digitalmars.D - firebird - firebird.zip

reply rko <rko_member pathlink.com> writes:
using the firebird direct interface makes things a lot faster. i just started to
convert the header
and it is probably full of mistakes and errors. you need to get the lib (convert
them) and dlls
from firebird 1.5. the sample in main works.

rko
Jul 07 2005
next sibling parent reply Dejan Lekic <leka entropy.tmok.com> writes:
It would be very nice if You add Firebird support to the DDBI project. More
about it on http://jeremy.cowgar.com/ddbi/ .

Kind regards

--
Dejan Lekic
  http://dejan.lekic.org

Jul 07 2005
parent reply rko <rko_member pathlink.com> writes:
please use that for what ever reason you guys like. the header file i tried to
convert is actually from the upcomming version 2.0, but it is beta now. it will
work with that 2.0 beta but that has problems. you should use the stable 1.52
and when 2.0 is released, convert the 2.0 libs and it should work too.

rko

In article <dajrdu$1k5h$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Dejan Lekic says...
It would be very nice if You add Firebird support to the DDBI project. More
about it on http://jeremy.cowgar.com/ddbi/ .

Kind regards

--
Dejan Lekic
  http://dejan.lekic.org

Jul 07 2005
parent reply Dejan Lekic <leka entropy.tmok.com> writes:
I will not use it anyway because I do not use Firebird at all - just MySQL
and SQLite. I thought You would like to contribute to the excellent DDBI
project...

--
Dejan Lekic
  http://dejan.lekic.org

Jul 07 2005
parent rko <rko_member pathlink.com> writes:
i wrote an email to tell him that - if he want use it, no string are attached -
to go ahead.

rko

In article <dajv94$1mph$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Dejan Lekic says...
I will not use it anyway because I do not use Firebird at all - just MySQL
and SQLite. I thought You would like to contribute to the excellent DDBI
project...

--
Dejan Lekic
  http://dejan.lekic.org

Jul 07 2005
prev sibling parent reply "Mark Delano" <invalid invalid.net> writes:
Thanks for those files.  I'm not too confident of my abilities but I'll see
if I can make sense of it.  Is it that essentially no one
else is doing this?  That makes me second guess what I thought was a great
idea... ;)

Mark

"rko" <rko_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:daj18v$1037$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 using the firebird direct interface makes things a lot faster. i just
 started to
 convert the header
 and it is probably full of mistakes and errors. you need to get the lib
 (convert
 them) and dlls
 from firebird 1.5. the sample in main works.

 rko

Jul 07 2005
parent reply rko <rko_member pathlink.com> writes:
no, we use firebird in one of the german heathcard projects, but with a
different language. we finally got the goahead to start a comparision with d -
and a fast native firebird interface. even if we do not keep d, we will keep the
native interface. if it is of any use?? i do not know - for us it is.

rko

In article <dajs4p$1ki9$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Mark Delano says...
Thanks for those files.  I'm not too confident of my abilities but I'll see
if I can make sense of it.  Is it that essentially no one
else is doing this?  That makes me second guess what I thought was a great
idea... ;)

Mark

"rko" <rko_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:daj18v$1037$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 using the firebird direct interface makes things a lot faster. i just
 started to
 convert the header
 and it is probably full of mistakes and errors. you need to get the lib
 (convert
 them) and dlls
 from firebird 1.5. the sample in main works.

 rko

Jul 07 2005
next sibling parent rko <rko_member pathlink.com> writes:
a little test prog without the db

rko

// **************************************************
//
// Project Created 4 / 6 / 2004
// Created By
//
// **************************************************

import std.stdio;
import std.string;
import std.c.windows.windows;
import diCrPKI;
import sqlclass;

db thisdb;
char[] szDSN = "IDENTITY";     // Data Source Name buffer
char[] szUID = "sysdba";      // User ID buffer
char[] szPasswd = "masterkey";// Password buffer
char[] szSqlStr= "select praxisname from arzt where arztnummer = 1" ;
char szModel[256];            // Model buffer
static ubyte[256] res;
int ret;

uint ARZTNUMMER;
uint LAUFENDENUMMER;
char[] FACHGUPPE1;
char[] sql = "select * from arzt where ARZTNUMMER = 5 and laufendenummer = 1\0";
int nMajor, nMinor;

int main ( char [] [] args ) {

PKI_Version(&nMajor, &nMinor);
printf(">|  %i %i\n", nMajor,nMinor);
db thisdb = new db;
ret = thisdb.DataSource(szDSN, szUID, szPasswd);
printf(">|  %i %s\n", ret,toStringz(szDSN));

ret = thisdb.ExecSQL(sql);
printf(">|  %i\n", ret);

ret = thisdb.Bindc(1, &ARZTNUMMER);
printf(">|  %i\n", ret);
ret = thisdb.Bindc(2, &LAUFENDENUMMER);
printf(">|  %i\n", ret);
ret = thisdb.Bindc(3, 60, FACHGUPPE1);
printf(">|  %i\n", ret);

ret = thisdb.GetRow();
printf(">|  %i\n", ret);

//  FACHGUPPE1 = thisdb.GetStringField(3, 60);

printf(" %s  |  %i  |  %i\n", toStringz(FACHGUPPE1), ARZTNUMMER,LAUFENDENUMMER);
delete thisdb;

dbinfo thisdb1 = new dbinfo(szDSN, szUID, szPasswd);

thisdb1.GetCatalog(szUID);
return 1;
}

In article <dajt9m$1l7q$1 digitaldaemon.com>, rko says...

prev sibling parent reply Dave <Dave_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <dajt9m$1l7q$1 digitaldaemon.com>, rko says...
no, we use firebird in one of the german heathcard projects, but with a
different language. we finally got the goahead to start a comparision with d -
and a fast native firebird interface. even if we do not keep d, we will keep the
native interface. if it is of any use?? i do not know - for us it is.

Just curious - what would this comparison consist of? LOC / Man-Month Bugs / LOC Performance etc... Or just kind-of "hmmm - the developers like language X the best". Thanks, - Dave
[...]

In article <dak03r$1neu$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Dave says...
In article <dajt9m$1l7q$1 digitaldaemon.com>, rko says...
no, we use firebird in one of the german heathcard projects, but with a
different language. we finally got the goahead to start a comparision with d -
and a fast native firebird interface. even if we do not keep d, we will keep the
native interface. if it is of any use?? i do not know - for us it is.

Just curious - what would this comparison consist of?

running it (native firebird versus odbc) in our OLD language (25 yards old).
LOC / Man-Month
Bugs / LOC
Performance
etc...

Or just kind-of "hmmm - the developers like language X the best".

the java programmers we have, are more comfortable with d than with c++ - including my enforced preferences. this is, i admit, an unfair - i want decision. me d, most java, some c++ - highest card beats lowest. rko