digitalmars.D - [OT] Is it me, or are these NGs very..

reply "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
Dead?

Did everyone somehow schedule their vacations for this month or something?
I mean heck, there have been two posts on the announcement board in the past
8 days.  The bugs and learn boards are almost equally stagnant.
Jun 29 2005
next sibling parent "Craig Black" <cblack ara.com> writes:
Dead?

strategically eliminating everyone who posts to this newsgroup, and YOU
could be next.

-Craig
Jun 29 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply AJG <AJG_member pathlink.com> writes:
I blame the newsgroup system ;). People are just too used to regular web forums
nowadays, so I think it hampers the community's growth. I always use the web
interface; I don't think I even have a newsreader installed.

--AJG.

In article <d9u7hi$17ep$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Jarrett Billingsley says...
Dead?

Did everyone somehow schedule their vacations for this month or something?
I mean heck, there have been two posts on the announcement board in the past
8 days.  The bugs and learn boards are almost equally stagnant.
================================ 2B || !2B, that is the question.
Jun 29 2005
parent Carlos Santander <csantander619 gmail.com> writes:
AJG escribió:
 I blame the newsgroup system ;). People are just too used to regular web forums
 nowadays, so I think it hampers the community's growth. I always use the web
 interface; I don't think I even have a newsreader installed.

 --AJG.

 ================================
 2B || !2B, that is the question.
I like forums but I prefer newsgroups because I can browse them offline. It's a plus for us with dial-up. -- Carlos Santander Bernal
Jun 29 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent clayasaurus <clayasaurus gmail.com> writes:
Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
 Dead?

 Did everyone somehow schedule their vacations for this month or something?
 I mean heck, there have been two posts on the announcement board in the past
 8 days.  The bugs and learn boards are almost equally stagnant.

It is not dead, it is just sleeping...
Jun 29 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply John Reimer <brk_6502 yahoo.com> writes:
Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
 Dead?

 Did everyone somehow schedule their vacations for this month or something?
 I mean heck, there have been two posts on the announcement board in the past
 8 days.  The bugs and learn boards are almost equally stagnant.

It's summer. What do you expect? :-) People typically get outrageously busy during summer. I know I do. I've had very little time for D over the last couple of months. You'll see. Come fall and winter... it'll be a-buzzing again here. I was noticing that dsource was stagnating too. -JJR
Jun 30 2005
parent reply "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"John Reimer" <brk_6502 yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:d9uf75$1iv9$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Woah!  How'd you post from the future?  If I'm not mistaken, there is
nowhere in the world right now where it's 11:30 AM on the 30th..
Jun 29 2005
parent John Reimer <brk_6502 yahoo.com> writes:
Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
 "John Reimer" <brk_6502 yahoo.com> wrote in message
 news:d9uf75$1iv9$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Woah!  How'd you post from the future?  If I'm not mistaken, there is
 nowhere in the world right now where it's 11:30 AM on the 30th..

Darn computer... that's the second time.
Jun 30 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <d9u7hi$17ep$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Jarrett Billingsley says...
Dead?

Did everyone somehow schedule their vacations for this month or something?
I mean heck, there have been two posts on the announcement board in the past
8 days.  The bugs and learn boards are almost equally stagnant.
Everyone's on vacation. Sniff around dsource.org and you'll see a sudden drop in activity from frequent posters. Kris was out all last week, and if this summer is anything like the last, he'll be gone for a while. I'm in Denver right now on training at Sun (yes, we're taking on more Java at work.. burn me as a heretic when I get back). So I've dropped off the radar a little. I'm sure things will pick back up in Sept/Aug. - EricAnderton at yahoo
Jun 29 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
news:d9ua6n$1ajk$1 digitaldaemon.com...

As an avid forumer, I'll have to agree with you there.. NGs seem like something out of the infancy of the internet. Or before that. Even a very basic forum system would be better than this. "pragma" <pragma_member pathlink.com> wrote in message news:d9uk1b$1ouu$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Everyone's on vacation.  Sniff around dsource.org and you'll see a sudden
 drop
 in activity from frequent posters.
At least it's not just here!
Jun 29 2005
next sibling parent reply "Unknown W. Brackets" <unknown simplemachines.org> writes:
Alas, that discussion has happened many times previous.  Considering I
write forum software, one should have an idea of my position ;).

Walter, on the other hand, seems to prefer newsgroups - I believe he
felt it preferable to be able to work with a client of your choice, than
a web interface (to which my answer would be theming, but that still
doesn't completely solve it.)

-[Unknown]