digitalmars.D - Does the -op compiler flag work?

reply "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
I was having issues using ConText and the DMD compiler.  Usually, when
reporting errors, DMD will return just the name of the source file (and
sometimes a relative path).  Usually ConText is pretty good at finding the
file.  However, I've been working with some code where the source files are
in different sub-directories (main is in \blah, and module is in
\blah\modules), and ConText is getting kind of confused as to where the
files are.

So I wondered if I could make the compiler report errors using the full
pathname of the source file.  I found it had the -op option, which doesn't
strip the source file path.

I tried the -op option, and it still strips the path, returning a relative
path to the source.

Does it work for anyone else?
Jul 13 2005
parent reply Victor Nakoryakov <nail-mail mail.ru> writes:
Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
 I was having issues using ConText and the DMD compiler.  Usually, when
 reporting errors, DMD will return just the name of the source file (and
 sometimes a relative path).  Usually ConText is pretty good at finding the
 file.  However, I've been working with some code where the source files are
 in different sub-directories (main is in \blah, and module is in
 \blah\modules), and ConText is getting kind of confused as to where the
 files are.

 So I wondered if I could make the compiler report errors using the full
 pathname of the source file.  I found it had the -op option, which doesn't
 strip the source file path.

 I tried the -op option, and it still strips the path, returning a relative
 path to the source.

 Does it work for anyone else?

Yes, it works. But not for file names that contain errors, -op affects .obj files location (or names). I don't understand how this flag works completely, but while my experiments I nodiced that if I'll use -od and -op flags whith files that contains ".." in relative path -od will be ignored. Maybe this is a bug, but I'm not sure. It would be nice to see slightly better description of -op. -- Victor (aka nail) Nakoryakov nail-mail<at>mail<dot>ru Krasnoznamensk, Moscow, Russia
Jul 14 2005
parent "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Victor Nakoryakov" <nail-mail mail.ru> wrote in message
news:db52v8$22q7$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Yes, it works. But not for file names that contain errors, -op affects
 .obj files location (or names). I don't understand how this flag works
 completely, but while my experiments I nodiced that if I'll use -od
 and -op flags whith files that contains ".." in relative path -od will be
 ignored. Maybe this is a bug, but I'm not sure. It would be nice to see
 slightly better description of -op.
Oh. Bah. Oh well, I'll just have to keep switchin folders in ConText, I guess.
Jul 14 2005