www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - Announce leds 00.10 (linux only)

reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
Here is the leds announcement.
I spend all of last night updating the user manual, instead chassing bugs.
(so go there and check it!)

There is a new leds release available.

the major improvement is on the code browser and
code lookup (aka intellisense).

Intellisense now understands the classes inheritance hierarchy.
still missing for intellisense:
- enum (when defined on a separate module)
- members from functions (i.e. "hat." will work but "getHat()." will not)
- non OO imports ("std.string." will not fire any completion)

get leds from http://leds.sourceforge.net
binary and source available.
(to compile you need DUI 00.13 http://sourceforge.net/projects/dui )

check the updated manual!
http://leds.sourceforge.net/userManualPage.html

project definition and targets:
http://leds.sourceforge.net/userManualProj.html
http://leds.sourceforge.net/projTarget.html
(it's all a bit confusing I hope I can make a better UI in the future)

new user defined shortcuts:
http://leds.sourceforge.net/prefEditorShortcuts.html

new error pane:
http://leds.sourceforge.net/errorPane.html

new "add to project" and "quick find" tools:
http://leds.sourceforge.net/toolbar.html

enjoi.

Ant
Apr 27 2004
next sibling parent Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <c6lta3$1rfc$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Ant says...
(so go there and check it!)

should read: (so go there and check it! :) ) Ant this internet messages thing is very tricky...
Apr 27 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Vanh <Vanh_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <c6lta3$1rfc$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Ant says...
Here is the leds announcement.
I spend all of last night updating the user manual, instead chassing bugs.
(so go there and check it!)

There is a new leds release available.

the major improvement is on the code browser and
code lookup (aka intellisense).

Well, I got error from make here the tail end of the error: /parseD/RebuildCode.d ./parseD/CodeFormatter.d ./parseD/FormatD.d ./conver t/CreateImportVersion.d ./convert/GtkToDUI.d ./convert/NewGtkWrap.d ./resources/ DUILogo.d -c -I~/dmd/src/phobos:~/D/DUI/dui_00.13_97/src:.:: -od../obj -op Error: Error writing file '../obj/./convert/CreateImportVersion.o' How to fix this? Vanh
Apr 27 2004
parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:56:28 +0000, Vanh wrote:

 In article <c6lta3$1rfc$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Ant says...
Here is the leds announcement.
I spend all of last night updating the user manual, instead chassing bugs.
(so go there and check it!)

There is a new leds release available.

the major improvement is on the code browser and
code lookup (aka intellisense).

Well, I got error from make here the tail end of the error: /parseD/RebuildCode.d ./parseD/CodeFormatter.d ./parseD/FormatD.d ./conver t/CreateImportVersion.d ./convert/GtkToDUI.d ./convert/NewGtkWrap.d ./resources/ DUILogo.d -c -I~/dmd/src/phobos:~/D/DUI/dui_00.13_97/src:.:: -od../obj -op Error: Error writing file '../obj/./convert/CreateImportVersion.o'

(funny it works fine for me... on the other hand DUI is missing dirs dlib, dango and event on the obj dir...) Seems that obj/convert directory doesn't exist... Can you confirm that? How did you unpack the leds_00.10.84.tar.gz file? "tar zxvf leds_00.10.84.tar.gz" does create the directory on my system. (I should have created a .convert empty file inside the directory to ensure the tar creates it. Seems I forgot) You should also remove the tag "-version=CONV_GTK" from the dmd (unless you plan on helping with DUI). Ant
Apr 27 2004
parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:04:13 -0400, Ant wrote:

 On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:56:28 +0000, Vanh wrote:
 
 In article <c6lta3$1rfc$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Ant says...
Here is the leds announcement.


(funny it works fine for me... on the other hand DUI is missing dirs dlib, dango and event on the obj dir...)

For all of you that were very conserned with this I just uploaded a corrected tar file for DUI. I hope Vanh can confirm the problem whit the leds package. Ant
Apr 27 2004
parent reply Vanh <Vanh_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <pan.2004.04.28.01.29.37.678423 yahoo.ca>, Ant says...
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:04:13 -0400, Ant wrote:

 On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:56:28 +0000, Vanh wrote:
 
 In article <c6lta3$1rfc$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Ant says...
Here is the leds announcement.


(funny it works fine for me... on the other hand DUI is missing dirs dlib, dango and event on the obj dir...)

For all of you that were very conserned with this I just uploaded a corrected tar file for DUI. I hope Vanh can confirm the problem whit the leds package. Ant

Ok, I finally got it to work after redown and re-untar the file. there's one problem the location of file in the make file is wrong /usr/down/scintilla159/bin/scintilla.a. Thank Ant for the pointer. Vanh
Apr 27 2004
parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 03:27:05 +0000, Vanh wrote:

about leds

 
 Ok, I finally got it to work after redown and re-untar the file. there's one
 problem  the location of file in the make file is wrong
 /usr/down/scintilla159/bin/scintilla.a.

that's where I have it... :} I never moved it to a regular lib directory...
 Thank Ant for the pointer.

You're welcome. Let us know if you do use leds. Ant
Apr 27 2004
parent reply Vanh <Vanh_member pathlink.com> writes:
 Thank Ant for the pointer.

You're welcome. Let us know if you do use leds. Ant

Well, I've attempted to use it. I'm still trying to set it up so I can compile-run-debug D code. Do you have a sample set up that I can look at? Vanh
Apr 28 2004
parent reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <c6p604$1bvt$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Vanh says...
 Thank Ant for the pointer.

You're welcome. Let us know if you do use leds. Ant

Well, I've attempted to use it.

attempted? hmmm... that doesn't sound good... you shouldn't be strugling with it (every thing seems very natural to me...) leds was suppose to be simple to use :(
 I'm still trying to set it up so I 
can compile-run-debug D code.

wasn't the user manual helpfull? http://leds.sourceforge.net/userManualProj.html but you should be able to create a new project from the project view "new" icon or project menu/new. you just need to: - enter the project name and directory on the basic, - enter dmd and phobos location on the build, - and enter the target definitions http://leds.sourceforge.net/projTarget.html don't forget the srcdirs or your project will be empty as far as the targets are concern (I'll change to empty == all). And after changing the targets you always need to restart, is very fast and the internal states are saved so you don't even notice it;) I agree that the target definition UI is kind of uggly but once you done it once... now, about the debug - it's not supported. I use DDD with gdb but cannot see the D sources (so it's usefull only to debug when I interface with C on DUI)
 Do you have a sample set up that I can look at?

Maybe I could ship a leds project definition with the source... Maybe all the definitions for DUI and all the tests. It would be a question of pointing to the right directories. A dialog could be popup up when a project doesn't point to a valid directory. That would be costly in terms of size or startup time. I'll probably do it. Ant
Apr 28 2004
parent reply Vanh <Vanh_member pathlink.com> writes:
What I'm trying to do is to create a console project to run
a sample wc example from D documentation.
here the output message.

*** Executing: cd /home/vphom/D/Test/src ; make -f Makefile.wordc all clean
make: Makefile.wordc: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.wordc'.  Stop.

wasn't the user manual helpfull?
http://leds.sourceforge.net/userManualProj.html

but you should be able to create a new project from the
project view "new" icon or project menu/new.
you just need to:
- enter the project name and directory on the basic,
- enter dmd and phobos location on the build,
- and enter the target definitions 
http://leds.sourceforge.net/projTarget.html

How can I reopen myproject? There's no menu to open my previous project.
don't forget the srcdirs or your project will be empty as far as 

the location of source dir it was clear up after I click ok and then reopen it. So I don't know if the source dir is being used.
now, about the debug - it's not supported.
I use DDD with gdb but cannot see the D sources (so it's usefull
only to debug when I interface with C on DUI)

Maybe I could ship a leds project definition with the source...
Maybe all the definitions for DUI and all the tests.

It would be a question of pointing to the right directories.
A dialog could be popup up when a project doesn't point
to a valid directory. That would be costly in terms of size
or startup time. I'll probably do it.

user up and runing. Then he or she could customized to whatever setting they needed much like kdevelop does. Vanh
Apr 28 2004
parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:47:53 +0000, Vanh wrote:

 What I'm trying to do is to create a console project to run
 a sample wc example from D documentation.
 here the output message.

 Well I think you could fill-in with all the default value, so to get the
 user up and runing.

that's a good idea. Then he or she could customized to whatever setting
 they needed much like kdevelop does.

ah! kdevelop! I had answer all your questions step by step then I got to that line and decided to try kdevelop! It crashed my X server and I lost then entire post... :) I'll do a step by step stetup of a simple project and repost it. Ant
Apr 28 2004
parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:10:56 -0400, Ant wrote:

 On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:47:53 +0000, Vanh wrote:
 
 What I'm trying to do is to create a console project to run
 a sample wc example from D documentation.
 here the output message.

I'll do a step by step setup of a simple project and repost it.

I just uploaded it to the leds pages I assure you it has the same quality as the other user manual pages :( check it at: http://leds.sourceforge.net/howtoCreateProject.html Ant
Apr 28 2004
parent reply Vanh <Vanh_member pathlink.com> writes:
   * enter "obj" on skip dirs
    * press ok (you don't have to press OK now, you can proceed directly to
step >2a)
     two sub directories on your project base directory:
         o src
         o obj
           the obj directory will not be visible as we instructed the project
          to skip that directory on the project view.

if you exit and restart leds the project should still be visible

it back. May be my installation is screw up some how. Vanh
Apr 29 2004
next sibling parent Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 02:44:18 +0000, Vanh wrote:

 
 
   * enter "obj" on skip dirs
    * press ok (you don't have to press OK now, you can proceed directly to
step >2a)
     two sub directories on your project base directory:
         o src
         o obj
           the obj directory will not be visible as we instructed the project
          to skip that directory on the project view.

if you exit and restart leds the project should still be visible

it back. May be my installation is screw up some how. Vanh

check if you have the leds home direcories: ~/.leds ~/.leds_data ~/.leds_data/projects the project file *.lpj should be in ~/leds_data/projects leds saves the window size and position and opened files between runs. does it do that on your system? That is on the save on openedFiles.leds and preferences.leds to create those instructions I run a new install of leds changing the home parameters: leds --home ~/.ledsDemo --data ~/.ledsDemo_data leds created the following dir tree: .ledsDemo |-- openedFiles.leds `-- preferences.leds .ledsDemo_data `-- projects `-- wc.lpj except wc.lpj that leds created only when the wc project was created. (openedFiles.leds and preferences.leds are also not created when leds first start up) Other user(s) reported success creating leds projects. !!!!!!!!! wait I just found a bug !!!!!!!!! : if the home directory and the data directory are the some the projects subdirectory doesn't get created!!? did you do that? force home and data to be the same directory? for example leds --home .leds1 --data .leds1 <<-- will fail to create projects subdir with no projects subdir the project doesn't get saved! Ant
Apr 29 2004
prev sibling parent Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 02:44:18 +0000, Vanh wrote:

 
 
   * enter "obj" on skip dirs
    * press ok (you don't have to press OK now, you can proceed directly to
step >2a)
     two sub directories on your project base directory:
         o src
         o obj
           the obj directory will not be visible as we instructed the project
          to skip that directory on the project view.

if you exit and restart leds the project should still be visible

it back. May be my installation is screw up some how. Vanh

Do you want to chat somewhere? I not too familiar with that but I do have xchat... email me, it's on the header of this message. Ant
Apr 29 2004
prev sibling parent reply "Blandger" <zeroman prominvest.com.ua> writes:
"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c6lta3$1rfc$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Here is the leds announcement.
 There is a new leds release available.

 Intellisense now understands the classes inheritance hierarchy.
 still missing for intellisense:
 - enum (when defined on a separate module)
 - members from functions (i.e. "hat." will work but "getHat()." will not)
 - non OO imports ("std.string." will not fire any completion)

Sounds great! I'll be looking forward for the Windows version.
Apr 28 2004
parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:05:28 +0300, Blandger wrote:

 
 "Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:c6lta3$1rfc$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Here is the leds announcement.
 There is a new leds release available.

 Intellisense now understands the classes inheritance hierarchy.
 still missing for intellisense:
 - enum (when defined on a separate module)
 - members from functions (i.e. "hat." will work but "getHat()." will not)
 - non OO imports ("std.string." will not fire any completion)

Sounds great! I'll be looking forward for the Windows version.

It is great! (well, at least for me). The windows version is my next goal. Ant
Apr 28 2004
parent School <itsnotvalid-news yahoo.com.hk> writes:
Ant said:

 On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:05:28 +0300, Blandger wrote:
 
 
"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c6lta3$1rfc$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Here is the leds announcement.
There is a new leds release available.

Intellisense now understands the classes inheritance hierarchy.
still missing for intellisense:
- enum (when defined on a separate module)
- members from functions (i.e. "hat." will work but "getHat()." will not)
- non OO imports ("std.string." will not fire any completion)

Sounds great! I'll be looking forward for the Windows version.

It is great! (well, at least for me). The windows version is my next goal. Ant

Wondering when I can switch to linux ( when I don't play windows games and only stick to Unreal :0
Apr 28 2004