digitalmars.D - D on BarraPunto.

reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Julio_C=E9sar_Carrascal_Urquijo?= writes:
Hi.

There's a post on BarraPunto today (The SlashDot equivalent in spanish).
If you can read and write in spanish and have a couple of minutes,
please join and help answering questions and correcting errors.

http://barrapunto.com/article.pl?sid=05/12/05/1140240&mode=thread

Thanks.
Dec 05 2005
next sibling parent reply Tom S <h3r3tic remove.mat.uni.torun.pl> writes:
For those of you who don't grok Spanish:
http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_load?lp=es_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbarrapunto.com%2Farticle.pl%3Fsid%3D05%2F12%2F05%2F1140240%26mode%3Dthread

Julio César Carrascal Urquijo wrote:
 There's a post on BarraPunto today (The SlashDot equivalent in spanish).
 If you can read and write in spanish and have a couple of minutes,
 please join and help answering questions and correcting errors.

 http://barrapunto.com/article.pl?sid=05/12/05/1140240&mode=thread
-- Tomasz Stachowiak /+ a.k.a. h3r3tic +/
Dec 05 2005
parent reply clayasaurus <clayasaurus gmail.com> writes:
"as the recurrent dream to create a new, innovating, stable,
burglaryable Operating system, etc.)"

lol. Surely they didn't mean an new stable operating system that is easy
to steal?

 Tom S wrote:
 For those of you who don't grok Spanish:
 http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_load?lp=es_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbarrapunto.com%2Farticle.pl%3Fsid%3D05%2F12%2F05%2F114
240%26mode%3Dthread

 Julio César Carrascal Urquijo wrote:

 There's a post on BarraPunto today (The SlashDot equivalent in
 spanish). If you can read and write in spanish and have a couple of
 minutes, please join and help answering questions and correcting errors.

 http://barrapunto.com/article.pl?sid=05/12/05/1140240&mode=thread
I really started laughing when I read this one from the comments: "But I am seeing in the page of D how I can use external bookstores C, in my case the SDL..." Can you guess what "bookstores" is supposed to mean? He he... gotta love babelfish. -JJR
Dec 05 2005
parent reply "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> writes:
Yea I like this translation too

-
Ademas happens with D that nor disappears like others, nor explodes its use.
Ahi in the candlestick like an eternal promise has stayed. , quizas is not
its niche in a future stranger.
-

Poetic!

Charlie

"John Reimer" <terminal.node gmail.com> wrote in message
news:dn2d3p$2au5$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Tom S wrote:
 For those of you who don't grok Spanish:
http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_load?lp=es_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fba rrapunto.com%2Farticle.pl%3Fsid%3D05%2F12%2F05%2F1140240%26mode%3Dthread
 Julio César Carrascal Urquijo wrote:

 There's a post on BarraPunto today (The SlashDot equivalent in
 spanish). If you can read and write in spanish and have a couple of
 minutes, please join and help answering questions and correcting
errors.
 http://barrapunto.com/article.pl?sid=05/12/05/1140240&mode=thread
I really started laughing when I read this one from the comments: "But I am seeing in the page of D how I can use external bookstores C, in my case the SDL..." Can you guess what "bookstores" is supposed to mean? He he... gotta love babelfish. -JJR
Dec 06 2005
parent Tom <Tom_member pathlink.com> writes:
Yes, Babelfish is not much of a good translator, at least for the
spanish-english matter.

In article <dn4bau$15bj$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Charles says...
Yea I like this translation too

-
Ademas happens with D that nor disappears like others, nor explodes its use.
Ahi in the candlestick like an eternal promise has stayed. , quizas is not
its niche in a future stranger.

Poetic!
Haha, really funny. That was in not-very-accented spanish: "Ademas ocurre con D que ni desaparece como otros, ni explosiona su uso. Se ha mantenido ahi en el candelero como una eterna promesa. No se, quizas encuentre su nicho en un desconocido futuro." And a "good" translation would be: "Besides, it happens that D doesn't disappear nor its use grows heavily." (in the sense that it doesn't die nor it doesn't become famous enough) "It has kept in existence on the candlestick as an eternal promise." (this was a little poetic in spanish as well) "I don't know, maybe it could find its place in an uncertain future."

 Tom S wrote:
 For those of you who don't grok Spanish:
http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_load?lp=es_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fba rrapunto.com%2Farticle.pl%3Fsid%3D05%2F12%2F05%2F1140240%26mode%3Dthread
 Julio César Carrascal Urquijo wrote:

 There's a post on BarraPunto today (The SlashDot equivalent in
 spanish). If you can read and write in spanish and have a couple of
 minutes, please join and help answering questions and correcting
errors.
 http://barrapunto.com/article.pl?sid=05/12/05/1140240&mode=thread
I really started laughing when I read this one from the comments: "But I am seeing in the page of D how I can use external bookstores C, in my case the SDL..."
That was... SPANISH: "Pero estoy viendo en la página de D cómo puedo usar librerías C externas, en mi caso las SDL." A "GOOD" ENGLISH TRANSLATION WOULD BE: "But I'm reading the D web page to find out how can I use extern libraries, in my case those from SDL."
 Can you guess what "bookstores" is supposed to mean?
Hehe, :D bookstores instead of libraries, that's my beloved babelfish. That's because in spanish we use the term "librerías" when talking about libraries (that in fact means bookshop or bookstore) but maybe we should use "bibliotecas" wich really is the good translation of library.
 He he... gotta love babelfish.
It really sucks but makes me laugh in such a way! --- Tom
Dec 06 2005
prev sibling parent reply pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dn1rpa$1j8a$1 digitaldaemon.com>,
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Julio_C=E9sar_Carrascal_Urquijo?= says...
Hi.

There's a post on BarraPunto today (The SlashDot equivalent in spanish).
If you can read and write in spanish and have a couple of minutes,
please join and help answering questions and correcting errors.

http://barrapunto.com/article.pl?sid=05/12/05/1140240&mode=thread

Thanks.
That's just awesome -- I don't know much spanish, but after cruising the BarraPunto thread, I could easily spot some familiar topics: A lo de bool no le veo problema (Puntos:1) [...] typedef int bool; (From what I gather the thread below this one is just as lively as the debate here in the DNG) Seriously, I would post some replies on that board, but I'm afraid of offending someone by proxy through babelfish. - EricAnderton at yahoo
Dec 05 2005
parent Tom <Tom_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dn1ulj$1o79$1 digitaldaemon.com>, pragma says...
In article <dn1rpa$1j8a$1 digitaldaemon.com>,
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Julio_C=E9sar_Carrascal_Urquijo?= says...
Hi.

There's a post on BarraPunto today (The SlashDot equivalent in spanish).
If you can read and write in spanish and have a couple of minutes,
please join and help answering questions and correcting errors.

http://barrapunto.com/article.pl?sid=05/12/05/1140240&mode=thread

Thanks.
That's just awesome -- I don't know much spanish, but after cruising the BarraPunto thread, I could easily spot some familiar topics: A lo de bool no le veo problema (Puntos:1) [...] typedef int bool; (From what I gather the thread below this one is just as lively as the debate here in the DNG) Seriously, I would post some replies on that board, but I'm afraid of offending someone by proxy through babelfish.
I'd happily translate for you any comments you want to post (if you like), though probably you'll think it'd be a pain in the ass for such an irrelevant job :) I'm from Argentina, so I'm a Spanish speaker. (my 2nd mailbox is chievo3 gmail.com) I've read some derogatory comments about D in Barrapunto but the most of these people didn't even take a look to D docs/specs before holding a position. Really, not to be a SoaB but, the most of'em are not to be taken for serious. Though I'll posts some opinions later. Tom
Dec 05 2005