digitalmars.D - D Forms Library

reply "Vathix" <vathixSpamFix dprogramming.com> writes:
D Forms Library, or DFL, is my new Win32 windowing library. Check it out:
www.dprogramming.com/dfl.php . Here's a little info from the page:

With DFL you can:
  * Create and manage your Windows GUI application with a simple,
object-oriented interface.
  * Attach event handlers to many objects, such as controls, forms, and
menus, for practically any event.
  * Dock and anchor controls on the parent form, so resize code isn't
needed.
  * Use sockets that do not block the GUI thread.
  * Much more!

DFL should also appeal to .NET programmers, and hopefully persuade them to
try out D.

--
Christopher E. Miller
www.dprogramming.com
next sibling parent "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> writes:
Cool. That looks nice and simple!

"Vathix" <vathixSpamFix dprogramming.com> wrote in message
news:cd2vu2$16fp$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 D Forms Library, or DFL, is my new Win32 windowing library. Check it out:
 www.dprogramming.com/dfl.php . Here's a little info from the page:

 With DFL you can:
   * Create and manage your Windows GUI application with a simple,
 object-oriented interface.
   * Attach event handlers to many objects, such as controls, forms, and
 menus, for practically any event.
   * Dock and anchor controls on the parent form, so resize code isn't
 needed.
   * Use sockets that do not block the GUI thread.
   * Much more!

 DFL should also appeal to .NET programmers, and hopefully persuade them to
 try out D.

 --
 Christopher E. Miller
 www.dprogramming.com
Jul 14 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
i came across your site and saw this the other day.  i was sad that it
wasn't finished.  now i think i'll go play with it :D
Jul 14 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
Vathix wrote:
 D Forms Library, or DFL, is my new Win32 windowing library. Check it out:
 www.dprogramming.com/dfl.php . Here's a little info from the page:

 With DFL you can:
   * Create and manage your Windows GUI application with a simple,
 object-oriented interface.
   * Attach event handlers to many objects, such as controls, forms, and
 menus, for practically any event.
   * Dock and anchor controls on the parent form, so resize code isn't
 needed.
   * Use sockets that do not block the GUI thread.
   * Much more!

 DFL should also appeal to .NET programmers, and hopefully persuade them to
 try out D.
I don't know .NET from .COM, and I think it looks great!

 --
 Christopher E. Miller
 www.dprogramming.com
prev sibling next sibling parent "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Vathix" <vathixSpamFix dprogramming.com> escribió en el mensaje
news:cd2vu2$16fp$1 digitaldaemon.com
| D Forms Library, or DFL, is my new Win32 windowing library. Check it out:
| www.dprogramming.com/dfl.php . Here's a little info from the page:
|
| With DFL you can:
|   * Create and manage your Windows GUI application with a simple,
| object-oriented interface.
|   * Attach event handlers to many objects, such as controls, forms, and
| menus, for practically any event.
|   * Dock and anchor controls on the parent form, so resize code isn't
| needed.
|   * Use sockets that do not block the GUI thread.
|   * Much more!
|
| DFL should also appeal to .NET programmers, and hopefully persuade them to
| try out D.
|
| --
| Christopher E. Miller
| www.dprogramming.com

One of the examples can't be compiled: missing resource.d

-----------------------
Carlos Santander Bernal
Jul 14 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent Charlie <Charlie_member pathlink.com> writes:
Bootylicious!

Charlie

In article <cd2vu2$16fp$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Vathix says...
D Forms Library, or DFL, is my new Win32 windowing library. Check it out:
www.dprogramming.com/dfl.php . Here's a little info from the page:

With DFL you can:
  * Create and manage your Windows GUI application with a simple,
object-oriented interface.
  * Attach event handlers to many objects, such as controls, forms, and
menus, for practically any event.
  * Dock and anchor controls on the parent form, so resize code isn't
needed.
  * Use sockets that do not block the GUI thread.
  * Much more!

DFL should also appeal to .NET programmers, and hopefully persuade them to
try out D.

--
Christopher E. Miller
www.dprogramming.com
Jul 15 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply John Reimer <brk_6502 NO_S_PAM.yahoo.com> writes:
 D Forms Library, or DFL, is my new Win32 windowing library. Check it out:
 www.dprogramming.com/dfl.php . Here's a little info from the page:

 With DFL you can:
   * Create and manage your Windows GUI application with a simple,
 object-oriented interface.
   * Attach event handlers to many objects, such as controls, forms, and
 menus, for practically any event.
   * Dock and anchor controls on the parent form, so resize code isn't
 needed.
   * Use sockets that do not block the GUI thread. * Much more!

 DFL should also appeal to .NET programmers, and hopefully persuade them to
 try out D.
Will a Linux version follow? :-)
Jul 15 2004
next sibling parent reply "Vathix" <vathixSpamFix dprogramming.com> writes:
 Will a Linux version follow? :-)
I don't really know anything about linux GUI programming, so I don't even know if it's possible with this library. I'll look into it sometime.
Jul 15 2004