
 -defaultlib=..\..\druntime\lib\druntime64.lib user32.lib
 -L"/LIBPATH:\"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
 SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\lib\x64\"" -L"/LIBPATH:\"C:\Program Files
 (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\lib\amd64\"" -L/NOLOGO

 The error message I get is:
 LIBCMT.lib(amdsecgs.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information
 corrupt; recompile module

 Compiling in release works just fine. As soon as I add -g or -gc it breaks.

 Any ideas what I could have done worng?

Could be this one: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/1315 dmd might also add some library paths, try -v to see whether they conflict with your manually specified paths.
Dec 22 2012
prev sibling parent "Benjamin Thaut" <code benjamin-thaut.de> writes:
On Saturday, 22 December 2012 at 16:41:15 UTC, Rainer Schuetze 
wrote:
 Could be this one: 
 https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/1315

 dmd might also add some library paths, try -v to see whether 
 they conflict with your manually specified paths.

Thanks for the tip. Adding a sc.ini next to dmd.exe did help. Without the sc.ini the compiler would call the visual studio 2008 linker. (Because its in my PATH) And obviously that one is not compatible with the 2010 version. Kind Regards Benjamin Thaut
Dec 22 2012