digitalmars.D - Walter, plz make std.math.mfreq() a public function

reply David L. Davis <SpottedTiger yahoo.com> writes:
Walter: I found the std.math.mfreq( real x, real y, real precision ) function to
be very useful in the unittesting of real values in my current project, could
you make it a public function? Cause I think others will find as useful as I
have (plus I wouldn't have to copy it locally, just to change it from a private
function to public one). :P

Also are there any rounding type functions in Phobos, I've been looking around
in the code, and thus far I haven't seen any.

"Dare to reach for the Stars...Dare to Dream, Build, and Achieve!"
Jul 17 2004
"David L. Davis" <SpottedTiger yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:cdcfol$1pk9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter: I found the std.math.mfreq( real x, real y, real precision )

 be very useful in the unittesting of real values in my current project,

 you make it a public function? Cause I think others will find as useful as

 have (plus I wouldn't have to copy it locally, just to change it from a

 function to public one). :P

mfreq() is, frankly, a lousy function. I don't want to enshrine it and thereby have it live forever <g>. A properly written one would interpret the 'precision' as the number of bits in the mantissa that should match.
 Also are there any rounding type functions in Phobos, I've been looking

 in the code, and thus far I haven't seen any.

You can use any of the ones from C99's math.h.
Jul 17 2004