digitalmars.D - Access to the CPU rotate instruction

Whilst I'm thinking native CPU instructions, another very nice to have that has
been missing from every high level language I know... access to the CPU's built
in rotate. At present, as I'm sure most know, various checksums which run like
lightening in hardware are very time consuming in software and often depend on
non-obvious looking code in order to get the speed up.

Here's an old thread on the subject of rotate (from 2002):
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/7593.html

In it we have: