digitalmars.D - expanding phobos

reply llee <llee_member pathlink.com> writes:
I'm trying to access the following functions:
GetKeyboardState () and SetTimer ()
Neither of these functions are defined within phobos.
Trying to access these functions using std.c.windows.windows fails.
I tried searching Dsource.org to extend the libraries that come with
the standard D implementation. On the site I only found D file wrappers
replacing C header files. The problem is that many of these files depend on
others. Tracking these down in turn is proving tedious. Since I might have to do
this often, I'm asking for help.
Specifically I'm wondering if there is a way to update phobos itself.
Jul 12 2006
next sibling parent Justin C Calvarese <technocrat7 gmail.com> writes:
llee wrote:
 I'm trying to access the following functions:
 GetKeyboardState () and SetTimer ()
 Neither of these functions are defined within phobos.
 Trying to access these functions using std.c.windows.windows fails.
 I tried searching Dsource.org to extend the libraries that come with
 the standard D implementation. On the site I only found D file wrappers
 replacing C header files. The problem is that many of these files depend on
 others. Tracking these down in turn is proving tedious. Since I might have to
do
 this often, I'm asking for help.
 Specifically I'm wondering if there is a way to update phobos itself.
You shouldn't need to update phobos. You should be able to use a separate header port instead, such as the "Windows API" project: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?WindowsAPI -- jcc7
Jul 12 2006
prev sibling parent "Lionello Lunesu" <lionello lunesu.remove.com> writes:
Have you seen
http://www.dsource.org/projects/core32 ?

There's no need to change phobos. Just make sure DMD can find the .d and
.lib files, and you can import the files, as you would #include the headers
in C.

L.

news:e93peo$2e84$1 digitaldaemon.com...