digitalmars.D - Debugger

reply "Todor Totev" <umbra.tenebris list.ru> writes:
Hi Walter,
recently I was playing with the new incarnation of my old favourite  =

compiler - OpenWatcom.
Its debugger has decent interface and it natively works with DWARF2 debu=
g  =

information.
As linux dmd already produces DWARF2 info, is it possible to change  =

windows dmd to
produce DWARF2 debug info?
That way we will have a working D debugger which can be distributed by  =

default with D package.
I'm not sure whether Watcom debugger will need some patches for more  =

advanced D structures
but it is open source and one can get help from its developers (unlike  =

Microsoft whose
usual response is "we are aproaching our deadline so we won't fix that")=

Regards,
Todor
Feb 09 2006
parent "Walter Bright" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Todor Totev" <umbra.tenebris list.ru> wrote in message
news:op.s4piscloihwmk4 todor-1-xp.sanbolic.local...

Hi Walter,
recently I was playing with the new incarnation of my old favourite
compiler - OpenWatcom.
Its debugger has decent interface and it natively works with DWARF2 debug
information.
As linux dmd already produces DWARF2 info, is it possible to change
windows dmd to
produce DWARF2 debug info?
That way we will have a working D debugger which can be distributed by
default with D package.
I'm not sure whether Watcom debugger will need some patches for more
advanced D structures
but it is open source and one can get help from its developers (unlike
Microsoft whose
usual response is "we are aproaching our deadline so we won't fix that")
Regards,
Todor

***> That is a good idea, but dmd doesn't produce dwarf2 symbolic debug
info, only the line numbers :-(
Feb 09 2006