digitalmars.D - Where can we find coff2omf.exe?

reply "Ben Harper" <ben gls.co.za> writes:
Excuse my ignorance, but where? Is it not free?
May 24 2005
"Ben Harper" <ben gls.co.za> wrote in message
news:d70a2i$2hcd$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Excuse my ignorance, but where? Is it not free?

www.digitalmars.com/eup.html
May 24 2005
parent reply Trevor Parscal <Trevor_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <d70fmq$2m3t$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"Ben Harper" <ben gls.co.za> wrote in message
news:d70a2i$2hcd$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Excuse my ignorance, but where? Is it not free?

www.digitalmars.com/eup.html

I support the purchase of the extended utilities package if you need all of those utilities, but coff2omf.exe was something I found on an unrealtated site for free, and I assume they had the right to give it away, and I know it works, cause i use it. I attached a copy. If it doesn't work, I can e-mail it to anyone who needs it. Thanks, Trevor Parscal www.trevorparscal.com trevorparscal hotmail.com
May 24 2005
parent reply Florian Sonnenberger <nairolf online.de> writes:
Trevor Parscal wrote:
 In article <d70fmq$2m3t$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...

"Ben Harper" <ben gls.co.za> wrote in message
news:d70a2i$2hcd$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Excuse my ignorance, but where? Is it not free?

www.digitalmars.com/eup.html

I support the purchase of the extended utilities package if you need all of those utilities, but coff2omf.exe was something I found on an unrealtated site for free, and I assume they had the right to give it away, and I know it works, cause i use it. I attached a copy. If it doesn't work, I can e-mail it to anyone who needs it. Thanks, Trevor Parscal www.trevorparscal.com trevorparscal hotmail.com

The same file can be found at: ftp://digitalmars.com/Digital_Mars_C++/Patch/COFF2OMF.zip And by the way, if somebody's searching for bcc.exe, cl.exe, implib.exe, rcc.exe or shell.exe, they are in: ftp://digitalmars.com/bup.zip Florian
May 25 2005
parent reply "Ben Harper" <ben gls.co.za> writes:
Thanks.
I also found it in Borland's set of free command line compiler & utilities.

"Florian Sonnenberger" <nairolf online.de> wrote in message
news:d72vah$jai$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Trevor Parscal wrote:
 In article <d70fmq$2m3t$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...

"Ben Harper" <ben gls.co.za> wrote in message
news:d70a2i$2hcd$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Excuse my ignorance, but where? Is it not free?

www.digitalmars.com/eup.html

I support the purchase of the extended utilities package if you need all of those utilities, but coff2omf.exe was something I found on an unrealtated site for free, and I assume they had the right to give it away, and I know it works, cause i use it. I attached a copy. If it doesn't work, I can e-mail it to anyone who needs it. Thanks, Trevor Parscal www.trevorparscal.com trevorparscal hotmail.com

The same file can be found at: ftp://digitalmars.com/Digital_Mars_C++/Patch/COFF2OMF.zip And by the way, if somebody's searching for bcc.exe, cl.exe, implib.exe, rcc.exe or shell.exe, they are in: ftp://digitalmars.com/bup.zip Florian

May 26 2005
parent reply Carlos Santander <csantander619 gmail.com> writes:
Ben Harper escribió:
 Thanks.
 I also found it in Borland's set of free command line compiler & utilities.

That one won't work. Borland's OMF is different to DigitalMars' OMF. -- Carlos Santander Bernal
May 26 2005
parent reply Trevor Parscal <Trevor_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <d75hk5$7pk$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Carlos Santander says...
Ben Harper escribió:
 Thanks.
 I also found it in Borland's set of free command line compiler & utilities.

That one won't work. Borland's OMF is different to DigitalMars' OMF. -- Carlos Santander Bernal

Hmm.. Worked for me...

Ben Harper escribió:

Thanks.
I also found it in Borland's set of free command line compiler & utilities.

That one won't work. Borland's OMF is different to DigitalMars' OMF. -- Carlos Santander Bernal

Hmm.. Worked for me...

Weird. What do you mean by worked? Could you use the resulting obj/lib with optlink in a way that it didn't complain? -- Carlos Santander Bernal
May 27 2005

--
Carlos Santander Bernal

Yes. The linker said it was an invalid library, and after using the coff2omf program the linker linked and the lib worked. But if you don't get such great results, you can buy the extended utilities package and have someone to complain to if it doesnt work. :) Thanks, Trevor Parscal www.trevorparscal.com trevorparscal hotmail.com
May 27 2005
parent Carlos Santander <csantander619 gmail.com> writes:
Trevor Parscal escribió:

 Yes. The linker said it was an invalid library, and after using the coff2omf
 program the linker linked and the lib worked. But if you don't get such great
 results, you can buy the extended utilities package and have someone to
complain
 to if it doesnt work. :)

 Thanks,
 Trevor Parscal
 www.trevorparscal.com
 trevorparscal hotmail.com

Weird. I have tried (in the past) to link BCC obj/lib with optlink and viceversa with no success. -- Carlos Santander Bernal
May 27 2005