www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - code beautifier

reply pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
Out of curiosity, is anyone around here using a code beautifier for D
sourcecode?

If so, what works and what doesnt?

- Eric Anderton at yahoo
Feb 04 2006
next sibling parent James Dunne <james.jdunne gmail.com> writes:
pragma wrote:
 Out of curiosity, is anyone around here using a code beautifier for D
 sourcecode?
 
 If so, what works and what doesnt?
 
 - Eric Anderton at yahoo

Nah, I'm anal-retentive enough about my coding style that I rarely use code beautifiers. I'll literally make up a phase of development where I run back over my source; fixing up spaces and removing empty lines. You know the old saying: coding styles are like a$$holes... everyone's got one and nobody likes anyone else's. =P But to answer your question, I suppose GNU indent would do the trick? I'm not sure how hard-wired it is for C/C++ code specifically... It might choke on /+ +/ comments.
Feb 05 2006
prev sibling parent reply A <B b.com> writes:
On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 15:34:20 +1000, pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com>  
wrote:

 Out of curiosity, is anyone around here using a code beautifier for D
 sourcecode?

 If so, what works and what doesnt?

 - Eric Anderton at yahoo

I have an incomplete automatic indenter for D sources in DDT project. It is located in DIndenter.java (in eclipseD repository). I think it can be easily ported to D.
Feb 05 2006
parent reply =?UTF-8?B?SmFyaS1NYXR0aSBNw6RrZWzDpA==?= <jmjmak utu.fi.invalid> writes:
A wrote:
 On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 15:34:20 +1000, pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com>
 wrote:
 
 Out of curiosity, is anyone around here using a code beautifier for D
 sourcecode?

 If so, what works and what doesnt?

 - Eric Anderton at yahoo

I have an incomplete automatic indenter for D sources in DDT project. It is located in DIndenter.java (in eclipseD repository). I think it can be easily ported to D.

BTW, how do I install the newest DDT? Installing 0.2.2 is trivial, but the latest version isn't.
Feb 06 2006
parent reply "Ilya Zaitseff" <sarkseven gmail.com> writes:
On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 21:14:55 +1000, Jari-Matti Mäkelä  
<jmjmak utu.fi.invalid> wrote:

 A wrote:
 On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 15:34:20 +1000, pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com>
 wrote:

 Out of curiosity, is anyone around here using a code beautifier for D
 sourcecode?

 If so, what works and what doesnt?

 - Eric Anderton at yahoo

I have an incomplete automatic indenter for D sources in DDT project. It is located in DIndenter.java (in eclipseD repository). I think it can be easily ported to D.

BTW, how do I install the newest DDT? Installing 0.2.2 is trivial, but the latest version isn't.

Did you tried "find & install" eclipse feature through DDT update site? Also possible that the last version is broken. I just have no time to work on DDT now.
Feb 07 2006
parent reply =?UTF-8?B?SmFyaS1NYXR0aSBNw6RrZWzDpA==?= <jmjmak utu.fi.invalid> writes:
Ilya Zaitseff wrote:
 On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 21:14:55 +1000, Jari-Matti Mäkelä
 <jmjmak utu.fi.invalid> wrote:

 BTW, how do I install the newest DDT? Installing 0.2.2 is trivial, but
 the latest version isn't.

Did you tried "find & install" eclipse feature through DDT update site? Also possible that the last version is broken. I just have no time to work on DDT now.

Ok, I guess it didn't work since I tried to manually install those jar-packages from dsource. Now that I tried the "official" installer, it complains that the plugin requires a win32 operating system. Too bad I'm running Linux. Is it hard to port DDT to Linux? At least the good old EclipseD-plugin worked fine here. -- Jari-Matti
Feb 08 2006
parent "Ilya Zaitseff" <sarkseven gmail.com> writes:
On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 01:52:50 +1000, Jari-Matti Mäkelä  
<jmjmak utu.fi.invalid> wrote:

 Ilya Zaitseff wrote:
 On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 21:14:55 +1000, Jari-Matti Mäkelä
 <jmjmak utu.fi.invalid> wrote:

 BTW, how do I install the newest DDT? Installing 0.2.2 is trivial, but
 the latest version isn't.

Did you tried "find & install" eclipse feature through DDT update site? Also possible that the last version is broken. I just have no time to work on DDT now.

Ok, I guess it didn't work since I tried to manually install those jar-packages from dsource. Now that I tried the "official" installer, it complains that the plugin requires a win32 operating system. Too bad I'm running Linux. Is it hard to port DDT to Linux? At least the good old EclipseD-plugin worked fine here.

Maybe win3 requirements have no sense, I dont know it since I dont use linux. DDT interaction with dmd was written by Eugene Pelekhay. I didnt write anything platform-specific.
Feb 12 2006